PDA

View Full Version : Some more welding questions

Python14
04-11-2003, 05:41 PM
Hey, back again with some more welding questions. I checked out that Lincoln Weld Pak 100 and it's alright, but it's very picky. Alot of times, I'm welding things that aren't very clean and it shows with this machine. I think it has alot of to with the fact it's fairly low amperage. Both my welding teacher and I are thinking a better choice might be a multiprocess machine so I can do short circuit dip, globular, and spray all with one unit, plus, I'd like to have the option of SMAW too because well, it's fun and doesn't require shield gas(argon/c02 is expensive). Does anyone here have any recommendations?
Thanks.

ChucktheMAGician
04-11-2003, 06:56 PM
I'm pretty good w/ a soldiering iron if you need any help;) C ya tomorrow!

Python14
04-11-2003, 07:01 PM
haha, ironically, I have slowly begun to get worse and worse at soldering. I thought my skills, like my tongue, sharpened with time, but I guess I was wrong.:( :) But I can lay down some nice fat beads with fluxcore machine, so I guess that makes up for it.

Trench
04-12-2003, 08:51 AM
Your tounge? Lol! No really though, grabe 2 pipes and do it in the backyard and u will get better at it...

Python14
04-12-2003, 06:16 PM
yea....ok, this is a little concerning, my Postwhorographer meter just exploded.

rhetor22
04-12-2003, 06:47 PM
Well, i'm not sure if i understood you right, but it sounds like you just need to make your welding surface cleaner. Get a cordless drill with a wire brush bit and go nuts. You'll have a much higher quality weld.

Python14
04-12-2003, 07:09 PM
alot of the time I can do that, but unfortunately, many times I cannot. Most of the stuff I weld outside of school is unprepared, and I don't have access to a drill or grinder, or whatever.

Python14
04-14-2003, 09:18 PM
No one?

Oh yea, new question, Are there Aluminum stick electrodes out there? or am I just out of luck?