PDA

View Full Version : ignorant mag questions..

trxtr
04-11-2003, 09:25 PM
so i've seen the light and crossed over to the darkside. after years of swearing up and down over the greatness of pnuematic operated sheridan valve blah blah blah, a 68 classic crossed my path for an unbeatable deal and i can't put it down. i for see it becoming a very serious money pit. since i'm not one to make uninformed purchases (it was this site that swayed me to make the purchase) i want to know what works? what mods are "gotta have" and what is just a gimmick? what parts are interchangable and what's not? does the stock frame work with an rt valve? is the lvl 10 everything it's cracked up to be?

thanx
trxtr

magnj
04-11-2003, 09:37 PM
what's gotta have. Nothing. Your gun is a monster as it is. As for good thing to have. Probably a new trigegr frame is your first hing besides a barrel. RT Valve if u got the cash.

Level 10, yes. I would highly suggest one if you are having chopping problems which I am sure you are.

Stock frame should work.

Lots of O rings are interchangable

Bulldog
04-12-2003, 06:47 PM
Intelliframes are great, so is the level 10 upgrade. Most anything made by ANS isn't going to do anything for preformance. Mags are great on HPA.

Tunaman
04-12-2003, 07:50 PM
You need a good hopper to feed the beast first. That would be my first purchase, then go for the level 10. ;)

trxtr
04-13-2003, 12:52 AM
yeah it shoots great with a halo, but seems to double feed allot when i'm using dark shelled paint. what's the deal?
thanx
trxtr

askman
04-13-2003, 01:51 AM
double feeding is due to weak ball detent. my guess is that the dark ball that you have may be smaller diameter. Since halo has a strong force feed system, unless you get the latest firmware,(which supposedly have lower force), you are pushing pass the detent. you may replace it first, and see if that fixes it.

trxtr
04-13-2003, 02:15 AM
i heard somewhere that the halo sensor didn't register black surfaces. mine continues to try and feed when i'm not firing. but only when i use marbled purple and black VL paint. than i hear the sensor works fine with all paint. i'll look into the detent, though.

thanx
trxtr