PDA

View Full Version : My ULE Emag w/X

yagrmiestr
04-11-2003, 10:20 PM
ULE rail and frame are on the way from Tuna ;)

http://homepage.mac.com/yagrmiestr/.Pictures/Emag/emag1.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/yagrmiestr/.Pictures/Emag/emag2.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/yagrmiestr/.Pictures/Emag/emag3.jpg

And a little something I've been working on. :eek:

http://homepage.mac.com/yagrmiestr/.Pictures/Emag/emag4.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/yagrmiestr/.Pictures/Emag/emag5.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/yagrmiestr/.Pictures/Emag/emag6.jpg

rehme
04-11-2003, 10:23 PM
i love that red body on it me likes:D

FlagCarrier
04-11-2003, 10:25 PM
yeah, the red ule is very nice :cool:

magman007
04-11-2003, 10:26 PM
yager, you have bard flashing softwear? im quite interested.... Can you possibly flash a board for me?

Send me a pm if you are capable.

Also, nice lookin marker man!

yagrmiestr
04-11-2003, 10:50 PM
Yeah, I have developed my own software for the stock emag board.

Right now it has....

Shot Modes: 1 Shot, 3 Shot, 5 Shot & Full Auto
Speeds: 10, 15, 20, 25 Bps
Warp Link: On/Off
E-Safety: On/Off
Low Battery Warning (similar to stock)

I also use the burst mode jumper as a tourney lock to force the gun into single shot mode.

It just started out as a little tinkering :D Now I'm deciding what to do with it.

- Jeremy
(Edit: Removed 2nd sig image)

BlackVCG
04-12-2003, 12:20 AM
You got rid of the crappy stock gauges and got Mac Devs!!!

Good man. :)

I really like how the red goes with the black. Very nice gun.

behemoth
04-12-2003, 06:29 AM
ohhh, its veery nahss *french accent*

warpfeedmod
04-12-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by yagrmiestr
Yeah, I have developed my own software for the stock emag board.

Right now it has....

Shot Modes: 1 Shot, 3 Shot, 5 Shot & Full Auto
Speeds: 10, 15, 20, 25 Bps
Warp Link: On/Off
E-Safety: On/Off
Low Battery Warning (similar to stock)

I also use the burst mode jumper as a tourney lock to force the gun into single shot mode.

It just started out as a little tinkering :D Now I'm deciding what to do with it.

- Jeremy
(Edit: Removed 2nd sig image)

Yagrmiestr,

I'd suggest before you continue to flash the boards and possibly do it for anyone else you consult with tom about it. There was an issue that came out a while back about hacking the emag, here is he link to that thread:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7927&highlight=hacking+the+emag

Here's some comments concerning releasing the code and possibly sharing it with others:

Originally posted by jeffremiller:

Probably a good point Potatoboy.... better keep even the hex code private.

Showing how to pull the code shouldn't violate anything...but the actual act of doing it is definitely debatable.

As far as the DMCA... well... don't get me started.

To which HaveBlue replied:

Actually, I don't believe that dumping the board would be in violation of the DMCA. However, posting the description of how I did it along with the picture could concievably be in violation IF there were, as the law states, a 'technological measure that effectively controls access to a work' in place. But in this case, there is no measure in place that controls access - the code is there for anyone with an AVR ISP programmer. v1.37 is a different matter, as it is read protected. But then again, I'm not a lawyer.

At any rate, I won't post the .hex or disassembled code until AGD either grants or denies permission.

To which Tom replied:

Humm, well I see the gremlins have creeped into the code and are ready to make my life complicated.

Have Blue, if the code gets out everyone will be messing with it and the first thing they will do is shorten the solenoid on time to greatly extend their battery life. We do 30 ms (we must have changed it somewhere down the line) the hyperframe does 6 ms. If you do that you will chew up bolts, I have to replace them for free, the gun gets a bad rep, I ***** about the code changes, guys say mine is working fine your programers suck, we refuse to warrantee, EVERYONE is pissed off.

The industry is right on the edge of making ALL electronic guns NON PROGRAMABLE because of hacked code. In fact they all agreed to start doing it Jan 1 but WDP is having second thoughts. Non programable guns means every time you want to update your software you have to buy another WHOLE BOARD. Good for me I make more money, bad for you but that's because cheaters affect everyone.

Have Blue, if you really want to do this why don't we put you officially on the AGD software development team. You can cook up cool stuff and we can distribute it as AGD certified software. You can't do crazy full auto and the like. We can trade development time for product etc.

The next batch of boards will have the new chip with more memory. If the no programing comes through it might not be necessary. If WDP sues over patent infringement there might not be any displays what so ever.

This was all taking place back in 2001, so I don't know fi thgere have been any changes or not. I'd get with haveblue, jeff or AGD and find out where they stand.

Mossman
04-12-2003, 10:06 AM
you haxor....

Gun is SICK dude. MMMM...purty! :D

sniper1rfa
04-12-2003, 10:17 AM
your best bet is not to do this for anybody. And tell AGD you did it if you ever send the gun in (of they dont notice when they turn it on... ;) )

Its started as tinkering, and it should end as tinkering. :)

Nice gun though!

yagrmiestr
04-12-2003, 01:09 PM
warpfeedmod,

I've read through the post. One difference is that Have Blue was modifying AGD code. I didn't read Tom's code or try to dissassmble it. I simply took a look at how the board was wired up and wrote my own code from scratch.

Just a note, in my software the solenoid dwell time is hard coded at 25ms. I understand Tom's concern here. It wouldn't be any easier for anyone to change it in a board I programed than a stock programed one.

Thanks for the info. I will tread lightly here. :D Oh an Tom if you do read I was able to save a good amount of code space by placing the character data in the eeprom. (Took me a little while to come up with this idea so I didn't know if you did it this way).

One other question to anyone who know. What was AGD's stance on the emagnum board (morlock)? I wasn't around AO back then. Did they just not warranty the guns or was it a stronger reaction than that??

Thanks Guys!!

- Jeremy

(edit: spelling..that's why I'm an injunear :p )

covadsucks
04-12-2003, 03:32 PM
I can't wait to see it in action on the 19th.:D:p

*captain_cox*37
04-12-2003, 06:04 PM
Thats nice! I would never be able to do something like that I would either end up screwing it all over or getting mad and throwing it out the window. But yeah that is purty good!

maglover52
09-27-2003, 02:42 AM
hey how did u make is say yagr? i wanna change what mine says and how did u change all the stuff like the bps to 25 and full auto?

yagrmiestr
09-27-2003, 02:58 AM
Wow, you dug up an older thread. ;) To answer your question, I wrote my own software for the emag micro. If you have some programming and electronics experience PM me and I will try to give you more details. However, it's probably not the best first project because you could ruin your emag.