PDA

View Full Version : Just showin' off my new FACTORY Emag BLADE trigger!!

Army
04-12-2003, 01:05 AM
Not really! Fooled ya! It WAS a factory Emag trigger, until I attacked it with files, sandpaper and the bead blaster:D Yes, the magnet is still in there, no, I can't adjust it unless I break it out of the epoxy and put in another washer and re-epoxy. It's still way short and light.

And it's sooo easy to sweet spot it now!

RobAGD
04-12-2003, 03:00 AM
Army - just tap and thread in a grub screw into the top of the trigger, you will need to remove the top magnet in the trigger but the Frame magnet will still act on the grub adjuster as long as you use steel. This will allow you some adjustment without quick the level of headache.

-Robert

Army
04-12-2003, 10:18 AM
Rob, with the washer stack under the magnet, I've got it right where I want it with the regular adjusting screw. In electro, it's still less than 1mm of travel, and super light too.

BajaBoy
04-12-2003, 10:37 AM
Army, this has nothing to do with your trigger but i guess i can ask u anyway?

i heard somewhere on here that when u get the "red" emag it looked pinky to you and had it sent out to have it done red.. true or false?

anyway nice job on the trigger:)

Army
04-12-2003, 10:56 AM
Aaaaaaarrrrrgghh! When will it ever end! :D

I sent my MiniMag to SiNs Customs in Canada for a wild bright red powdercoat, with ghost flames coming down the barrel and over the front of the body....what came back was a freakin' nightmare of irridescent pink and blue:)

After a few more mailings back and forth, and more than a few bad words, I funally got back what I asked for...except it looked like a monkey painted it:) I, hopefully, bad-mouthed SiNs enough across the web, to shut him down! My $55 paint job cost me almost $130 in shipping and customs BS.

I will soon be doing another modification to the MiniMag to remove the current crappy paintjob, and it will re-emerge as a whole new beastie! Wait and see!

Russ
04-26-2003, 02:27 AM
Inspired by ARMY's trigger work...

I "did" my trigger up. Big files, little files, emery paper & polish. The set screw for the HES sensor magnet is still adjustable!

I had previously reamed the trigger pin hole in the trigger to .126", made a new trigger pin out of a gauge pin (.126"-), Added .004" and a .002" shim, one on each side of the trigger. There is very little (OK, as little as possible!) side-to-side play, and total trigger travel is .022", measured @ the middle of the adjustment screw.

Miscue
04-26-2003, 03:23 AM
Hey, I like that trigger... pseudo-hump.

spydervenom
04-26-2003, 07:30 AM
nice triggers.

but what are those big tubes?? are they just cosmetic things to cover up the hose? they look sweet.

Kevmaster
04-26-2003, 08:44 AM
yeh, covering the MacroLine or SS Hose

FalconGuy016
04-26-2003, 04:33 PM
Why cover macroline?

Dubstar112
04-26-2003, 04:42 PM
sort of reminds me of the trigger I made... with a file and drill ;)

TNS2k2
06-13-2003, 11:45 PM
As you know Army, i was thinking of doing this to my trigger as well. what i want to know, is if i can do this instead. I want to set the trigger to where i want it, then pull the magnet in the back of the trigger out, fill that space/hole in the back of the trigger with epoxy, and then re-screw the magnet in. before the epoxy hardens, i want to adjust it again to where i want it, and let the epoxy harden. When it has set for like 12 hours, i want to take that hole hump off with a dremel, and make it flat. my question is, will the magnet stay with the setscrew only threaded possibly 2 threads, and the epoxy to also hold it, or is my plan even possible.

another question i have is... what was the thickness of the metal after you filed off that hole hump, where the setscrew for the magnet was?

Lopy-slopy
06-14-2003, 10:19 AM
Army, do you have pics of the Minni. I would like to see the results.

Hucklbry
06-14-2003, 10:30 AM
Nice job guys. Those triggers look nice.