PDA

View Full Version : How many valve stars on the minimag? 68 classic?

mjs1217
04-12-2003, 09:00 AM
I know i have posted this once before, but I heard revently that all the valves had 2 stars. So which is it?: Minimag has 4 and classic has 1, or they all have 2 stars?

EsPo
04-12-2003, 09:27 AM
look on the side of the valve.. the amount of stars on the side of the valve is how many it has. my classic had one.. i think they all have one. minimags have 4 (to my knowledge) and all valves without stars (retro ect) have 2

mjs1217
04-12-2003, 09:46 AM
i cant look on the side... i dont own a mag =(

how old are your mags?

cphilip
04-12-2003, 10:39 AM
Classic = 1
Automag = 3
Minimag = 4
RT/RTP/EMag/X's = 2 (but not marked as such)

EsPo
04-12-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by cphilip
Classic = 1
Automag = 3
Minimag = 4
RT/RTP/EMag/X's = 2 (but not marked as such)
whats the difference between automag and classic? are they different valves?

cphilip
04-12-2003, 10:51 AM
Nope...same valve but lazer etched "Automag" instead of "Classic Automag" and then lazer etched with three stars. Not sure if you can get these anymore or not. And not sure what package they sold on but I had one on my Eclipse Mag. I also have been told that Micromag Valves are showing Three stars too.

cphilip
04-12-2003, 11:05 AM
...oh and that Eclipse Mag was apparently done by Eclipse or some direct customizer at at least. It was the most complete Eclipse package I have ever seen. And all the parts were obviously done by Eclipse at the same time as eveything was a perfect Green and Black splash match. Darka nd light green and black. Not only was the Rail done but a 12" AA barrel front, the verticle adapter (which had a black Gas through on it) and all the little parts. And in addition in the set was a Expansion Chamber also done in exact matching Splash and all obviously done at the same time. I never used the Expansion chamber but it came with it. It had a Green solid colored Benchmark Grip in the light green that matched that perfectly and I have never seen one that color otherwise that had a trigger job done to it by Warped Sports. It had set screws milled and tapped into the grip frame to push the trigger rod down onto the hump of the back of the trigger and one in the back of the frame to set the amount of over travel of the trigger and they had drilled through both the trigger and the trigger gaurd so you could insert a Alen key all the way through and set that back travel screw. All expertly done too.

mjs1217
04-12-2003, 01:23 PM
cool, thanks for the help.