PDA

View Full Version : need some level 10 help before tomorrow

tmnothing
04-12-2003, 11:29 AM
Yes once again I'm creating another thread. The official thread is so huge now nobody looks at it. I did however, read through damn near all of it looking for my answer and I didnt find anything that seemed to help me enough. I wouldnt be so impatient but I was really hoping to get my level 10 up and running for tomorrow's game.

I had the #1.5 carrier and 2 shims installed and there were no leaks (I'm sure of it). I was working on figuring out which spring to use and I was having problems with the bolt hitting too hard so I figured I'd add a shim. Well I went to 3 shims and it leaked, but when I took out one it still leaked even though it didnt before! I tried the #1 carrier (wont shoot at even with velocity ALL the way up) and the #2 carrier (leaks like crazy) and switching around the shims, but I cant get it to where it doenst leak again! Right now it's leaking BARELY, it's so very minute but it is clearly leaking. Is it possible that putting carriers/shims/backing washer in and taking them out over and over again would cause this since there werent any leaks with the 1.5/2 shims at first? Should I get new ones?

Remington
04-12-2003, 12:21 PM
I'm no expert but it sounds like you're having the same problems I did when I got my LX. The main thing you want to do(and I'm telling you this because it sounds like you're LX is fairly new) is work on getting your carrier o-ring worn in realy well. Oil, oil, oil until you run out of oil. Then, oil some more. Okay, that's a hyperbole but you really should oil it a lot. If that doesn't work, trying putting just one shim in. If all else fails, PM BlackVCG and he'll help you out, he's really good at this stuff.

Good Luck!

- John

CNC9D
04-12-2003, 01:04 PM
If you read the installation directions (step 9) it says to dry fire your marker to wear in the o-rings, even though it may or may not be leaking. This is done with the parts indicated in the instructions. After this is done then you can start on fine tunning the LX.

Here is what I have set up, for comparison:
The silver "Cut" spring.
The #1 o-ring carrier.
Two shims.
Works great.

I suggest reading the instructions again. Start with "Fast Start Assembly Instructions" first.

When I put my LX in I found that the two o-ring carriers with one line on them were different. One would fit just right but would leak and the other one fit a bit tighter and stoped leaking. So try both 0-ring carriers.