PDA

View Full Version : Bad things always happen when I play

SlipknotX556
04-12-2003, 08:49 PM
Well last month, we had a fire at the field, today after I left, my brother was driving me home, we saw an ambulance drving in the direction of the field, so we didnt know what was up. It was later, that my friends came the door and asked me if I knew what happend, I said no, so they informed me. Seems a kid got mad, at another kid, for something, dont know what, but the kids were in the staging area, well so they had no masks on, the kid shot the other kids ear point blank, the kid that was shot, lost hearing in his left ear, most of his ear was shot off. :(

All because a kid got mad that he got shot.

DyNasTy
04-12-2003, 08:57 PM
I hate hearing things like that, But I hate little kids ruining our sport, that is just stupidity in one of its forms. I hope the kid got banned from the field and hopefully the family does something about it

SlipknotX556
04-12-2003, 09:04 PM
Dont know the exact details yet, but should be on tommorow mornings news.

I think what will happen, the kid will not be banned, the field is a church run field and the land for it is donated it will most likely shut down.

RetroEclipseMan
04-12-2003, 09:09 PM
Man, that is so messed up. Hopefully something will be done to the kid that shot the other kid but it's hard to say if assalt charges would actually be filed. What's even worse is if the field gets shut down. I mean all those people that played there will no longer have a field to play at thanks to a stupid move by an even more stupid kid.

paint magnet
04-12-2003, 09:09 PM
That sucks, last time I almost got killed by the mafia at the field.

Long story but some Italian 10 yr. old kid showed up and wanted to play on our team for a tourney. We said no but he shows up the day of the tourney anyway. Then we end up letting him play a few games and his brother gets pissed and threatens us because he claimed we were picking on him.

(see my sig quote)

SlipknotX556
04-12-2003, 09:14 PM
Worst thing is, this field is once a month. I usally play at another field 30min away, thats open every weekend. But the sad thing is this place, usually has over 400 people each month. The only other field is 30min away, charges 80 a case, 15 for entry and air cards.

This field is the biggest paintball event in florida, even has more people then waynes world scenaro games.

*ArKfEaR*
04-12-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by SlipknotX556

All because a kid got mad that he got shot.

Besides the time thing, and i rather hang out with my friends, or at a club or go out with my girlfriend, or work on my car... thats another reason why I dont play paintball.

Because it wasnt fun anymore, everyone was getting all too serious, it wasnt about fun anymore. It was too competitive, and got real booring. It just didnt have that rush it use to have. Hope it comes back though... paintball was fun in its prime.

Maybe im getting old.. (lol only 18... birthday was yesterday!) but for some reason playing with cool looking guns and shooting plastic shelled balls filled with paint doesnt interest me anymore.

Demobilized
04-12-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by *ArKfEaR*

Besides the time thing, and i rather hang out with my friends, or at a club or go out with my girlfriend, or work on my car... thats another reason why I dont play paintball.

Because it wasnt fun anymore, everyone was getting all too serious, it wasnt about fun anymore. It was too competitive, and got real booring. It just didnt have that rush it use to have. Hope it comes back though... paintball was fun in its prime.

Maybe im getting old.. (lol only 18... birthday was yesterday!) but for some reason playing with cool looking guns and shooting plastic shelled balls filled with paint doesnt interest me anymore.

Crazy little kid! :D

Mossman
04-12-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Demobilized

Sorry to say it but you're off your rocker.

Back to the topic at hand, that sucks dude. I hope that kid gets taught a lesson, and I hope the kid who got shot is OK. See kids, this is why there should be a genetic filter, and those with too low IQ's to pass through it should be drowned in cough syrup.

*ArKfEaR*
04-12-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Demobilized

Sorry little 14 year old thats trying to sound cool and old, I am in fact 18 years young (:D) as of yesterday.

Your a new person here as I see, but sorry nopes your wrong.

Go to sleep its 12:40 :(

elpimpo
04-13-2003, 12:56 AM
thats so gay. i hate to say this but some one needs to beat the hell out of the kid that did that. thats rediculous i would slap the biggest lawsuit on that kid. god it stupid <B>*POOF*</B> like this that makes people think paintball is a violent sport. i like the idea with the cough syrup

EDIT" arkfear i thought your sig said got boose

<B>*Warning: No Cussing*</B> -Miscue

*captain_cox*37
04-13-2003, 07:17 AM
Man it really really gets to me when people think they can use paintball markers as a weapon to hurt someone intentionally. It doesn't set the sport back but when people that don't know anything about the sport see it in the paper they really get the wrong idea. Most people I talk to don't even know we where masks!

robert heatwole
04-13-2003, 07:21 AM
i was there when it happend. very dirty site!!!:(

paint magnet
04-13-2003, 10:21 AM
@R |< p43@R : (sorry, I, um, 'misspelled' your name :D ) I suggest you come to an AO meet. There you will find people that still play with honesty and integrity and don't do stupid things that ruin the sport for the rest of us. Often, with AO member, refs aren't even needed. You might also try pump play if the game is too boring for you.

Slipknot, I know that has to suck. But try looking around, I recently discovered a few fields I didn't know existed in my area. Also make sure that every time someone brings up the subject of how paintball is dangerous and refers to the incident where a little kid got his ear blown off by these 'high powered assault weapons' that you correct them and show them that it was human stupidity not paintball's fault that caused this. I hope the kid that got shot gets better, and as for the kid that shot him, he deserves to be castrated with a rusty spoon.:eek:

breg
04-13-2003, 10:30 AM
Man, I hate hearing about that kind of stuff. How do we ever expect to gain support of non players with wastes of daily feedings like that playing?

*ArKfEaR*
04-13-2003, 01:21 PM
How are those AO meets?

more than just people from AO come though right?

paint magnet
04-15-2003, 06:04 PM
Well, I can only speak for the one I attended. The field was open to anyone, but nearly everyone there was an AO member or signed up soon after.

The prices were good, the competition and gameplay was wonderful since there was no cheating or the usual arguments and fights you see from less mature people at the fields. It was the most fun playing paintball I've had in a long time, and it was in an atmosphere where you could bring the whole family without fear of the little ones hearing dirty words or people arguing over hits and stuff. It was paintball played the way it was intended to be, and that is fun. I quit playing tournaments for two reasons, first because I suck, and secondly because it just wasnt fun competing against other teams for a trophy. I'm just in it for fun, and to me if you take the focus off of that then there isn't any point to the game. Its kind of like professional sports, some play for the love of the game and others cheat and foul mouth refs and get paid lots of money to do it.

edweird
04-15-2003, 06:09 PM
I wish natural selection could just weed these idiots out.

Pissing in the Gene Pool should be a crime against humanity.

paint magnet
04-15-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by edweird

http://www.darwinawards.com/

It's claimed a few of 'em, but IMO not nearly enough:rolleyes:

Miscue
04-15-2003, 06:41 PM
I often ponder about such a filtering system... ;)

rx2
04-15-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by edweird

Well, in that regard, human intelligence is a double-edged sword. Our intelligence, which has allowed us to succeed to the point we have, also makes life so easy and risk-free (relatively speaking), that people of "lesser stock" get by on the coat-tails of the more apt.

EsabaMag
04-15-2003, 11:35 PM
its all because the kid was not taught to fear and respect that escalator!!!..

hehe...no seriouly though, incidents like this realy errrk me...1) if kids are younger they need to be taught that paintball guns are NOT wepons, but means by witch we play a sport that has us all wraped in mental disorder thriving for the next rush of Co2 to fill our nostils and paintballs to be sprayed (A.K.A. addiction)...2) I don't have all the fact of the even but i think they should have been more supervised being that young especial if someone is know to have a temper problem, witch could quite possible be the case here, not that anyone could possible plan for this or stopped this...

the paintball community should release a statement to the papers that we do not want actions such as this or teach them, and that the kid should have the book thrown at him..

p.s. where in florida are you at slipknot...i'm in the greater tampa area...if your anywhere close maybe i can help u find a field closer.

*captain_cox*37
04-16-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by EsabaMag
its all because the kid was not taught to fear and respect that escalator!!!..

:D I didn't think many people had seen Mallrats. Maybe no one else knows what you are talking about ,but it is a pretty good point. Younger kids should be taught to fear and respect their markers.:D

EsabaMag
04-16-2003, 02:57 PM
kevin smith rock!!!

*captain_cox*37
04-16-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by EsabaMag
kevin smith rock!!!

Yep, Yep, Seen like all his movies but "Chasing Amy". That is not one I would really like though.:D

paint magnet
04-16-2003, 03:08 PM
Paintball guns, when used to shoot someone's ear off are weapons. Just like if I stab you with a Pop-Tart, it becomes a weapon.

*captain_cox*37
04-16-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by paint magnet
Paintball guns, when used to shoot someone's ear off are weapons. Just like if I stab you with a Pop-Tart, it becomes a weapon.

Yep pretty much anything could be called assault with a deadly weapon. Although I know a stick of butter couldn't. Unless it was frozen of course.

paint magnet
04-16-2003, 03:14 PM
Even a melted stick of butter could be a weapon :D

Make someone really fat eat it and they die of a heart attack or something. And there's always the possibility you could melt it and drown them in it. Or shove it down their throat and make them choke on it. Ok, I'll stop now, I'm starting to scare myself :p

*captain_cox*37
04-16-2003, 03:16 PM
Yep, nail clippers could be a deadly weapon too. Well the airline industry thinks so N E ways. I appreciate them upping our security but come on. Just imagine 10 guys trying to hijack a plane with nailclippers. What would you do? B hotch slap the guys right.

paint magnet
04-16-2003, 03:20 PM
What a strange world in which we live.

WARPED1
04-16-2003, 04:29 PM
Slipknot:
www.orlandopaintball.com
www.paintball-world.com
www.spacecoastpaintball.com
A few that I know of near me, well spacecoast pb is in Titusville.