PDA

View Full Version : Guns laying around at tournys

Miscue
04-13-2003, 02:19 AM
It never ceases to amaze me how many $1000+ guns are left lying around with nobody to watch. I guard my stuff closely. Anyone else notice this?

mag-hatter
04-13-2003, 04:10 AM
i always have my eye on mine. when i go to the bathroom, i take it with me for 2 reasons
a) i dont want to leave it out in the open for people to take

b)if i get overpowered by a dirty old man i can cap him in the eye. god bless agd.

Mango
04-13-2003, 06:11 AM
At the Atlantic City NPPL last year I overheard two kids discussing walking away with some of Team Farside's markers. I kindly told them that wouldn't be a good idea, as I had heard thier entire plan. They scuttled away like cockroaches after that.

But yeah, It does bother me how careless some players are about thier gear.

fire1811
04-13-2003, 06:55 AM
they have already had atleast one marker stolen at
LV nppl
2k black angel

*captain_cox*37
04-13-2003, 06:59 AM
I figure if they don't appreciate their guns enough to keep an eye on them, then they deserve to have them stolen!

eric
04-13-2003, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by *captain_cox*37
I figure if they don't appreciate their guns enough to keep an eye on them, then they deserve to have them stolen!

So people who have faith in people not to steal shold be punished?

*captain_cox*37
04-13-2003, 07:21 AM
No ,but if you are just dumb enough to leave your gun around without someone keeping an eye on it, then you don't deserve to own it.

fire1811
04-13-2003, 07:26 AM
stealing is wrong even if it is from some young kid who had mommy buy him a 1500$ marker.

the way i figure it, if you steal my pbgun then you might as well take my real guns too, I will be sure to send them to ya bullets first!

Tunaman
04-13-2003, 07:40 AM
What ever happened to "Never touch what doesn't belong to you without asking first!?" That is the American Way. Anyone who touches another persons stuff should expect to have their eyes blackened, and spend the next 3 years in jail for theft. The only thing worse than a Thief is a Liar. Have dignity and respect for yourself and others by knowing you are neither one of these.;)

*captain_cox*37
04-13-2003, 07:44 AM
Yeha at my local field here everyone leaves there stuff and goes to watch a game and you never have heard of something getting stolen. I do have faith in some people here. I wont steal there stuff and they wont steal mine no matter the price difference.

johnny dee
04-13-2003, 08:35 AM
kepp a close eye on your gun, and let someone u trust watch ur gun if yo have to go the the car or to the bathroom. or tell a ref to watchur gu, cause ive never hear of a ref stealing a gun.

jayel579
04-13-2003, 08:53 AM
yeah tuna, thats what i was tought 'if it aint your, dont touch it'. my brother had his bran new 12v revy stolen off his gun. the thing wasnt more then 5 feet from him all day. then at another tournament some little kid stole his barrel condom, cause they liked the girl on it. i think sometimes it is that kid that mommy bought the $1500 gun that is doing the stealing.
but still i like to have some faith that if i take my eye off my gun for 5 miinutes to take a leak that it will be OK. cant be paranoid all day, im there to play paintball.

cphilip
04-13-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by *captain_cox*37
No ,but if you are just dumb enough to leave your gun around without someone keeping an eye on it, then you don't deserve to own it.

Ummm...that is so wrong a logic at so many levels its just not even worth it for me to comment...

SlipknotX556
04-13-2003, 09:54 AM
At a tourney or just a weekend game, I always lock my stuff up in my car. Ever since I had redzy stolen, I dont trust anyone.

*captain_cox*37
04-13-2003, 10:57 AM
I don't really think that anybody deserves to have their marker stolen unless they just use it to cause trouble ,but I know there are people out there that would give anything to have one of the really nice markers that some people just leave laying around. What makes me mad is that the people that can't afford the markers would probably take a lot more care of it and appreciate it a lot more. That is all I mean.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
04-13-2003, 11:05 AM
I'll be wearing my Xmag on a necklace!

*captain_cox*37
04-13-2003, 11:10 AM
Yeah I would have my xmag glued to my hand!

magking1971
04-13-2003, 11:24 AM
Yikes, I always hear about stuff getting stolen at fields and it just makes me glad of the people that play around here.
Nobody has ever had anything stolen at our field in the 3+ years that we have been open and I never worry about my stuff just sitting around out in the open.
Makes me think there are still good people in this world:D

NJPaint
04-13-2003, 01:10 PM
heh, my gun never leaves my side :p

Ov3rmind
04-13-2003, 02:20 PM
I'm lucky, so far the only thing I've had stolen from me is a squeegee.

*captain_cox*37
04-13-2003, 02:33 PM
That is sad! Who would steal a squeeguee! I have lost like 2 on the field but never had one stolen!

E==Mag MAN
04-13-2003, 08:13 PM
I am paranoid about everything at the paintball field. I pay for alot of my paintball gear and paint, I get help from my parents but I do my best to pay for most of it "Paintball is freaken expensive at 16 years old". I have had cases of paint stolen and It just ruins your day. I have friends have tanks and guns stolen. One day I set a bag down on a barrel and talked to teamate I go back to get my bag of paint and some <B>*POOF*</B> is filling his pods. I was like can I get some of that paint too. Its my paint!!!! I was very close to just popping and beating the crap out of him, but I kept my cool. It does amaze me what people leave laying around, I on the other hand will not leave anything in eye sight and when I dont have a car I have a trunk I lock everything up in when Its not on me.

<B>*Warning: No Cussing*</B> -Miscue

rtslave
04-13-2003, 08:22 PM

I know one thing, if you think because I dont have a safe to carry into a tourney I deserve to have my marker stolen; then why dont you come by my house, and I'll leave my Rt on the porch. Better have your mom buy a casket. What an Idiot!!!

Mossman
04-13-2003, 08:57 PM
Some guys staging near us at cape cod paintball today had 2 complete high end guns stolen from their jeep, something like 4 grand total. Thiefs should be chained up to trees in the center of town so kids can spit and throw fruit at them...every single day...of the rest of their lives.

Bastards.

fire1811
04-13-2003, 09:07 PM
originally posted by mossman
Thiefs should be chained up to trees in the center of town so kids can spit and throw fruit at them...every single day...of the rest of their lives.

not to be picky mossman but i think you spelled
fruit wrong. I think its spelled Rock :D

-=Squid=-
04-13-2003, 09:39 PM
At my field during a game of recball, I had my STO with all shocktech stuff on it (about $1400 total) then I had an outlaw (3 year old spyder clone) sitting next to it. Somebody stole the outlaw :D What a moron! I got the outlaw back BTW.. :p

RetroEclipseMan
04-14-2003, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by johnny dee
kepp a close eye on your gun, and let someone u trust watch ur gun if yo have to go the the car or to the bathroom. or tell a ref to watchur gu, cause ive never hear of a ref stealing a gun.

Wasn't there a ref that was caught stealing an angel or something at last years World Cup?

*captain_cox*37
04-14-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by rtslave

I know one thing, if you think because I dont have a safe to carry into a tourney I deserve to have my marker stolen; then why dont you come by my house, and I'll leave my Rt on the porch. Better have your mom buy a casket. What an Idiot!!!

Yep yep, I meant you should bring a safe to the field and everytime you get done with it lock it up! That is the most exaggeration I have ever heard! I just said Maybe you should keep an eye on something you spent so much money on or your parents spent so much money on! Idiot!