PDA

View Full Version : Broken Powerfeed!

nospmas311
04-13-2003, 02:34 PM
Hey. I was playing today and my powerfeed snapped off after getting hit by a paintball. What do I do?

*captain_cox*37
04-13-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by nospmas311
Hey. I was playing today and my powerfeed snapped off after getting hit by a paintball. What do I do?

Well you better get it fixed!:D

I have to think you would have to get a entirely new body!

HoppysMag
04-13-2003, 02:41 PM

call AGD

nospmas311
04-13-2003, 02:48 PM
*captain_cox*37

You are wrong. There is no way i'm paying for a new body when this one was perfectly fine. Probably just get a free repair or maybe a new body free of charge :)

*captain_cox*37
04-13-2003, 02:51 PM
Yeah you should get a new body free of charge! How did a paintball hit it and make it fall off! I bet you were like" Holy Shiite"! That would have made me kinda mad! Yeah you really need to call AGD and complain! Good Luck!

nospmas311
04-13-2003, 02:53 PM
I guess it has happened to some other people on the forums where their powerfeeds just snapped off. I only realized it becuase my gun go so much lighter without my revy on it. Anyway, I got lit up so maybe they will give me a free warpfeed along with a re-welded or new body! :D

Fatjon
04-13-2003, 02:54 PM
Call agd and have them put it back on for you. You cannot take it to a welder because it is just not normal welding. I think it is called silver welding or something like that.

*captain_cox*37
04-13-2003, 02:56 PM
I would definetly make sure I didn't end up paying for it! I hope that does not happen to me in a game! Was the person that shot u shooting a little high?

nospmas311
04-13-2003, 04:36 PM
I would definetly make sure I didn't end up paying for it! I hope that does not happen to me in a game! Was the person that shot u shooting a little high?

Do you mean high as in physically higher than me or high as in mentally just took drugs? Anyway, the paintball hit my hopper, but i guess it was enough force to knock my powerfeed from the body. I will call AGD and I should be fine for a free repair. Like I said before, i'm sure it has happened to someone else

HoppysMag
04-13-2003, 04:49 PM

Do you mean high as in physically higher than me or high as in mentally just took drugs? Anyway, the paintball hit my hopper, but i guess it was enough force to knock my powerfeed from the body. I will call AGD and I should be fine for a free repair. Like I said before, i'm sure it has happened to someone else

i think he means shooting hot.

Pile & A Half
04-13-2003, 05:27 PM
This happened to me awhile back. Excepted some one didn't shoot my feed tube. I dropped my gun lightely in the grass and it came off. But to make a long story short, call AGD and more than likely they will see if they can fix it. It costs like 10 bucks or something...I don't know. But if they can't fix it you will have to buy a new one. It kind of depends on the body style....The older bodies or something like that where welded wrong and it doesn't hold aswell as the new ones. You'll just have to find out and see what they say. I wouldn't plan to high on getting a free Warp or anything like that. These things just happen.

EsPo
04-13-2003, 05:30 PM
ive heard of them giving you a new free body. its called silver soldering.. not silver welding :D

MarkM
04-13-2003, 06:31 PM
I got a new Minimag body when I took it up to get serviced at Skyball 2 (feed was totally gone)...things may have changed now though.

nospmas311
04-13-2003, 06:38 PM
yea, thats awesome. I'll be happy if they resolder it or whatever they do. I just want my mag back in action ASAP.

Mossman
04-14-2003, 12:39 AM
AGD will fix it for free or for a small charge.

But no one's gonna buy the paintball knocked it off story, I'd just let that one die right now, that's nonsense :)

AutomagRT1483
04-14-2003, 12:53 AM
AGD will give you another body for free, just as long as you registered it and you haven't used all your stars on your warrenty. You can not weld it because you will warp the body. I had this happen to me back in February, so I know this one.;)

nospmas311
04-14-2003, 01:24 PM
The paintball hit the tip of my hopper and the kid was like maybe 5 yards away. I didn't see him because he was camoflauged. I got in a fight with someone else and then this kid put out a string and 1 or maybe 2 hit the top middle of my hopper. He hit it the opposite side of the welding. I have p/f left and he hit me from my left. The thing honestly just fell off. It was like it wasn't even welded/sauldered(sp?) on. I got made fun of for having a cheap gun and the rest of them had spyder/clones and a cocker. Hoppy knowes a few of them from the field we go to, and they are jerks. That is why I distinctly remember it. It was horrible.

*captain_cox*37
04-14-2003, 01:29 PM
How can someone with a Spyder/Clone say something about a cheap gun. That sux the biggins that they got to take easy shots at a mag.

HoppysMag
04-14-2003, 03:24 PM
The paintball hit the tip of my hopper and the kid was like maybe 5 yards away. I didn't see him because he was camoflauged. I got in a fight with someone else and then this kid put out a string and 1 or maybe 2 hit the top middle of my hopper. He hit it the opposite side of the welding. I have p/f left and he hit me from my left. The thing honestly just fell off. It was like it wasn't even welded/sauldered(sp?) on. I got made fun of for having a cheap gun and the rest of them had spyder/clones and a cocker. Hoppy knowes a few of them from the field we go to, and they are jerks. That is why I distinctly remember it. It was horrible.

lol who, little boy blue, Mr Chang or team "my mommy bought my gun"

nospmas311
04-14-2003, 03:59 PM
the kid that has a spyder that never works, hated Steel paintballs, and wiped to hell. I got him back though. I used the tippmann and got him once which he wiped. Seeing this, I pulled the trigger a little too much (about 10 more times) inflicting major bruizing and welts to his back and buttocks. Anyway, I called AGD and am sending them my body. Hopefully hey put it out of commission and send me a new body. Anyway, thanks for the help everyone.

irbodden
04-14-2003, 04:48 PM
No way paintballs broke off your powerfeed tube...

Your hopper or elbow would give waayyyy before the power tube would.

nospmas311
04-14-2003, 08:23 PM
Something was wrong with it than. I polished the body myself during the summer, but I never had that problem. The elbow got cracked on the inside angle, but never broke off. I have the new poly-carbonate shells for the revy (i don't know if thats the material, but the newer stronger plastic material) and my elbow was a cheap 32 degrees elbow. Anyhow, the two kid who shot me and the other kid I was shooting at saw it and started saying how cheap mags were and how great spyders were... Whatever, they are idiots. All I know is, something must have gone wrong for it to break that easy. BTW, when I polished, all I did was take 320 grit wet/dry sandpaper up to 2000 grit and mothers magged polished it. I'm sure that didn't weaken the bond between the powerfeed and mainbody though, so I don't know. I guess a few other people laid it in the grass or something, real gentle, and it snapped off.

puckmaster
04-14-2003, 09:47 PM
Mine broke off on my e-mag a while ago. AGD replaced it for free, as well as all the screws, gave me a new bolt, new bolt spring, all new o-rings, etc.

nospmas311
04-15-2003, 06:13 AM
was your body old? I bought my gun used and it is kinda old, but I wouldn't think this could happen. Did the solder deteriorate or something? If it's silver, it should not so quickly.