PDA

View Full Version : Getting an Automag Classic, and have a few questions.

cthompson
04-13-2003, 03:08 PM
I just decided to get a Automag classic powerfeed and I have a few questions about automags.

1: Do automags need regulators?I have heard that they dont but I want to make sure.

2:What are some upgrades that I need to get.I know I need a barrel,hopper,air system, but what are some special upgrades.

3:Are automags good for all types of paintball(woodsball,speedball,ect.)and all postions(back,front,mid,tapeline.)

Im new to automags so any help would be appriciated.

Mallagant
04-13-2003, 03:35 PM
1. not in my opinion...only time you would need anything close is if you're using CO2, and then i would just use a remote line or anti-siphon...automags have internal regulators so that would be redundant.

2. get some type of barrel kit (freak, cp, pipe, or scepter, i would get an intelliframe and interface it to a revolution hopper, for air any nitrogen system will make a world of difference...if you're gun doesn't have a level 10 bolt...they're awesome...ive never busted a ball with mine unless it was half cracked (snicker). if you really shoot some balls maybe an xvalve but ive never tried one (they come with a level 10 bolt).

so to recap, other than barrels etc that you've mentioned we have: intelliframe, xvalve, and a level ten bolt.

3. i use my mag for rec ball in the woods and on other types of fields and it works well...speedball is like a mag's forte ;)..so yeah..anything you want it to be it can be. (thinks of be all you can be theme)

Mallagant
04-13-2003, 03:35 PM
btw, don't take my word as golden, im new to mags and the forums and many of the people here are almost like some sort of mag gods.

Russ
04-13-2003, 05:47 PM
Welcome to AO, cthompson. I can tell you're a smart guy, because you've chosen to get an AutoMag :)

1. You don't need another regulator. If you choose to run Co2 through your gun, use an anti-siphon tank, or a remote. I would suggest HPA (high-pressure air, aka nitro)

2. You need to get no other upgrades. The gun will work fine right from the get-go. Here are some things you'll need...

Hopper, a 12 volt Revolution w/the X-Board will take you far. An elbow is also nessessary, about $60

HPA tank, a good screw-in, 68/4500 tank goes for just about $200 (Air America "The Reg") Some sort of ASA adapter to attavh the tank & gun, about $50 for a nice Custom Products CP (http://www.customproducts-az.com/) on/off set-up.

Barrels, did I mention CP? :)

3. Yes, the Mag will be great for all types of PB, and can be upgraded to a high speed, low drag race machine, when your skills and wallet are ready :cool:

cthompson
04-13-2003, 08:26 PM
Thanks a lot,I think Im going to order my automag within the next 2 weeks.I cant wait :D :D :D

Thanks again

frost
04-13-2003, 10:25 PM
ok dude u want a mag this is what u get it 280 it a mag the "tko" from paintballgear.com go there go to mags and u will see them its a kicka$$ gun i have one there great and alot cheaper than buying just the body go look i love mine

Vex
04-15-2003, 03:24 PM
If you choose to use CO2, you can get a Palmer stabilizer as a second regulator--but that's the most you'll need--if you don't want to run a remote. But, just spend the exta dough if you've got it and go HPA.

:D