PDA

View Full Version : what is the best hopper out there?

crazy coconut
06-03-2001, 07:30 AM
i have 4 revolution hoppers . if u ask me ,revolution hopper could uses some improvements.it seems i am the only one that hates all the qurks.
1-if the sensors get dirty it wont spin.
2-it spins when i am in pron position and i lay the gun over to hide hopper ,the balls roll out of feed tube which makes hopper spin.
3-bright sun light make my clear hopper spin,one person recomended putting black tape,might work but looks ghetto.
4-empty hopper makes hopper spin.

Steven
06-03-2001, 07:49 AM
Either the Halo or eVolution I think are the 2 top feeders. not sure if either has the issues you mention though...

------------------
68 AutoMag SN - CF00810

MagDog68
06-03-2001, 09:10 AM
The eVolution is horrible. It is ***bersome and looks REALLY ugly. The hard plastic breask easily and the door never stays shut. The Revolution is probably the best you will do, till you buy a Warped Feed.

------------------
MagdoG
Polished ReTro Mag
Polished Body Rail
Dye Double Trigger 45 Frame w/Pearl Grips
VL Silver Foregrip
68ci Air America Apocalypse
12v Revolution
12" Aluminum Lapco Auto Spirit
14" J&J Ceramic
2X Stock 11"
-------------------------
Stock Automag 68
Stock 99 Rainmaker
I'd rather throw paint, than not shoot my MAG!

[This message has been edited by MagDog68 (edited 06-03-2001).]

unseenunheard
06-03-2001, 09:22 AM
what is this Halo hopper that i keep reading about? and who makes it? how much does it cost?

------------------
-Paul

Chris
06-03-2001, 09:37 AM
Ive tried both the egg and many many many revs. I now own a ricochet 2k, it is the best loader by far.

The Ricochet 2k has a different way of detecting balls, there is a small flap of plastic, whenever a ball is fed, the loader will spin. This is the exact thing as an intellifeed. It runs off of one 9v battery and gets more shots with that one 9v than either my 9v or 12v revs. You get a nifty ball counter, and game timer as well. Oh yeah, the ricochet also has adjustable sensitivity, which is awesome since the stock setting may not always spin with each ball at fast fire rates, just increase the sensitivity two times and it works perfectly for me. The looks arent bad, but it does the job, and that is the only thing that matters. One other nice thing, it has the fat neck, so it fits snugly in my vert feed guns, just like the way old revs.

-Chris

moolman
06-03-2001, 10:14 AM
I don't think the Halo is out yet and is only a prototype so Steven is probably recommending it from reviews he's seen not from experience.

The evolution like magdog said has had many complaints, don't get it is the general consensus from owners of it. The ricochet 2K is expensive, cheapest I've seen is around $80. For the money, the revolution is hard to beat.

Alex

[This message has been edited by moolman (edited 06-03-2001).]

BobDigi
06-03-2001, 12:58 PM
I've heard the tape argument, and the inherint (sp?) 'It looks like <B>*POOF*</B>'. Though, if it's any help, there is an alternative, in a sense.

If, for example, you have a blue hopper, you can get blue tape. Usually, you can find it at Staples, Business Depot...that kind of thing. Some sports stores carry it too, for hockey equip and the like. If you use the blue tape on the blue hopper, it actually looks pretty cool.

That's my suggestion... Just don't use masking tape and a blue marker. Now THAT looks like <B>*POOF*</B>.

-Digi

------------------
"When I die, I want to come back as a leotard...all stretchy...THWANG!!"

<B>*Warning: No Cussing*</B> -Miscue

Chris
06-03-2001, 02:18 PM
Think about it a little more, the ricochet comes with stuff you may buy for your rev. You add a game on timer which is another $20, on top of the $60 for the 12v rev, and its the same price as the ricochet 2k, doesnt have the ball counter (maybe useless...maybe not) not as reliable and not as fast. Your call.

-Chris

crazy coconut
06-03-2001, 06:14 PM
your entiled to your opion mr bxmag
but i disagree with it.
first of all matinace is not the problem the sensor can get paint on it if you chop a ball.
second i am just a rec player,i am not rich so i cant one case one kill,
i dont carry any extra paint on my back,one hopper usually last me two - four games.

its not a lame exchuse to want to be stealth,i play indoor a lot,you can hear a pin drop,i dont want opponents to hear my hopper spining when not nessesary.
and i dont know what bxmag is talking about when he said i could be something wrong with my equiptment because it all works fine.
i just think the revolution could use some improvements,i dont know maybe i am the only one that thinks this.but i am gonna build a better mouse trap!

Steven
06-03-2001, 11:29 PM
Here is a review and there is a site taking orders for them jsut forgot who it was...

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/loaders/halo/index.shtml

------------------
68 AutoMag SN - CF00810

BXmag
06-03-2001, 11:59 PM
Strickly my opinion,

Revolutions
Although the REV pisses some people off, I've been loyal to mine.(knock on wood) Have not had any problems as listed.

1_As far as the dirty no spin problem---> Maintenance, properly maintained equiptment is less likely to have this problem.
2_You start getting low on paint and your planning to advance use the tube on your back before you advance, now with a full hopper you can just about turn it over without a spin.
3_The tape or painting the tube would resolve that problem, but thats always the answer, " It looks like <B>*POOF*</B>." Is that what we're discussing here looks or how it works.
4_That is the purpose of the design so that all the paint in the hooper makes its way down the tube into the breach and you can continue play.

As stated at the inception the above are strickly MY opinions regarding the lame complaints listed. Looks and poor maintenance practices are not valid reasons to degrade the product. The rev is proforming as designed, maybe another peice of your equiptment is the problem.

------------------
RT PRO weapon of choice
Spyder TL+ backup

used to be 921logan
namechange!

<B>*Warning: No Cussing*</B> -Miscue

slayer
06-04-2001, 10:41 AM
I like the pre BE VL 200 it great worked after I dropped it into the water. http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Ich habe mich vergessen.

Me
06-04-2001, 03:48 PM
to many people ***** about their rev's. think about playing with out one.

BXmag
06-04-2001, 05:32 PM
I also am a rec.player.
I also play indoors, and have seen many other people playing indoors besides myself carring tubes. I know for sure that I aint leaving the feild because my hopper is empty.
Now for your dirty eye again, if you break a ball in your breach I find it highly unlikely that the eye in your hopper could get dirty. If your breaking balls in your hopper, stop using garbage paint or load your hopper properly which means NOT stuffing in as much as you can and slamming the top closed causing balls to break in your hopper. Here it is a simple & easy fix to your stealth problem and at a small expense A neoprene hopper cover.As for the defective piece of equiptment, It has nothing to do with paintballing.

izombiei
06-05-2001, 06:52 AM
I used a Ricochet this weekend, a few things that I found:
I belive the Ricochet feeds great, however I think it spins WAY too long.
The servo in there is too loud....I couldn't hear anything other than the Ricochet spinning up a storm.
The paddle was a bit cheezy IMO.

If you could adjust the spin time in 1/2 it would be great.
I think if the spin time was cut in half, it would result in less noise, probally to an acceptable level.
The paddle..hmm. It could have been done because of some patent issues, not sure.

I'm personally sticking with my Revolution for now, (waiting for a warpfeed)....I think those two will make a good combo until something new comes out to try and proves it's self.

------------------
I think a mistake a lot of us make is thinking that the state appointed shrink is our friend.

Drizit
06-05-2001, 10:04 PM
just a thought but if a hopper (200 rounds) lasts you 2 - 4 games you gota think, do you realy need a rev? or anything more then a VL 200? now i use alot of paint (1400 balls in 4 hours at the field) and yes i do need the T-Shirt but i havn't gotten around to getting anything better then the VL200 i picked up at canadian tire for $10 the mag clasic (atleast the one i use) has enough kick to feed the balls most of the time, except perhaps when i chop one in the breach, in witch case it's time to shake and brake, but if your shooting slower spend the money on paint insted (and for god sakes man, carry a pod or two http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif ).

------------------
There must have been a time when we could have said no.

crazy coconut
06-05-2001, 11:28 PM
i use to carry 4 pods on my back when i first started playing,but now i use less paint 2oo rounds last 2-4 games,so most of the time my hopper is half empty.my main gun is a shocker turbo so the vl200 wont work.today i modified my revolution ,just need to feild test some more but so far its working great .now i am headed to the patend office...heheeheh

Walkr
06-06-2001, 10:16 PM
I think thwe HALO will be the new hopper to have as soon as it comes out. I also thin right now a rev is the best the evulution is ugly and ive only heard bad things aobut it. stick with a rev. Get the "pre" brass eagle rev cause they have better chips in them.

MagDog68
06-07-2001, 07:51 AM
The Revvy has really grown on me as far as looks go. The eVolution & HALO are horrid as far as asthetics are concerned. Of course looks don't really count when your @$$ is getting shot at.

However, I have never been able to outshoot my revvy as long as I have fresh batteries in it. I pick up a new set from the $0.99 Store every month or so. I don't even really see the point of the Warped Feed to be honest, unless you have an E-gun and are shooting Full-Auto.

Why is everyone so concerned with shooting so dang fast anyway? Do you all play speedball? I play centerflag on wooded fields mostly and I would rather attempt to flank someone and come from the side or behind, negating the need to shoot so fast and furious. I could probably play just as well with a Stingray (but who would want to do that????)

~Fred

izombiei
06-07-2001, 11:57 PM
The warpfeed get's your hopper of the top of your gun = lower profile.

------------------
I think a mistake a lot of us make is thinking that the state appointed shrink is our friend.

automag man
06-08-2001, 10:59 AM
Let get some things straight...
1. The egg doesn't suck, who wants to sacrafice performance because it looks bad, and i dont know how someone got the plastic to break thats weird.
2. The ricochete is ugly and huge and performes no better than a 12 volt rev sure it has the "pretty" little screen.
and 3. If you took care of your rev it wouldn't do any of that weird **** that you mentioned.

FeelTheRT
06-08-2001, 06:56 PM
eggo!!!

sbikeclix
06-08-2001, 08:27 PM
actuall walkr, sounds like the guy has pre-BE. the new chips were designed to keep the hopper from spinning in bright sunlight. if he doesnt want that to be an issue, he can get a newer one

gt90
06-08-2001, 10:15 PM
my brass eagle revy works just as good if not better than my pre-brass eagle

so brass eagle 4 life

Drizit
06-08-2001, 11:46 PM
BE 4 life??? your a sick, sick one gt90.
ok their masks are good and i use one, but why would you want a delay before your rev starts spinning once it doesn't see a ball? and if anyone want's to complain about the sun hitting the eye, TAPE IT, OR GET IT IN BLACK.

------------------

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

crazy coconut
06-09-2001, 09:55 AM
yup its a pre-be brass eagal,all 4 off them are pre-be.one is black and three are clear.thanks for the info on the new chips not haveing the sunlite triping problem,thats good to know.
i like the pre-be because they seem to be more durable.i see lots of new ones get broke from direct paintball hit at 220 fps!the plastic seems to be alot thiner.i used mine for 3 years now ,i like the clear hoppers so i can keep track of my paint because i never carry extra paint .i like the shape of the revalutions i think all the rest are ugly!IMO
it seem like i am the only one that plays with less than full hopper,i snipper in da bush ,i lay my gun down a lot , balls roll out of da feed ,gGGGRRRRR hopper is spinning ! some times it wont spin at all,you have to shake it to make it go, i hear this complaint a lot .
i disabled my red led light,i play indoor,da led is real bright.
oh well it not a problem any more becaus i took out the rev. board and put a coco board in....now it has intell feed ,sensetivity potentiometer and adjustable spin cycle! can da richocet or the halo do that?and no i did not put any tape on my revy.now i can turn the gun completely upside down with out spin.
peace coco

GeoBear
06-09-2001, 11:11 PM
I was at Spyder Cup and saw quite a few of those new Riccochet hoppers. While doing announcing at the Ultimate Air Fields I asked a few players what they thought of them. I don't think I recieved a bad review from anyone, to be quite honest. One guy from a team (wish I could remember their name, they were wearing red white and blue JT jersies) offered to let me check it out for myself. While it WAS on a Spyder and not on my mag of choice, I was still impressed. The ball counter and game timer are added bonuses, and i especially like the way they're built in the hopper and right in your line of sight...no more reaching behind your head to start the timer or anything like that. While it did at first glance look kind of strange (kinda like having a model of a stealth bomber on top of your 'gun), it didn't take long to get used to it. I'm not sure if it'll replace the hopper I have, but I'm definately considering it!

gt90
06-09-2001, 11:51 PM
i really don't love BE its just some many people hate them because then make cheaper products

i use my BE revy owith my warp and never had a problem with feeding

2 bad there wasn't a hopper made buy AGD i sure would buy it

tbat11c
06-29-2001, 11:22 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by crazy coconut:
i have 4 revolution hoppers . if u ask me ,revolution hopper could uses some improvements.it seems i am the only one that hates all the qurks.
2-it spins when i am in pron position and i lay the gun over to hide hopper ,the balls roll out of feed tube which makes hopper spin.
3-bright sun light make my clear hopper spin,one person recomended putting black tape,might work but looks ghetto.
4-empty hopper makes hopper spin.</font>

SPRAY PAINT?

angelbeast24
10-25-2003, 12:22 PM
whats with all u ppl dissing the egg i own a egg2 and a halo on my angel i planned on using my egg for back up and hte halo for my regular setup i played one game with the halo and realized is a pice of s*it i plaeyed the rest of the day with my egg and loved it for a good amount of reason i love the door its soo easy to pod i take bounce's off this hopper do to the egg shape u dont have to sand the feedneck down and pray u didnt mess it up as you would have to do with the halo and the halos pressure puts balls past my detent and i broke paint with my ACE with my halo concluiosn is buy an egg ull b satsisfied

Toranaga
10-25-2003, 02:17 PM
uhh,This topic is 2 years old.

Jdogg
11-14-2003, 09:44 AM
I feel personally that rev is the way to go. I have heard that HALO is pretty darn good but i am very happy with my rev. all you need is upgrades. X-board 1000000% and a vortech IMPELLAR http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/1182/

I want to say the halo is damn fast but if you ask me the size differences is big. all you need is the xboard, vortech impellar and the warp feed.

Jacob

Adrenaline_Junkie
12-13-2003, 09:39 PM
Hands Down, Halo B with Z Board and Rip Drive, or Evolution 2 with Y Board.

MrWallen
12-14-2003, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Toranaga
uhh,This topic is 2 years old.

Yes, yes it is. Go angelbeast24! (and Miscue, for not editing it until last month, but I don't think editing bumps posts, does it?)

That being said: Halo+Warp Feed= fastest out there right now, except maybe q loader, which is kinda ugly and is very inconvienient to reload (or so I read).

Evil1
12-18-2003, 03:34 AM
What is the Y board?

melster
12-18-2003, 12:06 PM
I remember owning an original eVolution loader. Man, that was craptastic. It would jam all the time, and the only way to unjam it was to stick my finger in there past all the balls to clear it.

I had the clear one, and the plastic on that thing was sooo brittle. On of the nubs on the battery cover broke off in no time. Can't wait to try out this new Halo I've got...

Hasty8
12-18-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by crazy coconut
4-empty hopper makes hopper spin.

the best hopper is the one that you like best and works best or you.

CaliMagFan
12-18-2003, 02:57 PM
best hopper?... thats subjective... but:

-its not like the comics in real life- angel's and halos dont go together well at all... you can see by the post b4 mine that this angelbeast guy didnt realize that his angel detents were too soft and the forcefeed halo pushed more balls in... and FYI... your angel doesnt have ACE.... it has COPS or SENSI, which are the worst 2 anti-chop systems our right now...IMO..
-if you have a spyder or a spyder clone- you probably dont need more than a 12v revvy... even with the electric handle... spyders dont shoot that fast, and the recoil aides them in feeding..
-the halo B is like $100- sure, if you have a Lx emag or an x-mag with the latest board and are bps testing at full auto, you might need to feed at 20bps... but most of the time you'll not even outshoot a revvy if you're just bursting out some strings in speedball or rec for that matter.
-warp feed it- the missconception that warp feeding is to make the marker a lot faster is just that.... most the warp was designed to lower that blimp from up in space... it just happens to feed a bit faster than a revvy... use one and you'll improve your game, not just your speed.

thats enuff outta me i think.
-kyro

JKR
12-19-2003, 11:18 PM
Best loader...no doubt about it, the VL-90!

Smiles2480
12-20-2003, 01:43 AM
One of my favorite one is the 12v Rev from view loader made from before Brass Eagle bought them out. That is way before color hoppers, x-boards, and the cheap plastic lids that break it they get hit by a ball. They are the most reliable rev's that I have encountered. Not just me, some guys that play on a team that practice with do too.

Evil1
12-20-2003, 02:29 AM
I liked the Xboard revy on my RTP, but when I got my EMag the revy was just a good way to see how your LX was working.