PDA

View Full Version : I Have A Problem Plz Help

brady
04-13-2003, 03:33 PM
I JUST BOUGHT MY GUN USED AND I USED IT FOR THE FIRST TIME TODAY AND I WENT THROUGH ONE 9 OZ AND ONE 7 OZ CO2 TANKS IN ABOUT 10 MINUTES
I USED UP ABOUT 100 BALLS AND THE CO2 WAS EMPTY
I NEED TO KNOW WHATS THE MATTER AND HOW TO FIX IT

ALSO I LIVE IN SOUTH WESTERN ONTARIO (SARNIA LONDON AREA) AND I WAS WONDERING IF U HAD A FACTORY NEAR ME IN WHICH I COULD TAKE IT TO TO GET IT FIXED SO I DONT HAVE TO SEND IT AWAY

Mallagant
04-13-2003, 03:38 PM
i associate canada with cold and so i have to ask...what was the temp like outside? if it was cold then the CO2 wouldn't turn into a gas and wouldn't fire i think...otherwise maybe make sure your gun doesn't have a leak in the valve and if it does check either the vid or manual to figure out how to fix it.

cthompson
04-13-2003, 03:40 PM
I new to mags but from what I have heard the are real gas hogs plus they dont like CO2 very much(get N2).

Mallagant
04-13-2003, 03:44 PM
i beg to differ on the gas hogs comment, ive shot around 800 rounds off 12 oz of CO2 on many occasions and go home and dry fire many times...i guess its just a gun to gun case.

they hate co2 though ;)

kabal
04-13-2003, 05:03 PM
WHY DON'T YOU TURN OFF CAPS AND WRITE USING COMPLETE SENTENCES?

tmnothing
04-13-2003, 05:06 PM
brady make sure that the tanks are being filled properly. if you dont have any leaks and they are filled properly you shouldnt run out so fast. sounds to me like the tanks werent full...

athomas
04-14-2003, 11:51 AM
Unless you were experiencing leaks, I'd have to go with the empty tank theme myself.

brady
04-18-2003, 10:26 AM
Mallagant: thanx for the information but it was fairly warm out that day. it was one of the first warm days of the summer

cthompson:i have got a few tips from freinds saying that it might be needed to use N2 thru it but the guy i bought the gun off of sayed he used co2 just fine in it.

tmnothing: they very well might not have been full because i didnt get them filled by someone with a licence my freind did so mabe ill try to get the filled by a pro.

thanx for all the help
ill try those
if not i need to buy N2

could it be that the seals are blown in it??

Russ
04-18-2003, 11:36 AM
First off, I get a kick out of how everyone ASSUMES you have a 'Mag ;)

Second, welcome to AO! :D

OK, the gun. If you didn't hear Co2 hissing out all over the place, and the gun & valve didn't freeze up, then it MUST be that the tanks weren't filled properly. If it leaked out the gun, all would be frozen, big time!

Get 'em filled properly, and report back! :)

@ cthompson,

You don't own a 'Mag yet, and have no experience with 'em, so you shouldn't be dishing out "advice" (heresay?)

litestab
04-18-2003, 12:38 PM
how high was your velocity turned up

brady
04-18-2003, 09:36 PM
Russ:
im not sure what type of automag i have i bought it used andi dont have a manual or anything for it so they can stop assuming i have a mag.
alright ill get it filled up by someone with a licence and see if it works and i will let u know because i didnt hear any hissing of a leak and nothing got cold.

lifestab:
im not sure about my velocity either i dont know how to set it i just no how to adjust it.

litestab
04-18-2003, 09:53 PM
your mag ( i take it you have a mag ) has a screw thing on the back a quarter turn to the left should lower the velocity, also does your barrel have alot of ports ( holes ) ?

brady
04-19-2003, 11:57 AM
lifestab:
the screw thing at the back (velocity adjuster)
is a little farther than half past the bottom. but im not sure if thats really a little bit strong on the velocity or really backed off.
yes my barrel is a Dye ported fluted barrel.

litestab
04-19-2003, 10:27 PM
i'd take it to a field or something to get it chronoed. mine eats gas as well.

brady
04-27-2003, 06:50 PM
i got my tanks filled by a guy
with a licence and it works fine now
thanx for all the help

would it be alrite to run co2 and nitro
back and forth thru the gun or would
that hurt it??