PDA

View Full Version : my minimag's first game today

tmnothing
04-13-2003, 04:35 PM
Today I played with my brand new minimag. Overall I would say that I am very happy with it's performance. I had one of my best days today. I never imagined that thing would out-perform my old model 98 like it did. (Also didnt break one ball out of 1000 with the LX.)

Anyway there was one small problem, and if I could borrow some of you guys' knowledge it would be much appreciated. Ok here is my setup: Minimag with bottom line adapter and Anti-siphon tank (yes tube is installed straight up), Aci 6 Stage X-chamber, and LX Bolt. I have the 1.5 carrier, 2 shims installed, and either the stock spring or the shortest spring (i got them mixed up).

The problem is that sometimes the gun wouldnt cycle. I would pull the trigger and it would shoot, then it would leak down the barrel until I hit the trigger again. If I just shot once and held the trigger it wouldnt leak and I wasnt having the problem all day. It would, however, do it every time I would really go crazy on the trigger.

I'm thinking this is a co2 problem (it was about 60 degrees outside) but I just want to make sure. Obviously this is enough of a problem that it needs fixed but I very new to mags so I dont know if I need to tune my LX more or if its the liquid co2. I figured with the x-chamber and the anti-siphon I wouldnt have problems with liquid.

Tunaman
04-13-2003, 05:10 PM
Make sure the carrier is not too tight. It could be boltstick. Oil it good too. They like that.;)

tmnothing
04-13-2003, 05:30 PM
Well the 2.0 carrier leaks pretty good down the barrel. If it's anything with the LX it would be the shims causing some type of problem with the venting/resetting. I was getting bolt stick with the medium spring and venting out the back too, that's why I'm using the shorter springs.

Just right now I cleaned my gun and I could dry fire as fast as my finger would go with no probs.

Also... just to be sure. Where are all the necessary places that I should be oiling? I've been oiling it before and after games but I just want to make sure I'm not leaving something out.

johnny dee
04-13-2003, 06:57 PM
there are 2 holes on the air valve that say oil, drop a few drops in each one and there you go, shootthe gun about 50 times without a barell and that should do it 4 ya. i also put a bit of oil in my asa and dry fire it.

joeyjoe367
04-13-2003, 06:58 PM
Drop 3-4 drops of Oil in the air inlet closest to the valve and then cycle the gun about 20-30 times. That'll get all the seals inside the gun oiled up.

Try "breaking" in that carrier o-ring. Get it to a point where it'll cycle, under 300fps or not, and just cycle the heck outta it.

I got my carrier o-ring broken in at the 1.5 spacer and haven't had to change it for a while now.

tmnothing
04-13-2003, 07:23 PM
Alright then I've been oiling it up right then. I'm pretty sure that my carrier/o-ring are broken in. I put 1000 rounds through today and over the few days it took to install I put about 500 though plus a ton of dry shooting.

athomas
04-14-2003, 11:49 AM
The carrier o-ring won't be fully broken in until about 10000 rounds.

If you want to cure your leaking problem, drop one carrier size. This will probably be the size required once the carrier o-ring is broken in anyway. Until it is properly broken in, make sure it is well lubricated.

When oiling your mag, don't use the "oil holes". They do nothing. Put about 3 or 4 oil drops in the closest available air intake to the valve as mentioned earlier.

tmnothing
04-14-2003, 03:05 PM
the gun will not fire with the 1.0 carrier. even with the velocity cranked up as high as it will possibly go.