PDA

View Full Version : Question: Magic Box

sk8bordr706
04-13-2003, 05:25 PM
i bought a mag off someone and it has this black "magic box" on it and im wondering what it does. should i take it off or leave it. if ne1 knows plz reply.

aut911
04-13-2003, 07:25 PM
first of all it was made by smartparts along time ago (circa 93). Another thing, what level mag valve do you have.

show me some pics becausei have never seen one before.

Also, the majic box doesnt really give you a benefit. It kinda makes your mag quieter but it also makes it consume more gas. you can take it off and run the mag normally as long as the preson gave you all of the parts that came with the valve when it was stock.

ok i think thats it.

aut

sk8bordr706
04-14-2003, 03:36 PM
sorry i cant show u pics now im short on time but what did mean by the level of the valve?

RobAGD
04-14-2003, 04:03 PM
All the Smart Mags are Level 7's

You in theroy can remove the box but the plug you end up putting in the side of the valve tends to have leaking issues.

There were no "extra" parts from the install. They drill and thread a hole in the side of teh air valve to the Air chamber and screw in a holor plug to increse the AC's volume there by droping the working pressure 25-50psi and raising the gas use 30% or more.

-Robert

aut911
04-15-2003, 09:22 AM
yeah, rob has alot more experience with things of aftermarket nature than i do partially because hes been around long and because all of these aftermarket things were around before i knew what paintball was.

But basically, to answer your question about levels of valves. its very simple. The first automag valve was level 1. then they made mprovements to level one and started manufacturing level 2 and so on. So the newest, or most improved I think would have to be level 7 for classic valves. Then you get into the retro valve and the x valve ( which just so happens to be the roman numeral 10. these valves are the best availiable for sale at this time to the public. so I guess that the retro is level 9 and the xvalve is level 10.

if your gun came with a manual, the front page of the manual says the level of the valve.

utter confusion and stupidity shall rain upon you in drovths, or how ever you spell that.

aut

JAM
04-15-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by aut911
But basically, to answer your question about levels of valves. its very simple. The first automag valve was level 1. then they made mprovements to level one and started manufacturing level 2 and so on. So the newest, or most improved I think would have to be level 7 for classic valves. Then you get into the retro valve and the x valve ( which just so happens to be the roman numeral 10. these valves are the best availiable for sale at this time to the public. so I guess that the retro is level 9 and the xvalve is level 10.

I am cringing in anticipation of Rob's reply to this... depends on his mood, but he just went through the level thing yesterday. ;)

aut911
05-05-2003, 05:33 PM
well first of all i must say that im probably totally wrong on the level thing, secondly im sure hes forgotten about he whole thing by now. I thought it was whenever there was an improvement or something like that.
Meh. One thing i have noticed is that the differences between valves may seem small at first but you have to do quite a bit more when you weld the power tube onto the airchamber instead of using a c ring. anywho i dont care as long as mine shoots.

aut

xen_100
05-05-2003, 05:47 PM
ya, they never did "manufacture" level 1-5. they were prototypes. the first retail level was 6. the retro and RT valve do not really have a level. they used level 7 bolts and of course the valve was alot different. as far as any of us know, level 8 and 9 were level 10 prototypes. who knows. but level 8 and 9 were never retailed.

trxtr
05-05-2003, 06:42 PM
thanx for clearing that up. it's good to know some one around here knows what's going on. it's a shame when people put in their 2 cents to feel smart but have no idea what they're talking about. misinformation is how lies become "fact" when knowone is around to set the story str8. i hear the most absurd crap at my local fields, and i'll spend all day educating people instead of playing if i have to. it just gets REAL old. especially the whole "closed bolts are more accurate" thing. i hate that.

thanx
trxtr

Rampage
05-05-2003, 06:53 PM
But closed bolts ARE more accurate :rolleyes:.

From what I remember reading about the whole lvl issue, xen is correct.

-Joe