PDA

View Full Version : need some nitro help/info

tmnothing
04-13-2003, 06:40 PM
ok I have a minimag and I'm looking into some nitro systems. the problem is that I cant get it filled anywhere around here. what I wanted to do is pick up a scuba tank and a fillstation so I can fill myself but I have a few questions. I've been looking at pure energy 68ci/3000psi and 68ci/4500psi preset tanks. I dont know anything about this stuff so first of all I would like to know exactly what the difference between the 3000psi tank and the 4500psi tank. Also, I'm I'm not mistaken, with a scuba tank you would only be able to fill a 3000psi tank twice? Can you fill tanks higher than 3000psi? Also, what do they use to fill hpa tanks at fields, NO place around here fills nitro so I was wondering if there might be other places that might fill the tank for me. THanks for the info.

-AK

askman
04-13-2003, 06:49 PM
scuba tanks are 3000 psi at 960 cubic inches. (typical) you can get full 3000 psi fill 2 times, with lower pressure as you use it. you get dozen fill down at 2400 psi. You can play all day for both you and a friend with scuba. as long as you are not shooting tons of paint at any one time, it should not be a problem. tanks are 150 new and about 100 used with good hydro. you also need fill station (about 40 bucks)

4500psi tanks allows 60% more shot when it is filled to 4500. Still, if you cannot fill to 4500, it is useless. you can find 3k tanks for cheaper, so if you are going to use it for scuba exclusively, it does not make sense, unless you also plan for tourneys where 4500 is available.

to fill to 4500, most field use either a bauer high pressure compressor or gang of high pressure nitrogen tank slaved together (these are steel tank filled to what I would guess is 8k or higher)

TransMan
04-13-2003, 07:03 PM
You should take a look at the Raptor Rex tanks they have at www.airamerica.com last i saw they were bout 190$ which is a steal better then the pure energy tanks IMO.