PDA

View Full Version : I need upgrade advice PLZ

PBMonster189
04-13-2003, 08:21 PM
Hey all. Im looking to upgrade my gun. My main problem was with the trigger pull/rate of fire, and i sorta wanted to make it look nicer too.

The stats are in my signurature.

I'm thinking on getting an emag powerfeed body, and i'm not sure what I need to put it on my intelliframe. What else would help me out?

Any advice would be welcome. I was also thinking on selling it and buying an impulse.

Mallagant
04-13-2003, 08:43 PM
get a ULE body, they're lighter and center feed...xvalve greatly helps in raising ROF (at least that's what ive heard). you want to go with the mag...they're such nice guns..you'll just get tired of the impulse a week after you own one lol.

PBMonster189
04-13-2003, 08:53 PM
Where can I get an ULE body, what do they cost?
I thought of the X valve but it costs a buttload.
Can i use a norm mag barrel on a centerfeed????
Thx for responding btw :p

cheetah256
04-13-2003, 09:01 PM
ULE's were available in the store in limited quantities. dunno how many they have left. you'd have to go out and get yourself a cocker threaded barrel though. no twist lock...

PBMonster189
04-13-2003, 09:05 PM
so these ULE's dont allow the ball to fall directly into the barrel... is that a bad thing? and do they come with a ball detent?

Jerhew
04-13-2003, 10:10 PM
yeah they have a ball detente

save your pennies and get an xvalve
or maybe try and pick up a used retro valve
it might take a while to find someone to trade with but you can save lots of $$$

i traded my classic valve and $100 for a used retro valve(and i already had a level 10)

tye92
04-13-2003, 10:13 PM
pb all you need is a retro valve, heavier than the all new x-valve but same thing other than that and you can find them for alot cheaper than a x-valve. Also i see your using a flatline (adjustable reg.) already, just turn it up to 950-1000 input with the retro and you'll rock thats all your lacking and your rate of fire will be plenty fast enough to pin anyone down or compete against any other gun out there, not to mention the AGD accuracy.

PBMonster189
04-14-2003, 02:49 PM
Set it to 950???? i thought they were supposed to be at 800. Can bouncing the trigger really get such insane results as I've heard it can? I think I've got a line up of what upgrades I'm aiming for. This will, of course take time.

ULE body
ULE body rail (i think ill need a new rail for the body, right?)
X Valve
Freak cocker back
New farther forward drop forward (to balance my new lighter gun, Can u get other drops on a flatline???)

Thats sorta what I was aiming for. According to my friend, I might need a HALO to feed the balls fast enough. Is that true?

This would be super expensive for a kid, so I guess I'll just get what I can. Will they stop making or run out of ULE's soon?

Demobilized
04-14-2003, 04:05 PM
They will run out of ULE bodies depending on which color you want. But they will continue to make them. So just hop in line!

tye92
04-15-2003, 03:16 PM
Yea you can get it sweetspotting, very fast firing and that means high b.p.s. of course it's only for rec ball rather than tourneys. They might check for sweet spotting capability at a tourney but then angels and such can't use full auto either at tourney's so it's all the same except u get the AGD accuracy as a bonus. Nice upgrade list, if you want to save some money and don't really care about a little extra weight, check into the retro valve instead of the x-valve, just my 2 cents.

PBMonster189
04-15-2003, 07:39 PM
So if this "sweet spotting is illegal, can i even bring my mag into tourney's? That could be a problem cause I play em.

Demobilized
04-15-2003, 07:45 PM
Sweetspotting is a malfunction and is bad for your gun. It is when the trigger goes "runaway" and fires more than once per pull. As in you pull the trigger once and it contiunes to bounce back and forth. But without sweetspotting the RT/X valve provides some kickback which really increases ROF.

PBMonster189
04-15-2003, 09:18 PM
I heard you could get mad b/p/s with this sweetspotting and that many mag users know how to and do it intentionally (like 15+ balls per second from what i here). Is it really that bad for the gun?

tye92
04-15-2003, 10:03 PM
As far as i know it doesn't hurt the gun even a little bit, never has hurt mine, nor has it done anything negative to alot of other mags that i know of. If you use it in tourney's you don't want to run the pressure that high(950-1000), i'd say 850-900 and it will be totally legal and get very good trigger reactivity increasing the bps rate. Like i was saying before it's not legal in tourneys to sweetspot neither is full auto from a angel. It's good to know if you ever need that firepower because of someone running full auto in rec ball you have it though. And kind of cool to fire that fast without any breaks(thnx to level 10). A X- VALVE OR RETRO VALVE WILL GIVE YOU A TOTALLY NEW GUN, OR AT LEAST IT WILL SEEM LIKE IT GOTTA LOVE-EM.(DEFINITELY WORTH THE MONEY IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A PERFORMANNCE UPGRADE).

Demobilized
04-15-2003, 10:40 PM
Yes, it is bad for the gun. It wears down the sear. Also you can obtain that kind of ROF without sweetspotting. And to answer pbmonsters question go to butters.org to see a RT doing 21 bps!

greenkill
04-15-2003, 10:46 PM
sorry for the newbie question, whats a ULE body? are their pictures of it online?

Jerhew
04-16-2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by greenkill
sorry for the newbie question, whats a ULE body? are their pictures of it online?

the ule body is an aluminum replacement for your stock body
it takes cocker threaded barrels and is much lighter

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75514

don't worry
we get noob questions all the time :rolleyes: :D

PBMonster189
04-17-2003, 10:02 AM
Your movie didn't come up Demobalized, but thats ok cause i've heard they can shoot that fast from tons of people. Is it true that there are no other drop forwards for the flatline system, cause that would sorta suck.

wyn1370
04-17-2003, 10:20 AM
funny you should ask, my friend datapimp69 is selling drops in the dealer forum here (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66240)
or AGD has a dovetail adapter in the online store

PBMonster189
04-17-2003, 12:12 PM
I like your friend's drops. How much farther forwards will the tank sit with them on? Are they a limited time deal?

wyn1370
04-17-2003, 12:18 PM
there should be pictures in that thread, probably some measurements as well. I don't remember the specs off the top of my head.
They should be around for a while.

Toakes22
04-17-2003, 02:04 PM
If your looking for an rt valve and lvl10 PM me.

PBMonster189
04-17-2003, 02:13 PM
Thx, but I think im gonna save up and get an X Valve, unless you wannt trade the valve for my Spyder Xtra ;)

Toakes22
04-17-2003, 02:14 PM
lol no thanks

PBMonster189
04-18-2003, 09:36 PM
I have more questions ;) Anyone still feel like answering?
I like the idea of a ULE body, but will i need a new body rail?
Is there another awesome looking body out there that i could convert to a warp feed body later on?
What exactly is the slug body? Where do I get one milled/anodized.

Thanks for all the great answers so far all.

askman
04-18-2003, 10:03 PM
well. ULE body will work with standard rails, so you do not need a new one. there are at least 2-3 people who are making their own or milling sluggos. check them out in the dealers section. ULE can be set it up with warp.

http://www.geocities.com/askman01/pm3.JPG

I used a PTP adapter and feed tube for angel. I am still experimenting,and may go back to vertical feed.

Sweetspotting is illegal in tourney play, as is trigger bouncing. if you bounce, you will get bounced at tourney play. also bad for the sear and bolt.

otherwise, xvalve and ule body is great upgrade. (what I did to my emag) other milled sluggo bodies are cooler looking, but heavier and more expensive.

PBMonster189
04-19-2003, 09:03 AM
So I'm guessing Sluggo's arent aluminum...?

Oh well, so many choices, so little money :(

askman
04-19-2003, 11:44 AM
sluggos are aluminum. basically ULEs with meat left of them for custom milling.

PBMonster189
04-20-2003, 09:29 AM
So a milled down one should weigh the same or less an a ULE.... right?
Anyways, What's the difference between a Halo A and a Halo B.

askman
04-20-2003, 09:49 AM
Halo B is upgrade to belt drive. A can do about 16bps, while b can do upto 20+.

B is faster better version. A can be upgraded for a fee.

PBMonster189
04-20-2003, 11:24 AM
IC. Is a B really nessicary if I want to shoot my X Valve Crazy fast?

The spell checker won't work :(

askman
04-20-2003, 03:37 PM
frankly, I don't know anybody who can shoot 16 in semi auto without bouncing or sweet spotting. I guess if you want to do that, you need the b. For tourneys, A would be fine.

PBMonster189
04-20-2003, 04:29 PM
Halo's can't be Intellifed, right? Will an Intellifed Revvy keep up with an X Valve?