PDA

View Full Version : How was it?

JesseB
04-13-2003, 08:25 PM
How was everyone's weekend of play?\

Mine went well a friend and I decided to head over to a new field and ended up meeting up with an old friend and we played together and tore it up on the speedball field for a few hours. Had a nasty leak in the Rat though that put a hamper on my playing trying to find the problem... still looking. Then on the last game of the day my friend bunkered me and turned me pink from head to toes :rolleyes: how was everyone elses weekend?

Skoad
04-13-2003, 08:52 PM
i havent' played in 3 months, so my weekend was boring

Mallagant
04-13-2003, 08:55 PM
i worked friday and saturday night, and went out with my g/f tonight. I have to pay for paint by working 30 hours a week along with high school..so sad.

joeyjoe367
04-13-2003, 09:25 PM
I played my first games of Airball/Speedball. Very fun. Not too differant, considering I play woodsball super-agressive anyway.

Jonesie
04-14-2003, 07:38 AM
Still haven't seen a field with my new X-Mag. :( Satuday though... all bets are off! :D

Later ~ Dave

Load SM5
04-14-2003, 07:53 AM
Went to a local scenario game were tom was playing general. Had a great time, but I'm so tired I'm about to drop.

JAM
04-14-2003, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Jonesie
Still haven't seen a field with my new X-Mag. :( Satuday though... all bets are off! :D

Later ~ Dave

Oh, jonesie, shame! ;)

Well, I made it out finally and played all yesterday with the XMag, and I have to say (even coming from an EMag) get one ASAP. the thing was awesome. no broken paint all day (using a ricochet, too). Impressed a lot of people with the level 10. the only bad thing is that most people don't/didn't know what it was... I got a lot of "sweet EMag" and "is that a micro E?".

joez
04-14-2003, 08:51 AM
i didnt get to play at all this weekend. i am soo dissapointed. i had to work all day friday, until 10:30pm. had to be at work at 6 to set up for the college nationals, and start off the air in the morning. didnt get to leave until 12 hrs later, and got home with a fever. had to go back to work sunday, feeling better, but it was so nice, and i had my marker, it was driving me crazy. i just wanted to play!

*captain_cox*37
04-14-2003, 09:28 AM
This so called team drove like three hours to get to our field and they stayed in a hotel overnight and all! Me, my friends and some locals played them and beat them pretty bad! They were cool guys but they need more practice!

Gadget
04-14-2003, 10:24 AM
I had an AWFUL days play.

We were playing a 5 man woodland tournament and doing pretty well. I personally was playing pretty badly and had a few problems with my newly built X-Valved mag (leaking gas - fixed by moving to a smaller Level 10 carrier).

My main problem was trying to get my velocity set ok - started the day with a 8" Armson barrel and couldn't seem to get my velocity about about 260 (despite cranking the adjuster up a lot).

Swapped to a 12" Smart Parts and got my velocity up to about 275 but was having quite a few barrel breaks, so I swapped to a non-ported 14" barrel, re-chrono'd at about 285 and went out to play......

.....got pulled for chrony on the way back in and found I was shooting 340, 342, 344 - somehow it had jumped 60fps during the game.

At the end of the day we should have won with 645 points, with the next highest team having 505. Unfortunately I managed to earn our team 630 (!) penalty points (5 per fps over 300) and we ended up with 15 points in dead last.

First time I've ever earned penalties for a hot gun and to lose the tournament because of it was a nightmare. Luckily my team is very laid back and didn't sacrifice me to the great god of hot guns. :(

The only silver lining was that because I was playing so badly, I didn't manage to hit anyone during that game - could have been very dangerous.

At the moment I'm not sure what to do to troubleshoot my velocity problems - my current thinking is to go from the middle Level 10 spring to the longest (so that I can shoot in the 280-290 region) and that possibly my bottle reg spiked, causing the big jump in velocity during the game?