PDA

View Full Version : AGD Sponsored Team Member using Mechanical (RT) Mag...

cdawg
04-13-2003, 09:22 PM
Which team member of which team uses a mechanical mag? I am curious as to why he uses a mechanical marker in a world dominated by electros, and some of the specific specs on his gun. Maybe what I read was just pertaining to one game. Does he have a username on this board? Thanks.

Oddball
04-13-2003, 10:03 PM
Chester from the lions uses an orignal style Rt. It is basically a stock RT, lvl 10, warp feed, J&J barrel, most likely an I-frame but not sure about that. He playes front, not sure why he likes the Rt over the E-mag but he does. I forget his user name.

Jonesie
04-14-2003, 07:36 AM
Heh, cool! I like that, a player going 'old skool!' :D It just goes to show that it doesn't matter WHAT you shoot, as long as it's the other team. If that's what he's comfortable with, more power to him!

BTW - I'd like to make it known that I let Chester youse my drilled revvy for his last game(s) @ MGO and he took VERY good care of it! The Kids are a great bunch of guys.

Later ~ Dave

Scooter/Cootie
04-14-2003, 07:56 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but does Manny from Aftershock use a Retro valve 'mag occasionally?

I've seen a few pics of him here on AO using it.

Thordic
04-14-2003, 07:58 AM
Manny only used that before he got his SFL, I believe.

He uses that retromag as a backup now, but he did use a retromag for a good long time.

wyn1370
04-14-2003, 09:08 AM
Chester was telling me that the RT was a friend's who passed away, so it has great sentimental value.

ogre55
04-14-2003, 09:34 AM
No reason to bust on mechanical markers. Plenty of people in the pro circuits still use them. Hell, the Naughty Dogs are sponsered by WGP and they still use mechanical cockers, or at least they did last season.

Ogre

ReTro Boy
04-14-2003, 10:14 AM
But Naughty Dogs went with the Eblade cockers at the end of last season and all will shoot the E-Class this season.

...but you're right. There are still a load of mechanical cockers out there!

ogre55
04-14-2003, 10:29 AM
Thanks RB, I was acually wondering if the Dogs went with E-Orrs once WGP made the E-Blade "official".

Ogre

Brak
04-14-2003, 12:09 PM
i use an RT and im sponsored by my parents. does that count?

Jonesie
04-14-2003, 12:15 PM
My sponsor hooked me up with a SWEET X-Mag. Thank god for Credit Cards! Otherwise I would have no sponsor! ;)

Later ~ Dave