PDA

View Full Version : What feed tube is used on the X-mag??

vaypourus
04-13-2003, 11:51 PM
As the title says, what feed tube is on the X-mag? I can't find a good picture, but it looks to me like the feed tube is still threaded into the vertical feed breech. I really like the design of it...who makes it and how do I get just the feed tube?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

WickeDKlowN
04-14-2003, 12:26 AM
I believe it uses removable breeches.

vaypourus
04-14-2003, 07:09 AM
I know it uses removeable breeches. It looks to me thought that the feed tube/breech is not machined piece of aluminum, rather a feed tube that is still threaded into that breech section.

If this is the case, I want to know who makes the feed tube.

Jonesie
04-14-2003, 07:22 AM
On my X-Mag it is a 'fixed' piece. Although I haven't taken apart my breeches (which I don't ever plan to do) It looks like they are two pieces held together by a pair of set screws on either end of the breech (front and back).

I'm 99% sure this is an exclusive piece, not available for other markers. But they do look sweet, don't they? ;)

Later ~ Dave

fire1811
04-14-2003, 07:34 AM
its one piece
if you would like something else(warp right/left) you have to buy the other modual for it.

cphilip
04-14-2003, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by vaypourus
I know it uses removeable breeches. It looks to me thought that the feed tube/breech is not machined piece of aluminum, rather a feed tube that is still threaded into that breech section.

If this is the case, I want to know who makes the feed tube.

It appears to all be one piece of Aluminum and if its not it's certainly joined as if it's one and not threaded so as you could take it apart.

JAM
04-14-2003, 08:35 AM
It's not one piece- the feed tube is threaded into the breach piece.

fire1811
04-14-2003, 08:43 AM
yes it looks like its more than one piece but i bet you
that you dont get it apart :p

cphilip
04-14-2003, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by JAM
It's not one piece- the feed tube is threaded into the breach piece.

Will yours unthread Jam? I was afraid to try cause I had no idea if they were or not and I cannot see any sign of them so they are perfectly set. Wonder if they are lock tighted in there too?

fire1811
04-14-2003, 09:18 AM
cphilip dont even try it
look on the inside of the breech where it is cut out for the bolt the bottom of this said removable neck extends farther down.
i just looked at it a little closer
it is one piece as far as i can tell there is no seam.

*edit
another thing i dont think there would be enough room for
threads to hold the neck on anyway

although i could be wrong since im not sure what the set screws do?

cphilip
04-14-2003, 09:51 AM
Oh no! I am not going to even THINK about trying it... :eek:

JAM
04-14-2003, 10:46 AM
OK, I think we're all seeing the same thing, but taking it diff ways...

the whole neck piece is one piece and it threads into the breach block. it's locked in place by a set screw. the bottom of the feedneck piece is machined to clear the bolt and such, so i don't think it's a good idea to remove it and put a dif one in there.

are we on the same page?

;)

fire1811
04-14-2003, 10:55 AM
yep thats exactly what im talkin bout

but come on jam be the first to unscrew it and tell
me and cphilip what happens :p

vaypourus
04-14-2003, 11:00 AM
Well, thanks for the replies all. I guess I will have to go with some cheesy Angel low rise instead...:(

cphilip
04-14-2003, 11:43 AM
Yep I agree. Even though it was inserted at some point it appears not to be desingned for regular removal...

but we do want you to try on yours Jam and take pictures! :D

JAM
04-14-2003, 12:57 PM
Um, I've already had enough problems from messing around. the day after I got the xmag, a "friend" of mine wanted to see what it would look like with the datapimp drop, well the datapimp drop uses slightly shorter screws than the shocktech i had on it- a point that was completely lost on my friend, so he just screws and screws until BOTH bottomline screws snap off inside the grip(!) tried the dremel/flathead screwdriver trick- no luck, just a broken screwdriver and ugly cuts. then tried drilling out one of the screws (that stainless is TOUGH). broke 3 drillbits but finally had a decent hole. got one of those "easy out" screw extractors and threaded t in only to have it break off inside the screw. DMAN. so, I had to order a replacement frame all they had was black which was better than nothing to me. So, now i got a two tone- black and silver XMag. at least it works and it's pretty unique.

so, no, I'm not gonna go "screwing" around with my feed neck any time soon.

-j

fire1811
04-14-2003, 01:01 PM
baahahaha
2 days of terror lol

hey do you know any machinist?
if not there are some VERY good ones that i work with
that might be able to help you out.
if your interested pm and we can talk
or aim me at fire1812

manike
04-14-2003, 01:24 PM
NO!!!!!!!!!

Don't try to unthread them. You CAN'T!

They are not threaded into place, they are press fit and then locked, to prevent movement when twisting the hopper in and out of place, with set screws.

They are manufactured specifically for X-mags.

I don't recommend trying to take them apart. They are assembled and then anodised as one piece.

fire1811
04-14-2003, 01:28 PM
bahh what does manike know ;)

come on jam unjam it lol
:D

Cristobal
04-14-2003, 03:40 PM
man jam, sounds like you could use an EDM machine for those screws :D

JAM
04-15-2003, 09:10 AM
well, i like the new color scheme anyway... live and learn.

fire1811
04-15-2003, 09:13 AM
aright bro but if you ever want my machinist to give it a shot let me know.
would only cost ya shipping lol

cphilip
04-15-2003, 09:15 AM
That actualy looks pretty dam good Jam! :)

Jonesie
04-15-2003, 10:05 AM
Glad I didn't let you have my pewter X! ;)

Dave

JAM
04-15-2003, 12:30 PM
Yeah, it worked out pretty good. i was thinking of maybe adding a black battery pack and i have a silver to black fade Pipe coming soon. I think I'll wait until the battery packs come milled then think about it.

cphilip
04-15-2003, 12:33 PM
Sure wait on one of them new battery covers and it would look slick! Its one of a kind now and no one will ever know it was not planned that way. Silver and Black realy go together well.

fire1811
04-15-2003, 12:36 PM
yeah i think the black battery cover would look sweet with the pipe
cphilip do you knwo when the milled ones are supposed to arrive?