PDA

View Full Version : J&J Edge Barrel Kit - WARNING

kyndig
04-14-2003, 10:13 AM
Just wanted to let the community know a flaw in the J&J Edge barrel kit. If you're using a Level X bolt and have the J&J Edge, the smallest back (.685) won't work for you. You'll find that the bolt enters the barrel and jams in it about 1 to 2 centimeters in. I talked to J&J and they said that AGD made the new bolt too big, it's .6865. My opinion is that the bolt was out before the barrel kit, so they should've made the chamber on the smallest back a little bigger.

On a side note, has anyone else run into this problem? If so did you call AGD or J&J? What did they say?

fire1811
04-14-2003, 10:28 AM
yes if you do a search you will see that this problem
was brought up when the lvlX first came out
.687 will work

kyndig
04-14-2003, 11:36 AM
I did a search but didn't find anything. I'm sure I didn't put in the right keywords that would've gotten me the correct info. Sorry for posting old info.

fire1811
04-14-2003, 11:38 AM
oh man i hope you didnt take that post the wrong way
i wasnt jaggin ya i was just saying there is more info
out there if your looking for it.
im a nice guy :D

oldsoldier
04-15-2003, 01:01 AM
I had the same problem. Here is what I did, and it worked for me; mind you, do this at your own risk, and this was suggested to me;
get the finest grit sandpaper you can find (I used like 200, and it worked fine). Remover the bolt. About 3/4 of the way up to the tip, there is a small joint; running your finger over this joint you can feel a slight raise. What you need to do is sand this donw BY HAND so that it fits smoothly into the edge back. The easiest way to do it is to wrap the sandpaper around the little joint, and turn it in your hand for a few minutes. Continually check your work by fitting the bolt into the smallest back; when it slides smoothly in and out, you're done.
Again, this worked for me. Do this at your own risk. I shot about a case through it this past weekend, and had no problems whatsoever. Hope this little suggestion helps.

kyndig
04-15-2003, 08:43 AM
Oldsoldier, do you have any issues with blowback after you've done this? Especially when using any larger barrels/inserts?

oldsoldier
04-15-2003, 09:31 AM
I havent put any large paint through it yet. When I do, I'll let you guys know though.