PDA

View Full Version : Warp Feed Troubles

sarpadian
04-14-2003, 10:50 AM
I am having trouble with my warp feed. It is loosing power quickly under usage. At the field it made it through one game and then it did not have enough strength left to feed anymore. At home it took maybe 2 minutes of continous running until it did not have enough power to push balls through the tubing. Before you ask I did use new batteries, several of them fesh out of the packaging. I origionally thought it was draining the batteries, but it didn't appear to be. At home I put one of the batteries that I had used at the field and it ran fine for a couple of minutes but then began to slow down again. So I don't think it is eating the batteries. Also the "belt" drive does not seem to be slipping, that was my other suspicion. The gears are all fine and the wheel turns easily when the belt has been removed, even with paint in the warp feed so it is not jamming. After you detach the battery and let it sit for a while it will run just fine, but only for a few minutes.

Is there anything that any of you could suggest that I look at before I resign to sending it in for repair?

BlackVCG
04-14-2003, 11:59 AM
Does it spin fast and then start slowing down if there is NO paint in the Warp?

If it's doing that, you're using really bad batteries or the motor or board is causing an issue.

What brand of batteries are you using? Even if they're fresh out of the package, if they're an off-brand, they won't work well at all. Use only Duracell Ultra's or Energizer Ti's.

xen_100
04-14-2003, 12:12 PM
as black said, if the batteries are not the issue, then your board is heating up and causing problems (need a new board), or the motor is heating up and loosing strength(need new motor)