PDA

View Full Version : AO members, you shall decide the fate of my Automag

paint magnet
04-14-2003, 05:23 PM
I have decided that I should at least get a second opinion before doing anything drastic.

So, I ask you, fellow members of Automags Online, what is to become of my mag?
Here is my setup:
Benchmark 2x frame
chrome v/a
Crown Point and TASO barrels
AGD L VII .68 Automag, 2 stars left
polished pfhl body

And here is my dillema. I have decided to get back into pump play. By the time I resume playing paintball, I will have accumulated $300 with which to pay for the aforementioned pump marker. I have not decided yet, however, how much to spend on this gun, and not fully decided on what the gun shall be, but here is the most likely option.

CCI VSC Phantom
Acid red
.45 frame
10 and 15 round feed tubes
vertical feed breech
9" stock barrel
11" CCI Nickel barrel
Phantom Phreak kit and inserts from Punisher's customs
AGD Warp feed
Dye Sticky grips
PPS brass trigger shoe
13 ci/3000 psi HPA tank
PPS inline Male stabilizer

Now should I sell my mag and get a really nice Phantom (I'll be keeping my angel no matter what) or keep the mag and try to tone down the setup of my Phantom so that I can keep it under my budget of 300 and still keep the mag? Thank you for your help.

Doug_7
04-14-2003, 05:27 PM
Is the warp realy nessesary. I mean it's pump class.

paint magnet
04-14-2003, 05:56 PM
No, the warp is only for the vertical feed breech. Maybe. Anyway if I don't like it on there I can put it on my Angel :) And I know of someone with a warpfeed on their Sterling, so why not?;)

CaptainFatCat
04-14-2003, 06:45 PM
I say, that you shouldnt go warp feed unless you just want to. But when/if you do sell it, part it out, Id like to buy the polished powerfeed body. Been looking for one.:D

paint magnet
04-14-2003, 06:49 PM
Make an offer on the polished body and its yours. I polished it myself and its not quite AGD quality, but it does look good. If you have a vertical feed body of any kind I will include cash and trade you. The powerfeed has been cut down by about half an inch to allow the hopper to sit lower and closer to the center of the gun, making a lower profile and a great setup if you want a warp right gun, if not then it works fine as a hopper left too. LMK.

paint magnet
04-14-2003, 06:50 PM
Oh yeah, you can see your reflection in it, but its not perfect as I wasn't able to polish right under where the powerfeed connects.

HoppysMag
04-14-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by paint magnet
And I know of someone with a warpfeed on their Sterling, so why not?;)

ya but fred is a special kind of player. lol not many people need to have a warp to keep up witht there pumps ROF

FalconGuy016
04-14-2003, 11:02 PM
So they can move the hopper out of the way?

Mossman
04-15-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016
So they can move the hopper out of the way?

Nice job mr. parrot :)

Anyhow, I think a warp on a phantom could be BADASS. You should try and get something that will make the warp work with the stock class body/elbow. Imagine if you unscrewed the 10/15rd tube and somehow were able to attach the warp in there. Mmmmmm looks like stock class but it's force feed :) Also, if you can get a standard left feed body that'd be better for the warp (if you're a righty)

paint magnet
04-15-2003, 09:00 AM
Well, a warp would really help with the offhanded shooting on a pump, since its near impossible to get off more than one shot out the left side of the bunker when holding it with your left hand. Whereas with the warp you could lean out and pop off a few. So it would take the hopper off the gun for when I wanted to play non stock class and it would allow me to shoot off handed, well at least out the left side which is basically the same thing.lol what do you think about a 45 round hopper on a warp?

JEDI
04-15-2003, 09:06 AM
I say sell the Mag, use the extra cash for an even better pump set up that you desire. You still have an Angel, which is an awesome gun when ever you want a good semi.

Now you're really happy with your new pump set up, and you still have a kick *** semi. This way, you won't wish you had gone with a better pump set up. Go for it all, and have no regrets.

CaptainFatCat
04-15-2003, 10:13 AM
Can you get a pic of the body? I usually dont buy things until I see them. About what are you looking for for the body?

paint magnet
04-15-2003, 05:56 PM
About the 'ultimate' pump: Are you saying get a tricked Phantom or the 'ultimate' Carter or Palmer markers? Or dare I say, the J2? ($1000 :eek: )

About selling the body: Um, I'll take half of whatever AGD wants for a new polished powerfeed body right now.