PDA

View Full Version : newbie mag question

jairus
04-14-2003, 06:51 PM
i took my mag apart oiled(i used a 3and1 oil) the o-rings ect..and put it back together when i shot it it shot fullauto(its wasnt befor i oiled it):( .. then i ran out of air. Is it normal for mags to shoot fullauto when running out of air or did i mess something up oiling it?

i'd go get my hpa tank filled up but my local pb store isnt open on mondays

micromag Xvaule

Russ
04-14-2003, 07:09 PM
Do not use 3 in 1 oil. It is petroleum based oil. it will (and probably did) ruin all the O-rings in the gun. Get some paintball-specific oil (I like Gold Cup Oil)

I suggest you take some time, and download the instruction manuals from the AGD website. read through them. there's a lot of valuable info that you need to know about your Mag...you might want to order a repair kit (with all the O rings) while you're at it.

Jonesie
04-14-2003, 07:43 PM
Did you put the sear back in? Did you have any left over parts at all? ;)

BTW - Where do you live? My shop isn't open on Mondays either...

Later ~ Dave

jairus
04-14-2003, 07:53 PM
befor i oiled my mag i was reading up on oils and http://www.paintballtimes.com/oil.htm said " A typical 3-in-1 oil will work fine " is the 3in1 oil really that bad for my gun?

jairus
04-14-2003, 07:58 PM
i never took the sears out i just pulled the trigger(like the manual says) and then pulled everything out as a whole oiled it and put it back in didnt really take it apart much

i live in NJ

Russ
04-14-2003, 09:27 PM
Hmm, interesting article, Sami Khan, the author of that diatribe, also speaks of the use of K-Y Jelly as a paintball lubricant. I wonder what that boy does in his spare time! :eek:

backtrack2pb
04-15-2003, 04:13 PM
I don't think 3 in 1 oil is the best oil to use for a paintball gun. It tends to thicken as the temprature drops (especially if you are using CO2), which is never a good thing.

Toakes22
04-15-2003, 04:22 PM
Hey, I live in NJ. What store is it? Also where do you play?

jairus
04-15-2003, 09:23 PM
Picasso Lake Paintball its mostly only rec ball. going to try and play every sunday if i dont have other plans, and if doesnt rain :mad:

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme2/archangels/Picasso2.html (not my website just something i found on the web) i like the field cuase i can bring my own paint ZAP Chronic Paint :)

the store i goto is On Target Paintball about 10mins away form where i live in camden county on the White Horse Pike

Toakes22
04-15-2003, 09:25 PM
Holy ****. Dude I live in Camden County. I play at Picasso sometimes. The store I go to is Ben & Molley's. I live in Voorhees

jairus
04-15-2003, 09:51 PM
Cool, maybe ill see you there someday. i have a black micromag with Xvalve that i just bought, http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74647

this saturday.. ill playing paintball somewhere down south 295 ext13.. not to clear where the field is yet :confused: , but ill find out soon

well.. i'm off to work... bye