PDA

View Full Version : Paintball the board game.

Skoad
04-14-2003, 09:00 PM
Just found it interesting, saw it in an APG ad.
Here's the offical website http://www.paintcheckthegame.com/

heres where you buy it:
http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/059-119-0002.html

BuNkErEd89
04-14-2003, 09:06 PM
hehe how do you play that tho?? it doesnt look like that would take two hours like it says to play..

FooTemps
04-14-2003, 09:32 PM
man... if the game takes 2 hours then doesn't it kinda screw up your "tactics"? I mean, games are fast so wouldn't playing a slow, long version of a fast game be kinda pointless?

Skoad
04-14-2003, 09:41 PM
???

i don't think anywhere it says "this takes as long as a speedball game to play"

Hexis
04-14-2003, 09:41 PM
I would have thought the same of Steve Jackson's Frag (http://www.sjgames.com/frag/), which is a turn based board game version of a FPS (first person shooter, ex: Quake). However, that game is very very fun.

FooTemps
04-14-2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Skoad
???

i don't think anywhere it says "this takes as long as a speedball game to play"

I'm not saying they claimed that but I'm just finding it pointless to play a strategy game like that when in a real game it flys by. Wouldn't the strategy for each game be completely different?

shartley
04-15-2003, 05:41 AM
People play lots of types of games… and there are many that mirror real sports but not in “real time”. There is nothing wrong with that.

I think this game would make a great collectors item, and could be a bit of rainy day fun.

Now…. when will they come out with a Paintball Edition Monopoly? :D

lopxtc
04-15-2003, 08:06 AM
Wondering when the CCG version of Paintball will be coming out ... can just see it now ...

Player 1: "I'll play my superman slide into 50 card".
Player 2: "I counter with my "Salm's in the woods" instant, and send you to the dead-box."
Player 1: "Aw man and I'm out of ref cards."

Aaron

Brak
04-15-2003, 11:16 AM
FINALLY!!! something better than dungeons and dragons!!! muahahahahahaha!!!!

Rancid Milk
04-15-2003, 03:34 PM
$50 seems like a lot to pay for a board game to me...
I guess it's cool though. Maybe someone will get me that for my birthday or something, because I can't pay $50 :)

*captain_cox*37
04-15-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Rancid Milk
$50 seems like a lot to pay for a board game to me...
I guess it's cool though. Maybe someone will get me that for my birthday or something, because I can't pay $50 :)

Yeah. But special things like this companies always know they can charge more because of the demand for it and no one else has it. I like it. I don't know about $50 though. Rather get something for real my mag.

-=Squid=-
04-15-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by shartley
People play lots of types of games… and there are many that mirror real sports but not in “real time”. There is nothing wrong with that.

I think this game would make a great collectors item, and could be a bit of rainy day fun.

Now…. when will they come out with a Paintball Edition Monopoly? :D

I have a make-your-own opoly soon, and am gonna make it where you buy different fields and stuff :D