PDA

View Full Version : preordered my xmag, but is it worth it?

ttoad4000t
04-14-2003, 11:25 PM
Hey, i just preordered my CnC red/black fade xmag today, I have the money, but is a paintball gun really worth $1500? Whats the difference between a (lets say) GZ timmy for $750, while for $750 more i can get an xmag, whats the difference?

BobTheCow
04-14-2003, 11:29 PM
Prepare to get flamed by some other people for ever doubting AGD. :eek:

However, if I ever got the money I would definitely go for one... and if money was tight, I would go for the (for example) GZ timmy!! I think that's really what it's all about: do you HAVE the money, and how much of it are you wiling to spend.

askman
04-14-2003, 11:31 PM
I have ULE bodied emag with level x and x valve and warp, as well as micro emag with level x. both cost me about total 1500 used.

only difference is ACE and 24bps with ace on.

still, I would not mind having one. but not willing to trade both in for one. ;)

ttoad4000t
04-14-2003, 11:34 PM
well, what im asking is, is there really any performance gains over the two? or is the xmag just nicer looking

jayel579
04-14-2003, 11:40 PM
i wouldnt doubt that its worth it, if i caould get one i would. they look awesome, but 8 months and 1500? my Emag is pretty much an Xmag minus the ACE and 24 bps with my ULE body. you can get an IR3 for under 1500 or maybe even that new Speed angel

TimEmag00134
04-15-2003, 01:45 AM
The first time I read this I wasn't going to post a reply, but after thinking about it for a few minutes I decided to post why I ordered my X-mag.

I quit playing for a few months and have decided to get back into the sport when I return from this deployment, but I wanted a new gun (there's nothing wrong with my Bushy, just wanted something new). I'd been trying to decide between an E-Orracle and a GX4 for a while now, but I didn't want to spend that much on something that I knew I'd have to spend a lot of time "tweaking" it to get it to run right. After I deployed to my current location I started surfing AO again and found out the X-mag had been created. I've always loved the mags reliablity (I've owned 2 mags before without any problems), but they've always been a little heavy (I'm a front player and as such I like light weight guns). After a little bit of searching I found the price (I couldn't call AGD direct from here and they weren't taking new emails at the time). Although I thought the price was a touch high, it's well worth it in my opinion since it will be the last gun I'll need to buy for a LONG time.

No one here can convince you why or why not you should keep your order, that's up to you. You need to make your decision based on what you want and what you're willing to pay for it.

Good choice of colors by the way, same as what I ordered.

AGD
04-15-2003, 02:33 AM
If your debating about it at all you should not get it. Buying a high end marker is not about getting a great buy, its about owning something that represents how seriously you take your passion for what you do.

The best gun for the money is hands down the Tippman or the Spyder. Buy one of those and you have made a wise investment. Buy either of them and you can play paintball as much as you want. You will have made the same decision as literally MILLIONS of other players.

Most people are willing to be one of millions, others are not. A few, a very few, will take the time to understand the depths of what they are getting involved in. They come to understand the differences in the little things, the small stuff that the masses never notice. Any knife from Kmart will cut as good as an authentic Samurai sword. For those who understand that a single sword takes 6 months to make, by a craftsman who had trained for a lifetime, the value in the sword is in the meaning, the history and the effort required to produce such a masterpiece. Taken at face value there is no reason to purchase a sword, totally comprehending the difference between them gives no reason to purchase the Kmart knife.

The saying goes “youth is waisted on the young” . Most of the people on this forum are young enough not to be burdened with house payments and families. Most of them are living in the only part of their lives when they actually have the time and the freedom to live life with passion and pursue their dreams to the highest levels. The curse of youth is that passion runs amuck and instead of shooting one glorious rocket to the stars they hop from one rock to the next thinking that the next one they turn over will be the gold mine.

You are lucky that you can choose to own any of the paintball markers made. This may be the only time in your life when the entire rainbow is streaching out before you and all you have to do is pick a color. How and why you pick YOUR color will be a defining moment, it is up to you how you decide and choose.

AGD

Cryer
04-15-2003, 02:45 AM
I personally, have decided to wait until I can justify owning one. Currently, I dont have time enough to play but once/month or less. If I were to get one now, I'd have a $1500 paperweight. Once I get to a position in my job that I can get weekends off when I'd like, then...Then will I endulge in the sweetness that is the X-mag...

*thinks to self: "James, chill out, man. You make it sound like I'm saving myself for when I'm married...:rolleyes:"

Anyways, what I'm trying to say is: If you will get $1500 bucks worth out of it, get it. Otherwise, hold off until you think you will. Timmies and Emags are great for the money, too...

joeyjoe367
04-15-2003, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by AGD

Most people are willing to be one of millions, others are not. A few, a very few, will take the time to understand the depths of what they are getting involved in. They come to understand the differences in the little things, the small stuff that the masses never notice. Any knife from Kmart will cut as good as an authentic Samurai sword. For those who understand that a single sword takes 6 months to make, by a craftsman who had trained for a lifetime, the value in the sword is in the meaning, the history and the effort required to produce such a masterpiece. Taken at face value there is no reason to purchase a sword, totally comprehending the difference between them gives no reason to purchase the Kmart knife.

X-Mag: Paintball's Samurai Sword ;)

Yamz
04-15-2003, 03:33 AM
tom that was the best responce to any form of why should i get this marker i have ever heard and i am am happy to say i on a pre-order list via logic paintball for paintballs samurai sword

Kevmaster
04-15-2003, 06:41 AM
also, retail on a CnC Single Color is $1250...not 1500

luke
04-15-2003, 07:35 AM
Well said Tom!

shartley
04-15-2003, 07:43 AM
Yes, well said Tom. That has got to one of your best posts to date........

fire1811
04-15-2003, 07:52 AM
is an xmag worth it....
IMO worth every penny and more
great craftmanship, the time spent on each marker shows when you look at them.

i would rather wait on a marker that is done properly then one that is thrown together.

its a great marker you wont be disappointed

well said tom.

FalconGuy016
04-15-2003, 07:54 AM
Someone should save tom's post, and post it whenever we see threads like this again :)

As for my opinion, I would buy the xmag because I just like it better

Russ
04-15-2003, 08:11 AM
Great post, Tom :)

I look at like this. Is a BMW (insert Model # here) really worth more than, let's say, a Taurus.

If you crave "the best", that question is self-explanatory. The Taurus will do everthing that nice BMW will do, but the BMW is a marvel of engineering. There is a certain pride that goes along with owning "the best"

My suggestion is that you cancel youe X-Mag order, and let someone who REALLY wants one buy it (Russ likes red-black fade ;) )

shartley
04-15-2003, 08:27 AM
I would not choose BMW as my comparison though. ;) I have seen far too many low end BMWs that were POS's with a BMW Badge.

JAM
04-15-2003, 09:00 AM
For me, it is worth it. I am comfortable with AGD's products based on my past experiences, and I figured that was enough of a "safety net" to help me decide between all the $1000+ guns out there.

as for XMag's value, it's pretty good. if you were to buy an emag retail and add XValve, ULE body you'd end up spending over $1000 anyway. the little details on the X make it worth it to me- removable breach and (thank god) the on/off switch.

hitech
04-15-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by shartley
Yes, well said Tom. That has got to one of your best posts to date........

I was thinking the same thing. That scares me. I must be getting OLD. ;)

Jonesie
04-15-2003, 09:37 AM
I have to agree with Tom, it's all about how serious you take it. I take paintball seriously, but I know it's just a game - and most importantly that it's meant to be fun! I have the opportunity to own an X-Mag and I jumped on it like a blonde! ;)

BTW, when I chose my color, it was PEWTER! :D

Later ~ Dave

Russ
04-15-2003, 09:43 AM
I would not choose BMW as my comparison though. I have seen far too many low end BMWs that were POS's with a BMW Badge.I was using BMW as an example, just to make my point, MB's, perhaps? I do like the "5" series, though. :)

Maybe I should've used my beloved, quirky, square-ish Volvo 850 as the "high End" choice ;)