PDA

View Full Version : AUSTIN TEXAS AO day 2 ! This ones the motherload!

Pages : 1 2 [3]

1shot
07-02-2003, 12:36 PM
I'm staying with a friend in Austin...she hasn't even told me for sure that Dave and I can stay. You know how girls are, she offered, but she doesn't think I'm really coming. I would be able to let you know on Saturday...but I'm not sure that would help you out alot right now.

Nick
1Shot

Talon2000
07-02-2003, 01:13 PM
Girls.. ARgg..

I'm staying Sat night.. Prolly get a hotel room for that night. Cuz I dunno when I'll get done partying..

pbmidget
07-02-2003, 03:51 PM
I cant go

Jon/xpm
07-02-2003, 05:12 PM
Im going down with Talon2000
so im coming :)

put me on the list capo or havoc

Cryer
07-02-2003, 09:44 PM
I'll just play things by ear for Saturday night... I may end up coming back home anyways.

Vern1
07-03-2003, 07:14 AM
Greetings,
Two days to go!!

Make sure you identify yourself as an AO member when you sign in or you will pay full admission!!!!!

Admission will be 7.50 + tax and includes all day air/CO2.
PMI Paint is available at the field or you can BYOP - NO PROBLEM!!!
Premium-breaks white - 40.00 case - it's left over from a tourney so it's 3 weeks old - shoots good, just marks white!
Big Ball-breaks pink - 45.00 case
Premium-breaks yellow - 55.00 case
Yellow Evil and Gator Green Marbs - 65.00 case

This will save a lot of time up front and get you playing quicker: go here, print and fill out before you sign in.
Releases (http://www.pettypb.com/releaseinfo.html)
Just think of all the paint you could put on Havoc in the couple of minutes you save......

Looking forward to seeing you folks!

GT
07-03-2003, 10:54 AM
Quick note for H-town people. I stole the wifes car this weekend so I will drive the civic instead of the maita so

If you need a ride from Houston contact me via PM or aim Turb0minnow, I will have 2-3 seats

jb

Havoc_online
07-03-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Vern1
Premium-breaks white - 40.00 case - it's left over from a tourney so it's 3 weeks old - shoots good, just marks white!

Joe, hold 5 cases for me plz.:)

GoatBoy
07-04-2003, 11:50 PM
So, what's the weather looking like out there?

postitnote
07-05-2003, 07:27 AM
Right now the time is 7:26 and the temperature is 75 degrees. All 8 of us (postitnote, Daroach, Daroach's brother, Daroach's friend, Cryer, Talon2000, Jon/xpm, and kenndogg) are leaving right now to go get breakfast and then head out to the field. Will send pics as we get them! ;)

GT
07-05-2003, 11:29 PM
I am so mad.

Had the gear and everything ready to go. went to bed at 1am alarm set for 5am. I didnt wake up until 10am. needless to say I couldnt make.

I am so hot! Hope you guys had fun.

jb

Cryer
07-06-2003, 01:19 AM
Awesome fun, guys! sorry for those who missed it. We're working on getting pics up here. (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90747)
Lots of good ones.

It had rained slightly before we got out, so you could slide a good 10 ft into your bunker. overcast day, so the sun wasn't overbearing.
Perfect day.

Miscue
07-06-2003, 02:36 PM
Had a lot of fun, was well worth the trip.

I love your ULE RT... looked really good.

Recon by Fire
07-06-2003, 04:10 PM
Despite the morning rain on the way to field, it really turned out to be a great day of paintball :) We enjoyed our weekend in Austin. Sorry we missed Saturday night's events but we slept late after playing and went out after that.

Sharpshootertpg
07-06-2003, 05:40 PM
The field was awesome and there were a lot of great players. Hopefully another AO TX meet could be scheduled before this time next year.

kenndogg
07-06-2003, 08:34 PM
Wow.
Thats all I got to say. That AO meet was just awesome. Everyone that I meet was real cool. I'm definetly going to the next AO meet. Props to Vern1 for providing the wicked air ball field.

g00fy
07-06-2003, 09:56 PM
Well, this was my first AO meet. I wouldn't have thought about going if daroach didnt ask me to. Im glad he did. I had a blast. Thanks to curtis and clare for the event. Joe for providing a nice field to play. Kenndog for hauling me around everywhere. Postinote for letting me crash at her place. Daroach's parents for driving me to austin. and everyone else I met along the way.

Trudy's was a blast even if Curtis accused me of being a "mag hater" ;). Had fun playing twisted metal at his place. Awesome pics by all members. I'll be at the next one providing plans work out.

Thanks
John

Cryer
07-06-2003, 10:00 PM
It was awesome fun playing with you. Glad you made it out.

After playin with your Ironman, I'm sincerely thinking about purchasing an intimidator;) :D

Hope to see you at the next one!

Havoc_online
07-06-2003, 10:05 PM
all post and comment but plz do so on the after thread(in pb talk) so we can use it for a tease when the next meet comes around :)

Jon/xpm
07-06-2003, 11:17 PM
poor Cryer :(
after hitting 20 bps your mind changed alittle :p

Cryer
07-06-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Jon/xpm
poor Cryer :(
after hitting 20 bps your mind changed alittle :p :D

MaChu
05-21-2004, 04:58 PM
I finally got me a gun, gear, after a year of not playing:( So Im excited, I need a good field, good atmosphere, good prices, and I need to play. Not to mention going to bring some friends. Still on for the 5th?

Cryer
05-21-2004, 07:40 PM
This was last year... :confused:

Its likely that Curtis is planning another one somewhere, it may not be for a little while, tho...

MaChu
05-22-2004, 04:34 PM
:(

Well, when was the last Tex AO meet? The Xball in Fort? Well could someone please start one before the end of summer? :confused: :(

Recon by Fire
05-22-2004, 09:04 PM
Hopefully Curtis is clarivoyant and arranges somethind for a day I am off. I had to work for Tex-Ball :(

MaChu
05-23-2004, 08:54 PM
Well...does anyone just wanna meet? You know, it doesn't have to be all out, discount everything, party before and afterwards, meet(even though they sound fun and cost cheaper). Whoever wants to meet in Texas say...end of June/beginning of July? And whoever reads this thread just say something. I know this is all rush rush, but hey informal meets will just can be just as fun as official ones. Question is...when and where do you guys want to have it?

Mike Smith
05-24-2004, 07:01 AM
Are you nuts??!!?? :eek:

We don't do paintball in July & August in Texas! You're talking major heat stroke if you play past 10:00 am!

Late October and November is a great time for a meet & greet in Texas; and I have some open time after October 11...

MaChu
05-24-2004, 07:16 AM
Look at the beginning of the thread, we did a meet on the 5th...of JULY! Heat stroke? Bah! Its called lots of water, or a cold beer for the older folks...maybe a mercy one for the youngins? ;)

Recon by Fire
05-24-2004, 12:16 PM
We aboslutely do play all year round :)

MaChu
05-24-2004, 03:29 PM
Recon, do you know any good fields in Houston that are decently priced?

Recon by Fire
05-24-2004, 07:14 PM
There are several popular ones:

http://www.tankspaintball.com/

http://www.playpaint.com/

http://www.paintballzone.net/

http://www.blackmountainpaintball.com/

Sharpshootertpg
05-24-2004, 07:51 PM
Tanks is an awesome field; one of the best in TX...Pettys rocks too..... i talked to Curtis (Havoc_online) and he said there is no TX AO Meet planned as of now for this summer....however, if someone wants to organize one that would be cool.

MaChu
05-24-2004, 08:24 PM
I remember Tanks...isn't it near Katie? Ok, yeah thats a cool field. So since we are like the only three people that are really talking, Petty's or Tanks?

I say Petty's since its always a winner. Two meets have been held there, its always nice, Petty's we go?

Sharpshootertpg
05-24-2004, 09:43 PM
MaChu- hit me up on AIM...my sn is Sharpshootertpg ....that way we can talk about plans and get somethin goin. i have some ideas.
peace

GoatBoy
05-26-2004, 02:56 AM
How much organizing do we really need to do this? As long as the place isn't expensive, say, BYOP + $20-ish in field/air fees, and isn't like a total hole... Petty's and Tank's seem to fit the bill. I know I'd be up for it. Pick a place, toss up a date?

MaChu
05-26-2004, 07:28 AM
Sharpshooter said he was going to talk to Clare about Petty's and a date pretty soon. I hoping it will be end of June to the middle of July considering at the ending weeks of July, people might be going off to football, band, and other camps before the high school year starts. Once he said he was done talking to Clare, we would post a thread in the main forum to get people's attention then it will get moved here for further discussion.

Hope everything comes together
Matt

Sharpshootertpg
05-26-2004, 10:50 AM
i'm just waiting for Clare to respond to my pm....i'll let yall know when i find out somethin.

edweird
05-26-2004, 10:59 AM
HOLY Thread Ressurection batman!

anyhow depending on a date I will... TRY to show.

Cryer
05-26-2004, 11:12 AM
I'd want something in Austin @Pettys again. Tanks in Houston blows chunks in comparison. I dont care if it is hours closer.

It'll be the end of summer before I can afford a gun, again... Prolly.. :(

MaChu
05-26-2004, 11:58 AM
Sharpshooter-Good. Hopefully she will read this thread.

Ed-Yes, I tend to play God and resurrect things on a very small, internet scale, but its for a good cause. Hope you can make it. But are you seriously gonna come all the way from AZ?

Cryer, you should go anyways. Somebody is bound to have a spare gun you could use. Don't you still have all your gear like masks, harness, etc?

We are on a time schedule people, tell everyone!
Matt

Cryer
05-26-2004, 12:01 PM
Cryer, you should go anyways. Somebody is bound to have a spare gun you could use. Don't you still have all your gear like masks, harness, etc?

Got all that... Just dont have the business end of my equipment... You know, I got no way to dispense my balls.

EDIT- Perhaps we should start another thread... Maybe it would get more attention. :confused:

Sharpshootertpg
05-26-2004, 12:46 PM
Clare responded and said there is no summer meet planned as of now....so i sent her another pm to see if she could possibly help get somethin set up at Pettys...i'll let yall know as soon as she responds.

Cryer- pm me or talk to me on aim...

Sharpshootertpg
05-26-2004, 01:42 PM
Alright, heres the deal, Clare and Curtis are both way too busy this summer to organize another TX AO meet, however, we can still talk to Petty's and see about arranging something with them. If someone wants to post a new thread on this that would be great.

Cryer
05-26-2004, 02:18 PM
Sharpshooter and I have been talking, we think it would be pretty easy to just organize something small. It probably wont be an "AO Day", per se, we might have to mix it up with the locals... We'll figure that out later when we can gauge interest.

Probably at Pettys again, since its an awesome field, more centrally located than Dallas or Houston (its east of Austin), and the info's already posted at the top of the thread...

As for a date, neither of us have a clue.

Right now, I dont have a marker, and probably wont until at least mid-july. I may be able to borrow one before that, but I'd rather not rely on that if I dont have to...

I'll be unavailable the last part of June as I'm chaparoning(sp?) a Boyscout trip.

Anyone have any ideas for a time-frame?

once we get the basics, one of us will start a new thread.

Again, just to emphasize, neither of us have the time, or ability to organize something as grand as Curtis and Clare have in the past, but we'll see about having a good day of ball. Maybe even a few small outings, who knows? :)

Post any ideas here...

MaChu
05-26-2004, 02:55 PM
Well since this isn't going to be a full blown AO Day, how bout we call it a MiniLessThanSpectacularAO Day. We get to mix it up with the locals, just a discount on field fee, air and paint. Ok, looks like end of July sounds like the time frame we should be shooting for. This gives us basically a month and a half of planning and to get the word out on AO, time to get our schedules worked out, and prepare. Sound good?

Sharpshootertpg
05-26-2004, 04:11 PM
one more thing to add; when i was talking to Cryer, we both had the same idea that it might be cool to have a few TX AO meets or sort of mini-meets. what i mean by this is have a few meets relatively close together but not have a full-blown AO event on the scale that TEXBALL was or anything else Clare and Curtis put on. this would give AO members a great chance to practice...if this sounds appealing, i can get on some Houston pball forums and talk to the tourney players on there to try to get them to join us.

edweird
05-26-2004, 05:20 PM
Ed-Yes, I tend to play God and resurrect things on a very small, internet scale, but its for a good cause. Hope you can make it. But are you seriously gonna come all the way from AZ?

Ive done it before... and would likley do it again. but this time no friggin driving alone the whole way.

MaChu
05-26-2004, 05:27 PM
Sharpshooter-Great idea! Like one at the end of every month, rotating between major cities? Or every other month? Then major AO days 2 times a year? I know it sounds kinda ambitious, but it would be great for all of AO'ers to meet, know and practice with each other before major events like TexBall.

Ed-Good luck driving. Kinda mirrors what Im going to have to do. Except I have to do a 20hr drive to Virginia to pick up my sisters furniture next week since she is moving back :(

GT
05-26-2004, 05:27 PM
Hold the phone guys,

I thought I heard Curtis talk about a really cool field alittle further south that has been begging for an AO meet, X-ball Syle...... :cool:

GT
05-26-2004, 05:29 PM
Houston pball forums and talk to the tourney players on there to try to get them to join us.

I have given some thought to an H-town mini-meet. I just bought a nice "little" house to put some of our student AO members in....

Recon by Fire
05-26-2004, 08:34 PM
Hold the phone guys,

I thought I heard Curtis talk about a really cool field alittle further south that has been begging for an AO meet, X-ball Syle...... :cool:

Where is that???

Cryer
05-26-2004, 09:21 PM
Laredo. Animal paintball has a badass field supposedly. Brand new setup.

Pretty sweet from what Curtis was saying.

Cryer
05-26-2004, 09:31 PM
In Houston (at least on the Northwest) there is Tanks and PB USA. Both pretty decent fields, however neither of them hold a candle to Pettys, IMO

I'm not too familiar with any other fields down there... GT, what about farther south/east? Anything worth considering?

I'd definately be up for rotating cities... Seems fair for most. Either way, I'm almost the same distance from most places we could go to:)

So what fields do we have?

Houston:

Tanks
PBUSA

Austin:

Pettys

Dallas:

Ft Paintball (although, I'd rather try a different field in the DFW)

logamus
05-26-2004, 09:34 PM
dallas is getting a first class indoor facility to open in the extremly near future. air conditioned, has turf just like whats in texas stadium, fully netted xball field etc. dallas is not quite as central as austin, but i thought i would throw it in the mix.

gt, im a poor starving student, really. ;)

cryer, its good to hear you were not washed away in the great rains of 04!!

Cryer
05-26-2004, 09:40 PM
cryer, its good to hear you were not washed away in the great rains of 04!!
Oh, do I ever have a rant about that... :mad:
For another thread, tho :o

I would definately be interested in an indoor facility. I've played indoors once in pheonix, AZ, but that experience left quite a bit to be desired...

(Ed maybe you know it... the old Extreme pursuit warehouse. It sucked didnt it. Hear they got a new one?)

GoatBoy
05-26-2004, 10:07 PM
I've played at http://www.predatorpaintballpark.com/ in San Antonio before. Nice place; haven't seen their X-Ball field though. Now that I remember though, they only had 3k fills.

Recon by Fire
05-26-2004, 10:41 PM
What about the field they are having Bunkerfest at? (Krossfire Paintball).

http://www.apxseries.com/bunker_maps.html

Sharpshootertpg
05-27-2004, 12:35 PM
anywhere with a nice airball/xball field would be cool...post up if you know of any other awesome fields that haven't been listed.

edweird
05-27-2004, 01:30 PM
yeah I remember that place... infact that is where I bought my old minimag at. What a cesspool I swear.

logamus
05-27-2004, 01:57 PM
anywhere with a nice airball/xball field would be cool...post up if you know of any other awesome fields that haven't been listed.
im going to go by and check out a new outdoor place up around denton on monday. i will report my findings back.

Sharpshootertpg
05-27-2004, 02:48 PM
im going to go by and check out a new outdoor place up around denton on monday. i will report my findings back.

cool. let us know.

MaChu
05-27-2004, 03:08 PM
In the Dallas area Ive played at Official Paintball in Forney, Fort near Plano, FOTR in Ft.Worth, one in Mansfield, and thats about it. Official is pretty nice. They have alot of fields, good mix between woods, fort, and hyperball. Everyone knows about Fort, FOTR isn't good at all IMO< and Mansfield is a small field but a lot of tourney players show up there last time I remembered.

IMO Petty's still holds my vote.

GoatBoy
05-27-2004, 06:18 PM
Denton... gives me the jibblies.

Uh oh, here the come again...

a-jibbly jibbly.

MaChu
05-28-2004, 09:48 PM
Ok guys lets not let this die, we gotta make a decision. When and where?

Sharpshootertpg
05-28-2004, 10:10 PM
logamus, when will the dallas field be open?

i vote petty's or possibly this new dallas field for the first meet

logamus
06-01-2004, 08:47 PM
well i got tied up with other crap on monday and didnt make it out to this new field. however, i can report that it is not in the denton area as i earlier stated, but more in the fort paintball area. that field should be open late june/early july. as far as the new indoor field, im not sure. all i hear is the very vague "soon".

Sharpshootertpg
06-01-2004, 11:25 PM
then in that case, i say Petty's....we need to figure out a date...maybe call em up and see about getting a group discount...

just so yall know, Tanks pball in Katy, TX is having practices on an airball field once a month...they run it tourny style.....i believe it is free- you only pay for air and paint...for more info, go to www.paintballscene.com

MaChu
06-06-2004, 08:41 PM
I refuse to let this die! I don't want to come off as a prick but how bout Petty's on Saturday July 24. End of July, go tell people, who cares if we get a discount? Lets just play with mags in force and show those Timmy lovers how its done! :cool:

Sharpshootertpg
06-07-2004, 12:57 PM
hm...not sure if that day will work for me cuz i might be out of town...not realy sure yet...but if it doesnt yall feel free to go ahead and do it then..........a field here in college station, tx that completely sucked is under new management and they supposedly know what theyre doin...i have heard but am not positive that Tank (owner of Tanks Paintball in Katy, tx) is helpin em clean it up and get things goin in the right direction...theyre supposed to have an airball field and hyperball fields when they get finished...i will try to make a trip out there w/in this next week...if it looks like it will be a good place to have a meet, i will be sure to let yall know ;)

logamus
06-12-2004, 09:21 PM
I refuse to let this die! I don't want to come off as a prick but how bout Petty's on Saturday July 24. End of July, go tell people, who cares if we get a discount? Lets just play with mags in force and show those Timmy lovers how its done! :cool:

you know, not everyone on AO owns a mag. :ninja:

Sharpshootertpg
06-13-2004, 03:25 PM
you know, not everyone on AO owns a mag. :ninja:.........*cough cough* like me (adrenalin imp and z timmy)*cough cough*...whoops, did i actually say that?

i'm heading out to look at the field here in college station today or tomorrow...i will let yall know if it looks promising...

BuyMyMag
06-21-2005, 04:58 PM
Why oh why does it have to be on the fifth? I'm in houston, and I'm comin to Austin on july 18-25 for vacation/texas heat wave car show (my brother's truck is in it). Damn I wish I could make it.

postitnote
06-21-2005, 05:08 PM
Why oh why does it have to be on the fifth? I'm in houston, and I'm comin to Austin on july 18-25 for vacation/texas heat wave car show (my brother's truck is in it). Damn I wish I could make it.

This AO day was July 5, 2003...

I'm not sure if there is one scheduled in Austin for 2005.

yakitori
06-21-2005, 05:11 PM
haha, yep, gotta look at them dates ole chap. ;).

we did have an AO TX in waxahachie a while back. Not that many ppl turned out though.

BuyMyMag
06-21-2005, 05:22 PM
http://img26.echo.cx/img26/6695/runaway0ol.gif

do you know that I feel like the biggest idiot to ever roam AO???

God I'm stupid. HAVE AN AO DAY 05 IN AUSTIN PLEASE.

yakitori
06-22-2005, 10:10 PM
Id go.