PDA

View Full Version : I find myself waiting on the "FAST AND THE FURIOUS" of paintball movies

WicKeD_WaYz
04-15-2003, 12:36 AM
I was watching fast and the furious this evening and it got me thinking. After watching that movie tons of highschoolers all around the country went out spending money on cars trying to be like Vin Diesel. What if paintball pro's got together with big time movie makers and put together a movie that A) unlike other attempts at paintball movies, depicted what paintball was really like (maybe a movie about the whole tournement scene) and B) used safety gear such as masks and barrel plugs when needed and c) used brand name gear and not some made up fake stuff. And on top of that use GOOD actors and make the movie "glorify" paintball pros.

Think about the popularity that our sport would get from a movie like that.

joeyjoe367
04-15-2003, 03:05 AM
Yeah, but if you think about it: The Fast and the Furious wasn't even about Hot-Rods and ricers. It was about a gang of Truck-jackers and that undercover cop dude just happened to have to get into that scene in order find out what was going on.

I don't think you can fit *that* serious of a story line (even tho TF&F's Story was lame-o) into paintball. It's just not that kinda thing.

...You could have 'em runnin' around lookin' for kids who'd done a drive-by paintballing and have a "cop" go undercover in the tourny scene to find out who did it.. :rolleyes:

Another thing: Not everyone has to be real-into cars to see some sweet-rides and say "whoa" where as if your average-joe (hehe funny ha-ha) saw an E-Class Autococker, they probably would say "ok that's nice" and then move on. It's just not that impressive to non-paintballers.

If they got something working like that, it'd be cool tho.

Hucklbry
04-15-2003, 05:42 AM
Paintball is not really a spectator sport. You just have to get out there and do it to know the rush. Those of us who have don't need movies, and those that haven't wouldn't appreciate it.

saber_holder
04-15-2003, 06:27 AM
What ever happened to that movie "Speedball: The Movie" that was being planned? You can download the teaser trailer for it...

thecavemankevin
04-15-2003, 10:52 AM
ooo....heres a good idea for a story line for the paintball movie:

a young undercover cop get thrown into the harsh world of pro-paintball in order to stop a crime ring of ballers that do drive by's and the like to hyjac tuck shippments of whatever high priced items they can get by shooting paintballs at the windshield!

How does that sound?:)

WicKeD_WaYz
04-15-2003, 11:08 AM
how about a team of undercover cops that is hired to stake out the bushes next to tournement fields to stop the hidden "snipers".

The movie could be titled... "SALM"

.bolink
04-15-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by WicKeD_WaYz
how about a team of undercover cops that is hired to stake out the bushes next to tournement fields to stop the hidden "snipers".

The movie could be titled... "SALM"

LMAO

We have a little joke at our field and whenever someone goes shooting into the woods to test out their marker...we yell, "Hey! Stop shooting at Jeremy Salm!"

warpfeedmod
04-15-2003, 02:32 PM
How about a movie where an undercover cop goes in to foil a ring of peeps who are stealing gear and other expensive items at tourneys?

Miscue
04-15-2003, 02:34 PM
How about a cartoon about a polar bear who fixes paintball guns.

warpfeedmod
04-15-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Miscue

now I'd pay to see that :p

leopardhead
04-15-2003, 07:34 PM
we tried to capture all the paintball relaism and excitement in Spplat Attack.

we even had a big name actor and a big name PB pro (AGD).

AcemanPB
04-15-2003, 07:57 PM
Well honestly, I didn't like the Fast and the Furious, and many people I know who really tune Hondas and other cars for racing HATED the movie. Many people agree when I say it gave import tuners a bad name.

Lets go get some NAWS!!!

spantol
04-15-2003, 08:08 PM
Why would such a movie have to be associated with tournament paintball? It seems to me that if you want to make a movie that will bring people into the game, you'd want that movie to focus on the type of paintball these newcomers would be playing--good, old-fashioned rec ball.

Hmm. Look for a much more developed version of this post to be posted as a new thread later tonight. I've been looking for a new project...

TheJester
04-15-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Miscue

hey, i love those cartoons

einhander619
04-15-2003, 08:54 PM
fusion power = flatter trajectory. Didn't you learn that in physics? It's known as the "Shiny things & back block" theory.

But for the movie, you could have Jim Drew and Jeremy Salm as the bad guys! It is AO's mission to stop the spread of sheisty performance claims and poor sportsmanship through the paintball world.

Benfica4ever
04-15-2003, 10:04 PM
Or how about.........They just dont make a movie:D :D You really cant put a good story line on paintball.

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
04-15-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by AcemanPB
Well honestly, I didn't like the Fast and the Furious, and many people I know who really tune Hondas and other cars for racing HATED the movie. Many people agree when I say it gave import tuners a bad name.

Lets go get some NAWS!!!

Exactly...that movie is like a running joke in the import scene. There are so many inaccuracies in that movie it would irritate anyone that really does tune their cars. If they did a paintball movie like that it would do a lot to move the sport in the wrong direction as well as piss off a lot of people whom already do play the sport.

EsPo
04-16-2003, 08:26 AM
i was immediately thinking.. wow that movie would SUCK.. a bunch of people take tippys and spyders (civics/eclipses) and paint them funny color, put a small barrel on there (to make it reallly loud.. small barrel =muffler in movie.. made them sound like lawnmowers), then crank up the velocity and see who could shoot the farthest...;)

WicKeD_WaYz
04-16-2003, 01:48 PM
Some of you took me really literally when I said F&TF of paintball movies. What I meant was make a movie that makes it look like paintballers are all winning big cash in tourneys and all getting the girls:) (cuz u know we really DO get the girls ;) ) I dont know that thought just crossed my mind and I thought a big hit like that would draw a lot of new interest in the sport.

FutureMagOwner
04-16-2003, 02:14 PM
still youd have a bunch of newbies who want to "stick some whicket naws down that foo shizey gas line to the g slice and smack that foo down the field at 80000000 fps"

shade23
04-16-2003, 02:41 PM
I don't know about anybody else but I think it has some potential. maybe not the whole cop chasing criminals into the "paintball world", but still I know a team who's "how we came into existance" story would blow your mind.
Apparently this team got started off of stolen drug money (yeah I know thats not a good thing but hey, it might be an interesting start to a plot)