PDA

View Full Version : I Just got an AUTOMAG

HEADSHOT
04-15-2003, 01:14 AM
I got a used automag classic sidefeed off of e-bay, here is what it includes,

ACI thumb velocity adjuster with locking screw. ACI Sub Zero expantion chamber with Lapco adapter. Braided steal lines with quick disconnect. Foamless bolt. Two finger triger. Shark gil sight rail. Brass eagle red dot sight. chome adjustable drop forward with on/off. 12 OZ co2 tank with sholder cap. Finger groved grips.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Upgrades?
Downgrades?

-Erik:confused:

Cryer
04-15-2003, 02:31 AM
First off, Welcome to AO!
and congratulations on the purchase of your mag!
A few things to consider:
First, don't get any part of the valve/bolt/internals with anything other than AGD upgrades. (i.e. ANS phase 2) These parts offer no increased performance (in most cases, quite the opposite, in fact), void warranties, and could end up damgeing your marker. If you have questions regarding any upgrade you ever plan on purchasing, ask the rest of us on the forums. Together AO has experience with EVERY paintball product out there, and we're more than happy to share our opinions.:D;)
Second, get an HPA bottle instead of CO2 and the expansion chamber. Since co2 is a liquid and needs to expand, you suffer in efficiency and accuracy (to some degree) and if the liquid doesn't expand quickly enough, then the orings inside the valve will freeze, rendering your mag temporarily inoperable:(
Among the most popular upgrades are: the level 10 (eliminating chopped paint), the RT- or X-valves (faster recharging valves. Same product, except the X is aluminum and includes the level 10), and the Intelliframe (a double triger that can be wired to an Revolution loader to increase feed reliability).
As I mentioned earlier, information on these upgrades and more can be found all over the forums. Just search for them or ask us.
-James