PDA

View Full Version : Powerfeed body help

Syl
04-15-2003, 09:03 AM
Bare with me please.. Hope these explanation are clear enought.. Ok here goes I have and Old Syle RT and well the powerfeed points from bottow right to top left.. Wich send my hopper to the right on the marker. Well I shoot with my right hand.. So really I want to know... Can I cut down my powerfeed so the the hopper is more directly on the top of my marker instead of on the right hand side?? If So How much to cut off and will it affect performance in anyway???

Thanks guys...

TheTramp
04-15-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Syl
the powerfeed points from bottow right to top left.. Wich send my hopper to the right on the marker. Well I shoot with my right hand.. So really I want to know... Can I cut down my powerfeed so the the hopper is more directly on the top of my marker instead of on the right hand side?? If So How much to cut off and will it affect performance in anyway???

If the top of your powerfeed is on the left side of your body then you have a hopper left powerfeed body. This means that your hopper will be on the left side of the gun not the right. If you are right handed than this is the body you want. When shooting out the right side of a bunker your hopper should be mostly hidden.

Unless you are using a Halo, Warp, or possibly an Egg2 you don't want to cut down your powerfeed. Doing so will reduce its effectiveness and reduce your feed rate.

Syl
04-15-2003, 10:47 AM
The hopper is on the right hand side.. And im right handded and I find my hopper to be sticking out way to much when I play the right side of a bunker.. Anyway I want to know if I can do anything to fix this without changing my body or getting a warpfeed.. Im only using a 12v revy X Board

Thanks

Punkerx2
04-15-2003, 01:13 PM
yea you can cut it down a little bit but not too much, like 1/2 an inch or something. i also saw a thing where its like a 90 degree adapter for the body and turned it from a pf left to a pf right or vice versa, i dunno if it was custom work or if its something that a company makes...

ah heres the thread http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77055&highlight=90+body+adapter

i personally cant stand hopper left bodies... ive played with my h/r for so long, when i play with hopper left bodies it feels all off balance

Syl
04-16-2003, 08:30 AM
Yah I know what you mean Punkerx2 it felt all wrong.. Well I did it yesterday and well I used and plumbing pipe cuter (Old Mans a Plumber) and it looks awesome.. I tried it yesterday to see if I had any feeding problems.. It fed like a faucet... I will take pics as soon as I can borrow a Digi cam and post it up..

Thanks for help guys

TheTramp
04-16-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Syl
the powerfeed points from bottow right to top left.. Wich send my hopper to the right on the marker.

This discribes a hopper left body. That's where I didn't understand that you have a hopper right.

I agree, playing with a hopper right when you are right handed is tough. As you'll get tons of hopper hits since it sticks out so much.

After cutting it down I'd get L10 if you don't have it already.