PDA

View Full Version : How did You get into paintball?

Benfica4ever
04-15-2003, 10:41 AM
And what gun did you start with.I got started because a freind of mine had a spyder compact and i got trigger happy. So then i was hooked. I started out with a sting ray.

Jonesie
04-15-2003, 10:44 AM
I had a friend of mine take to an indoor place on their closing weekend. Field fee was free, CO2 was free, and it was BYOP. That was about 7 years ago. I bought his Tippmann SL68-II pump and had it until this past Christmas, until I sold it. We were shooting Sprots Authority Brass Eagle paint. Man, that sutff sucks! ;)

Later ~ Dave

Will Wood
04-15-2003, 10:48 AM
Me and a freind found some paintballs in my backyard. Talked to my dad about it, he found out our cousins had played before. They were coming down soon. We went online, ordered markers for each of us (Dad, brother, and myself). That order got messed up, so we went to wallmart and bought the BE stuff. Year later, I have a tippmann 98C. 2 Years later, I have a Automag. Year later, I have a Angel.

bunkermaster10
04-15-2003, 10:55 AM
Was walking around the local store ( Power Zone) and saw a few markers for sale and Me and my friend were like we should go paintballing some day. So about a week later I found out that their was a field really close by and got hooked since. I started out with a spyder compact and now I'm shooting a mag.

ReTro Boy
04-15-2003, 10:55 AM
My brother-in-law got the whole family hooked. Now we are all poor.

Tack
04-15-2003, 10:57 AM
Several of my friends were in to it, playing with BE guns in the woods behind eachother's houses. I was interested so I bought a friend's Talon, and went out at night in a field with several clumps of trees and some old demo dirby cars parked around it. We didn't even have goggles or masks of any type. It was night, so we taped flashlights on our guns. The only flash light I had was a 4cell police kell-light, I could also use it as a short stock, since it stuck off the back of the gun so far. After that I was hooked. About a month later my friends and I piled into one of their cars and decided to check out the only field in our area, we got there and were awed at everything we had been missing. I bought a tippman 98, and got a membership to the field. That was about 6 years ago. Been playing as much as I can ever since. Now I have a E-Mag, Warped Retro-Mag, C&C Angel, and an assortment of other guns.:D

Brak
04-15-2003, 11:08 AM
last summer my friends and i were all bored, so we decided to play paintball. we had been throwing around the idea for the past few years, but it was too expensive. but we all worked here and there and bought m98s and spyders, went into my friends back yard and played. i first used a borrowed stink-ray, then i bought a m98, and now i have a RT mag, hopefully a viking or angel next.

hey, your from bridgeport? im from fairfield, i basically live on the line. where do you play?

BobTheCow
04-15-2003, 11:21 AM
My friend had a couple talons, so I played once or twice with him/those... then the next summer my friend was tryin to get rid of his stingray, bought that from him... TRIED playing with it, it wouldn't even chrono, so my friend's dad basically bought me a joker on the spot right there. Then I got a tippy 98C, friend's dad inherited joker, and because of $$$ (or lack thereof) that's where I'm at right now.
PAINTBALL RULES!!!!!!

WickeDKlowN
04-15-2003, 11:26 AM
I had a tigershark(i think, the black BE pump, got it at a pawn shop) back in the day, hehe, that was before i even know people shot eachother with them. I just always saw them at Wal*Mart and thought they looked cool. So then i went online, and saw that people actually played with them. Then i got a Raptor, then a Mag, and now here i am...

*captain_cox*37
04-15-2003, 11:31 AM
My friends! Some of my friends would always talk about it and me and my other friend would always laugh cause we never understood what they were talking about! We thought it was so technical then!

Crighton
04-15-2003, 11:35 AM
A long long time ago my friends took me to a field. Played with a PGP. My first gun was a KP3 top of the line back in the day.

Russ
04-15-2003, 12:12 PM
I bought 2 spyder TL Plus packages (one for me, one for my kid) 2 years ago. the rest, as they say, is history...:cool:

boggerman
04-15-2003, 01:11 PM
Some of my friends and I used to play at an indoor place using rented splatmasters and then PGP's until that place went under(this was probably 12-13 years ago). Then we stopped playing since there was nowhere else to go. Then around June, 2001, a guy transferred into my department at work who was really into paintball, and he had rental equipment for 10 people. So, I gathered up 9 friends and we went and played up in the mountains in July '01 and by the next time we played in August, I had my first mag. I now have a warped LX Emag, a minimag, a cocker, and a Rebel LE(for a loaner). And I just sold that first mag to a buddy of mine, I let him borrow it one day and he had to have it. He traded the Rebel and $$$ for the mag.

Sorry this is kind of long, but you asked!:D

PzYcO
04-15-2003, 02:12 PM
boyscouts :o

Benfica4ever
04-15-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by WickeDKlowN
Then i got a Raptor, then a Mag, and now here i am...
Hey. I had a raptor and then got a mag...:D

TheJester
04-15-2003, 03:21 PM
my friend was sellin his tipmann 68 carbine to buy a cocker, so i bought it, and played, i was hooked, next thing i know i'm buyin a mag

*captain_cox*37
04-15-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by TheJester
my friend was sellin his tipmann 68 carbine to buy a cocker, so i bought it, and played, i was hooked, next thing i know i'm buyin a mag

Yeah that is how it goes. The first game I played I knew I would go home and get myself a cheap but decent gun. I got a shutter. I amtrying to sell my shutter now so I can get stuff for my mag.

Vex
04-15-2003, 03:39 PM
I started off with my buddy's Outlaw II pump gun--he graduated to a Patriot. Well, I played one stupid game with that Outlaw and said forget this! So I bought a Tippmann Pro-Lite and played with that beast exclusively for 4 years, then I bought my Minimag and have been playing with that for the past 6 years. I sold my Tippmann in 2000 for half of what I bought it for in '93--I thought that was pretty cool!

:D

Lee
04-15-2003, 03:48 PM
a buddy of mine at work slapped down an APG in front of me and said "lets go". he found a field a couple of weeks later. i went alone and the only other guy there was the field owner. we played some one on one w/ 12 gram nel spots (yes, i'm that old). i graduated to renting a kp 2 rifle w/ the old thermo valve 10 oz constant air tank. very very heavy.
i ended up as head judge and chief bottle washer/gopher and helped build his next field and more recently another one and was head ref there too.

first gun i owned was an annihilater with the old california set up...wire stock and thermovalved 10 oz ca tank. bought a pmi 3 (first version of the vm68), traded that and cash for a used mag, sold the mag when i quit playing. a buddy still has it and it's still running stgrong, serial number in the 9000's.
one of my first masks was the first thing AGD produced for paintball...the old black "jason" stlye face mask w/ uvex goggles.

i quit for a few years and got back into it last year. now i still have my annihilater and a pgp i bought years ago. also 3 pump mags and a nice retro in a pf bodyw/ level 10 and etc.

not going to quit again until you have to pry my cold, dead fingers away from the grips of my mag......