PDA

View Full Version : X-mag with Z-grip

frogkin
04-15-2003, 09:05 PM
I was thinking of getting a z-grip for a x-mag is it possible to put a z-grip on a x-mag and keep the same preformance level.

Dayspring
04-15-2003, 09:55 PM
Not going to work. There's too much fab work. The sear & solenoid positions aren't right. If it is possible, it'll come from AGD.

frogkin
04-15-2003, 10:13 PM
I heard that AGD could be coming out with a Z-grip intelliframe would this work with out reducing performance if they do come out with it.

Nobody077
04-15-2003, 11:26 PM
I think you could put a Z-grip on a X-mag but it would turn it into a Retro Mag with a nice body. You cant have z-grip and electro both.
If you want a aluminum mag with z-grip put together a ULE/X-valve/Z-grip MAG and save a few hundred bucks.

frogkin
04-16-2003, 06:34 PM
Do you know where I can get some info on making a Z-grip for my x-mag.

frogkin
04-16-2003, 09:49 PM
Can I still have the anti-chop ace board and vision eye if I build one from scratch.

Jonesie
04-17-2003, 07:53 AM
Do a search for Z-Grip and E-Mag and you should find a post from Tom explaining EXACTLY why this won't work. It has to do with the angles of the solenoid, sear, and sear pivot point in relationton to each other. With a Z-Grip, the solenoid would actually be pulling on the sear, instead of rocking it on it's pivot.

Here ya go:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2662&highlight=e%2Amag+z%2Agrip

Posted By AGD:
because of the pull angle of the solenoid a Z-Grip Emag is not really very doable. What I mean is the solenoid would have to angle forward and this would not be able to pull the trigger.