PDA

View Full Version : doc i think you know what im going to ask

TippmannMan
04-15-2003, 09:06 PM
i know its not your fault but are those mag adapters coming in any time soon? (again im not angry at you) this is ridiculous. i believe at the latest these adapters were supposed to be shipped to you sometime around the beginning of april. now its about a good two weeks into the month and have you even gotten an apology/update from them? sorry but if they dont come in by may im going to have to get me a ULE body instead.

ß.C.
04-15-2003, 09:44 PM
I know you mean no offense but did you PM him first? Also he's too busy laughing the them funny comics, geezs how do you concentrate in that kind of an atmosphere.

Doc Nickel
04-15-2003, 11:22 PM
Actually, the note I got from the shop this morning said "they're being deburred"- which means they're done and just being finished to remove sharp edges.

My contact was either out of the shop or busy when I called back, but I'll try again tomorrow (Wednesday.)

Yes, it has been considerably longer than I'd anticipated, but I get the impression this shop is very, very busy, and my little batch is a drop in the bucket compared to the people ordering 10,000 and even 50,000 parts.

But it's also a learning experience.

Doc.

rehme
04-16-2003, 08:24 AM
can you tell us how the ball detents work on it i am intressed

Duke Henry
04-16-2003, 07:28 PM
From the picture, you can't say for sure.

Obviously though, I don't see any o-rings or nubbins on it, so I would imagine that it will have some internal detent?

From the pic, I do see something that could be construed as a detent, but it is tough to see for sure.

http://www.docsmachine.com/galleries/magadapter2.jpg

The "screw" looking thing that sits "below" the feed port. It would work regardless of which way the powerfeed sits...

thecavemankevin
04-28-2003, 10:13 PM
i am interested too, i will definatly pic one up for my cocker scepter kit...

Any price range idea?

Duke Henry
05-05-2003, 05:38 PM
Any update Doc?

Doc Nickel
05-05-2003, 06:17 PM
Actually yes. I called the shop an hour ago, getting ready to chew somebody a fresh new output port, since I've been getting essentially the runaround for several weeks now.

It seems they had some small snafu with the barrel threads as they came out of the CNC. They apparently tried to clean them up a bit using a tap, but that didn't work. (Which I can understand; tapping a nearly-one-inch thread in 304 stainless isn't easy.)

So, long story short, they're running a fresh batch from scratch, and I've been promised that they'll be shipped out a week from this Friday. (Meaning the 16th, meaning in turn I'll have 'em- supposedly- in hand by about the 21st.)

So we'll see how that goes. Stand by.

Doc.

ex9066
05-05-2003, 08:41 PM
Hi.

Are these parts all pre-sold? Or can I still pick a couple up when you get them?

thanks...

Phu Le

Doc Nickel
05-05-2003, 09:36 PM
I have not yet presold a single one, nor do I intend to.

I'd prefer to have the bloody things in hand- and tested and fitted, since it's still entirely possible somebody moved a decimal or something- before I start taking cash for 'em.

It's easier to try and get it right the first time, than to do a recall/refit later.

Doc.