PDA

View Full Version : LPR's and stingrays...

-=Squid=-
04-15-2003, 09:34 PM
So here I am, working on thsi stingray (I added a universal barrel clamp system, and a .8 mm trigger pull WOOO WOO) and Im wondering if there is someway to mount an LPR, without it looking all goofy...any ideas? I need a detailed description if possible, I am going to the field this weekend and I will slap an LPR on it if I can get some good ideas.

BobTheCow
04-15-2003, 09:44 PM
omg I was just messin around w/ my ray today too, weird...

and HOLY CRAP how did you get the durn trigger pull so short??? Mine is painfully long and heavy... and sloppy, but that's a whole different story.

<i>Ignorance showing through:</i> what's LPR?????

-=Squid=-
04-15-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by BobTheCow63
omg I was just messin around w/ my ray today too, weird...

and HOLY CRAP how did you get the durn trigger pull so short??? Mine is painfully long and heavy... and sloppy, but that's a whole different story.

<i>Ignorance showing through:</i> what's LPR?????

ok, drill a whole in the grip from under the sear, and thread an allen screw into it, so you can shorten the sear big time, then put a long one behind the trigger as a stop, then put one through the top of the frame to press the trigger back. If you need more detailed explanation catch me on AIM. Also, an LPR is a low pressure reg, seen on cockers, imps, and a lot of other custom pieces.

BobTheCow
04-15-2003, 09:52 PM
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH gotcha... thanks.

And that's gonna be one helluva tricked ray!! Show us pics after its completion!!

-=Squid=-
04-15-2003, 09:56 PM
Ya, I had a thread before...pictures will be up, but its gonna be a while...im taking my time to make it super pimp. It wont truly be complete till there is an LPR somewhere on it!

am68leb
04-18-2003, 10:47 PM
Hey if you haven't figured out that LPR prob on the stingray i would sugest screwing one into the back and then running a remote to your HPA/co2. Also you could put a remote back to your tank but instead of putting it onto the tank tick it on the LPR and make a bracket for mounting the LPR and HPA/co2 to each other and running a macroline in between. Correct me if i'm way off the mark and thinking of something else.

folder504
04-18-2003, 11:00 PM
I love Stingrays!!!
http://forums.beog.org/ - The Brass Eagle Owners Group Forum
www.stinggroup.addr.com - Stingray Toters INternet Group

I have a Warp Feed on mine ( http://www.boomspeed.com/folder504/WarpRay3.jpg )

I did Quake's Ultimate trigger job on the STING page, and my trigger pull is 1/16" long, so you can get them pretty short. And to mount the LPR, you might want to take a LAPCO dual adapter ( http://www.countypaintball.com/product_description.asp?item=1672 ) and put a 90* elbow in the side hole, then put the LPR on the elbow. That would look quite clean. Also, you could get a 2-hole Mag vert adapter, and put the LPR on one of them. You'd probably have to make it a bottomline too, which you could do with an A-5 Universal Adapter ( http://www.countypaintball.com/product_description.asp?item=2454 ), which fits very well in a Stingray grip frame. What is the LPR for, are you gonna make it electropneumatic?

Mossman
04-19-2003, 12:01 AM
Sounds cool but for the LPR you need a gun design where the bolt force is seperate from the shooting force. In blowbacks they're 1 and the same, so theres no way to isolate the recock force and change the pressure of it.

Plus it's a spring that pushes the whole bolt/hammer assembly forward, adjusting the pressure wouldn't do anything even if it was possible, if you want to eliminate chops you have to get that spring as light as possible, and I don't think you can do that either.

Bed time

Ultimator
04-19-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Mossman
Sounds cool but for the LPR you need a gun design where the bolt force is seperate from the shooting force. In blowbacks they're 1 and the same, so theres no way to isolate the recock force and change the pressure of it.

Plus it's a spring that pushes the whole bolt/hammer assembly forward, adjusting the pressure wouldn't do anything even if it was possible, if you want to eliminate chops you have to get that spring as light as possible, and I don't think you can do that either.

Bed time He beat me to it.

Mossman
04-19-2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Ultimator
He beat me to it.

That's cuz I'm quick like a cat!