PDA

View Full Version : Regulator Seat, Does it matter?

Carbon Blue
04-16-2003, 02:46 AM
whats up you guys. I just replaced my regulator seat last friday so i could play last saturday. I just took out the old one through it out ( shoot one ball hot and the velocity drops) put a new one in oiled it up. The gun is shooting wonderfully again but I just read that the fat part is supposed to be facing the velocity adjuster. Now does it make a difference whether which side it should be facing?

cgrieves
04-16-2003, 03:30 AM
Yes, apparently it does make a difference. I've not tried it the wrong way round though so I can't tell you what would happen if you get it wrong. I guess if it works, don't fix it.... but keep an eye on the velocity.

Carbon Blue
04-16-2003, 03:35 AM
my velocity was jumping around kinda. either that or a little turn on the velocity adjuster makes a big difference!

cgrieves
04-16-2003, 04:35 AM
Try turning it around. The side that the regulator piston hits is the one that gets the most wear, so you should be fine flipping it over.

cphilip
04-16-2003, 08:38 AM
If it snaps into place and holds itself in then its in right. Use it that way. Does make a world of difference doesn't it? :)

Carbon Blue
04-16-2003, 12:11 PM
i dont have to buy another reg seat do i? i read that once you open that half up the regulator seat loses its seal :(. Oh should it snap on to the back half(byvelocity adjuster) or front half( towards the barrel) of the regulator body? thanks

Carbon Blue
04-16-2003, 01:42 PM
are there signs that would show if i installed the reg seat in the wrong way?

wyn1370
04-16-2003, 02:00 PM
The bigger end goes on the back half. This is where they are telling you it should snap into place. It won't necessary snap in and stay. My old mini will not hold a reg seat in place to save my life. As long as you have the bigger half pointing back you should be fine.

Carbon Blue
04-17-2003, 12:10 AM
thanks for the help you guys.

Good News: I flipped it over and it snapped in place and now i know which is which :)

Bad News: I need a new regulator seat because my 2 week old one feels the need to cheese out again. It shoots single shots just fine but when i get on the trigger it starts to choke (loss in velocity):(. But i ordered another regulator seat through the AGD online store :)