PDA

View Full Version : FYI: XMAG REVIEW at www.paintcheck.com

Jack & Coke
04-16-2003, 11:03 AM
This is FYI. I don't know how old this review is... I did a search on AO for www.paintcheck.com and did not find anything related to this review...

http://www.paintcheck.com/guns/XMag/xmag-sm.jpg

Official Paintcheck.com Test
Airgun Designs X-Mag (STAGE 1)

This ain't your dad's Automag... prepare yourself for the X-Mag!

Go here => http://www.paintcheck.com/guns/XMag/index.cfm

PsychoBaller
04-16-2003, 11:16 AM
AGD rolling over the competition once again....:D

cphilip
04-16-2003, 11:17 AM
That is Johns site. from Delaware.net that hosts our site.

Jonesie
04-16-2003, 11:29 AM
Pretty good review. Makes too many refrences about the Low Pressure hype, but whatever. :)

Later ~ Dave

joker4hire
04-16-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Jonesie
Pretty good review. Makes too many refrences about the Low Pressure hype, but whatever. :)

Later ~ Dave

The only thing that I remember that they said about low pressure was that "low pressure markers are much quiter than high pressure makers." Is this hype?... I really don't know, but I do know that low pressure markers are really loud when they dry fire, on the other hand really quiet when they shoot paint.

rehme
04-16-2003, 03:32 PM
they gave a good description of it

Jack & Coke
04-16-2003, 03:58 PM
From the review (http://www.paintcheck.com/guns/XMag/index.cfm)

...The Automag's high-pressure valve design has been AGD's achilles heel in this new era of low-pressure, quiet guns for the last few years...

"achilles heel" ??? :rolleyes:

Sparks
04-16-2003, 04:04 PM
my LX E-mag is pretty quiet with a 12" J&J ceramic. I'm interested to see how it sounds with my 16" boomstick once I get my ULE body.

joker4hire
04-16-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Jack & Coke

"achilles heel" ??? :rolleyes:

Well.. I think it actually has been.. atleast for the high end marker.

The market for the past few years for somereason or another leans torward low pressure (LP) markers... If you look at all the new high end markers that came out 1-3 years ago, which of them "market" that they are LP? Almost all I think.. And which are continuing to promote LP?

LP maybe hype, but if the market is already leaning towards it, I believe it is easier to make an LP marker for the market than it is to CHANGE the entire markets view about LP.

Something else to think about... If you have a 68/3k tank, andyour input is set to 1000 for the RT, you just made 1/3 of your tank useless.. maybe not all 1000 psi, but doesn't that seem wasteful?

Maybe AGD can make a marker that can run like the RT at 100 psi input pressure! that would be great, you can almost use all the air in your tank :)

DiRTyBuNNy
04-16-2003, 06:31 PM
at least "LX" got some love in there...hahahhahahahaha

Jack & Coke
04-16-2003, 07:28 PM
joker4hire,

"achilles heel" as it relates to marketing, hype, or popularity has nothing to do with performance and everything to do with uneducated perception.

The only true "achilles heel" is, as you mentioned, the total number of shots is reduced do to the required high input of 600-1000 psi.

Famous LP guns like the Matrix and the Shocker are horrible on gas.

How are other more refined LP systems like the Excalibur and the new SPEED on gas?

What's the least amount of air (volume) need to get a paintball up to 300 fps in 10-12 in. without distorting or breaking the shell?

joker4hire
04-16-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Jack & Coke
joker4hire,

"achilles heel" as it relates to marketing, hype, or popularity has nothing to do with performance and everything to do with uneducated perception.

The only true "achilles heel" is, as you mentioned, the total number of shots is reduced do to the required high input of 600-1000 psi.

Famous LP guns like the Matrix and the Shocker are horrible on gas.

How are other more refined LP systems like the Excalibur and the new SPEED on gas?

What's the least amount of air (volume) need to get a paintball up to 300 fps in 10-12 in. without distorting or breaking the shell?

I don't know the answers to your air smith/physics questions, but I believe they were talking about AGD's company proformance, not the marker's. AGD has been releasing a lot of new things, but he hype of LP seems to lessen it's potential (IMO).