PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade ????

kesner08
04-16-2003, 02:29 PM
I play a lot of woods games so i dont need an amazing ROF. I am looking for range and accurac, along with looks and quietness. I have a minmag with the following upgrades.....dye stainless, DF-4500 68ci, 12-hole valve mod (which i am extremely satisfied with), 12 hole venturi, also tweeked the trigger so its almost hair. Im thinking about experimenting with the bumber.......maybe making something out of dense felt to see if it can reduce the noise a bit. Any tips or ideas?............i also dont have hundreds of dollars to put into this thing. thanks.

Dayspring
04-16-2003, 02:34 PM
Range- every gun with a good paint to barrel match shooting at the same velocity will shoot the same distance.

Accuracy- that's paint to barrel match. A properly sized paintball to barrel will shoot better than one that doesn't fit.

What noise are we talking about? A mag with a non-stock barrel is actually very quiet compared to many guns.

As for tweaking the trigger, I'd be careful. There's a certain margin for error on that. Too long or too short and the gun may not fire reliably.

As for the valve & bolt- they really don't give you any performance gains. AGD parts (with the exception of barrels usually) are the best made. Aftermarket, non-AGD, parts don't usually give you any benefit and will just suck up your money.

the bumper idea sounds interesting. Just be sure that the thickness is the same as the stock bumper. Otherwise, the bolt may not seal in the powertube and you'll get leaks. (Which could be solved by powertube spacer changes)

kesner08
04-17-2003, 09:03 PM
Just an update........the faom bumper does work, but the sound reduction is negligable, and not worth the trouble of tweaking the powertube spacers............adios