PDA

View Full Version : Question on Dye barrels

FlipShot
04-16-2003, 05:02 PM
I'm either going with the 12" stainless or maybe even the 10" stainless, my question is, is there really any accuracy diffrerance between the 10 and 12 inch?? I know it sounds logical that the 12" would be more accurate but does anyone have any experience with them? and just to clarify, this is a post on the differance in accuracy between the two barrels, not which barrel I want, (I know someone was going to tell me to get a CP barrel ) any help is appriciated.

Load SM5
04-16-2003, 05:16 PM
There is no accuracy benefit with a 12" as opposed to a 10". It's all what you feel comfy with. Some people swear longer barrels are more accurate but that could be because some find them easier to sight down.

FlipShot
04-16-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5
Some people swear longer barrels are more accurate but that could be because some find them easier to sight down. yea, I allways thought this was the case. I'm a fan of the stubby's, have a 12" AA but want SS so why not go 10? less barrel to tuck. guess the answer is 10

Shawn at suny oswego
04-16-2003, 05:51 PM
this should help:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8958

Mav D MagMan
04-16-2003, 08:48 PM
Well I'm thinking that although there won't be a difference in accuracy (or range for that matter)

-You will probably find the 12" to be quieter (longer barrels tend to have more porting therefore more chance for the gas to escape)
-And that it will probably use a little more gas (no real big thing here).

I prefer the ten inch for small/concept fields (took keep my set-up as tight as possible) and in woodsball I enjoy a longer barrel that can reach through brush/cover easier. It all boils down to preference.

Mav

paint_munkey
04-16-2003, 10:09 PM
like load said, some people find it easier to be able to aim down the end of the barrel. however, the difference in accuracy will be pretty minimal.