PDA

View Full Version : What stuff should I buy w/ $400?

painball
04-16-2003, 05:42 PM
I have a tourney comin up on may 30. I still need some nicer goggles (pro-flex), pants, a pack, x-valve, intelliframe, and some other misc little things.

Now what should I get over something else. I am thinking everything except intelli. I could just out a double on my stock and get a trigger guard made.

I am tired so I probably didn't put enough info in

darklord
04-16-2003, 05:47 PM
As long as you have a thermal lens I see no need for new goggles. What's your CURRENT setup? For 400 you could probably do an x-valve, ULE body, a decent barrel, and an I-frame, and maybe even an eggII...

Tron
04-16-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by darklord
As long as you have a thermal lens I see no need for new goggles. What's your CURRENT setup? For 400 you could probably do an x-valve, ULE body, a decent barrel, and an I-frame, and maybe even an eggII...

Isn't the xvalve alone $300, then you got $165 or so for the ULE, $40+ for a barrel, $100+ for an I-Frame, and then add another $75 for an evo? You are looking at $700+ with shipping and or tax. I would get a Inteli and an XValve then go from there.

-Tron

SlipknotX556
04-16-2003, 05:58 PM
Get the proflex.

Get a redz 3.2 demension

Forget the X valve, for one tourny, you can be without it.

Get the intelliframe.

Also get some 140rd Fatboy pods, they are nice.

Curly
04-16-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by SlipknotX556
Also get some 140rd Fatboy pods, they are nice.

I conncur

But for the pack i would recomend an Extreme rage bullet paq.

darklord
04-16-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Tron

Isn't the xvalve alone $300, then you got $165 or so for the ULE, $40+ for a barrel, $100+ for an I-Frame, and then add another $75 for an evo? You are looking at $700+ with shipping and or tax. I would get a Inteli and an XValve then go from there.

-Tron I expected he already had a valve, for the trade in, so that's only 225. Add 145 for the ULE and that's only 370. A barrel would be only like 25 bucks, I know where to get a J&J ceramic for like 20 or 25. That comes out under 400 bucks. If you don't have a thermal lens, I'd get that. And because of the limited budget, this would probably be more feasible: intelliframe, I'm sure you can find for like $85 on the classifieds... then go with a flex, a redz 3.2 dimension, and then use the rest of your cash for a level 10 possibly or a fast hopper. You could fit a ULE in there too I'd imagine.

painball
04-16-2003, 08:27 PM
yea I already have a classic. I really want the x-valve tho so I'm probably goin with it over intelli. I mean how bad could a modified double stock trigger be compared to an intelli?

rehme
04-16-2003, 09:56 PM
i would go with the intelliframe first then pay for my tourney and see what i would have left after that

Mossman
04-16-2003, 10:53 PM
I'd trade your Classic valve and like 160 for a RT valve with Level 10 (there was someone who offered this earlier today, so its do-able).

Then get an Intelli for like 100.

Get a decent mask or a thermal lense for your mask (15 for lense, 45 for a mask)

save the pants for later

get an eggo2 for 65

Get a ronin 4v pack or something for 30.

LittMag
04-17-2003, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by painball
yea I already have a classic. I really want the x-valve tho so I'm probably goin with it over intelli. I mean how bad could a modified double stock trigger be compared to an intelli?

Trust me, I have both, it really is like night and day. Also w/ a double trigger stuck on a stock frame, you may need to adjust your trigger rod length (yeah I know... the cardinal sin). The feel of an I-Frame is so much cleaner than that of a stock double trigger. I would go with the x-valve, I-frame and pack.

painball
04-17-2003, 06:51 PM
ok im really thinking about that i fram and x-valve. But what kinda of pants (other than pball pants work best? jeans?

LittMag
04-17-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by painball
ok im really thinking about that i fram and x-valve. But what kinda of pants (other than pball pants work best? jeans?

I find BDUs (the army camo pants) work best, and best of all, they're cheap at army surplus stores. But some people don't like the look.