PDA

View Full Version : Anno question

gophermcse
04-16-2003, 07:08 PM
I have recently endeavored to learn the art of anno. I have gotten some pretty good results on single color anno so far but have yet to figure out how to get a good fade. Right now I'm contemplating airbrushing dye onto the porous anno surface. I have read in a couple of places that you can dye the part and then use a weak bleach solution to leach the color off of the part you want faded. Anyway, this board has always impressed me with its mostly accurate and friendly attitude, so I put the question to the masses and see what turns up.

Blazingace
04-17-2003, 11:27 AM
I don't know a thing about Anno. But I will give this and UP so someone more knowledgeable may read it an answer.

nippinout
04-18-2003, 07:00 AM
From other people's experience, ano done at home is very expensive and very frustrating.

Single colors CAN be done but beyond that it gets a lot more difficult.

Single color fades are done by immersing the part so that the section that is in the dye first stays in longer than the last section that goes into the dye tank.

Good luck!

gophermcse
04-19-2003, 09:09 AM
While doing the dye dipping slow process I end up with a line not the smooth fade that I was looking for. As for single color, I got that going good. :D

http://www.kirc.net/pl-barrel.jpg

As you know, currently nobody sells a colored Powerlyte kit that I know of.