PDA

View Full Version : N2 question

EsabaMag
04-16-2003, 08:56 PM
ok i'm sure this thread has gone up a gazillion times, but i'm new....any hoot..... i'm looking at getting an air system for my mag (yes unfortunley i'm still using co2 :( )

i was looking at the pure energy system by PMI and i am trying to get feed back on if anyone has used them, or no of any pros or cons....on generaly recomend a different setup.

thanx

Load SM5
04-16-2003, 09:03 PM
If your going for a low cost preset either crossfire or PMI are both good. Crossfire is supposed to be slightly better in the no drop of category, but my back-up PMI has gotten me through a few tourneys without a hitch. You'd be fine with either.

TheJester
04-16-2003, 09:03 PM
get a crossfire. you'll get the most bang for your buck i get my mag shooting +/- 4 fps at the most w/ it

Me
04-16-2003, 09:06 PM
go with the crossfire
i had a PE and the reg unscrewed from the tank, and it could have caused some major damage

kenny45749
04-16-2003, 09:08 PM
I used a pre-set pure energy on another gun I had and it was cool. Yeah your right, this kind of question is asked alot around here. I would tell you to just read some reviews(pbreview is pretty good for a start), figure out what you want out of a nitro system and get the one that seems right. If that isnt enough, I am sure us here on AO would be happy to rant about our current set ups:) .

heftylefty
04-16-2003, 09:09 PM
i dont know much about the pmi or crossfire, but i used to have a centerflag 420 series and it was one of the lightest n2 tanks ive ever felt. one problem with the centerflag reg is that it is aluminum and the threads will go weak over time. but if your concerned about the weight, ill go with the centerflag hyperflow, but the corssfire and pmi tanks are great quality also.

paint_munkey
04-16-2003, 10:03 PM
my first hpa tank was a pmi, and it did it's job reasonably well.
however, i have heard very good things about the crossfire pre-sets.

Russ
04-16-2003, 10:29 PM
I had a 3000psi PMI, and we got a 4500psi PMI around here now. They have both performed flawlessly, No shootdown w/the 4500 tank, while wailing away with the E-Matrix :)

I have no experience with Crossfire tanks...

Air America is selling their "The Reg" screw in 4500 tanks for like $200. lifetime guarantee, too.

Hucklbry
04-16-2003, 11:10 PM
I have a crossfire 72ci/4500 and it is a great tank. Not too big, but holds plenty of air. The only problem I have run into is that no one makes a cover for it yet. At least I haven't been able to find one. As far as the regulator check out:

http://www.crossfireinc.com/news_videomain.asp

Sorry, it's not my fault they didn't us a mag for the demo.

JAM
04-17-2003, 08:21 AM
I have a 68/4500 pure energy and have had nothing but good experiences with it.

cannibal ox
04-17-2003, 08:33 PM
I have a pmi 4500 and my reg (top half) unscrewed from the tank. I also had a problem with it leaking under 500 psi so pmi sent me a new oring and pin. but im not too crazy about using it again as the top half of the reg is only held in with tiny set screws that dont look like they will hold once put back together and put to the rigors of a days/seasons play. im kind of pissed about it too.

Me
04-18-2003, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by cannibal ox
I have a pmi 4500 and my reg (top half) unscrewed from the tank. I also had a problem with it leaking under 500 psi so pmi sent me a new oring and pin. but im not too crazy about using it again as the top half of the reg is only held in with tiny set screws that dont look like they will hold once put back together and put to the rigors of a days/seasons play. im kind of pissed about it too.

this is what happend to me. and this is why we should all never touch pmi stuff again. thats very dangerous. I had my local store red loctite it

Hunter
04-18-2003, 12:24 PM
crossfire tanks screwed up my threads in my drop, dont get one, go with pmi