PDA

View Full Version : ULE Data...(ramblings)

Russ
04-17-2003, 04:50 PM
I received my Black ULE mainbody Monday (14th). It has the O-ring under the detent, and it works just fine. Highly recommended upgrade :D

The ULE mainbody weighs just a snooch under 4oz's (112.6 grams)

My E-Mag H/L mainbody, with an Armson elbow & the powerfeed plug weighs in at 8.7oz's (246gr)

The ULE body saves me 4.7oz's of weight. AND lets the HALO I'm using sit about 1" lower (I had already cut .700" off my powerfeed tube) and on the centerline of the gun. Nice :cool:

To remove the barrel twist-lock assembly, I first removed the set-screw (it's Lok-Tited), then the spring & plunger. I then screwed a 10-32 screw into the hole. I placed the body rail on a piece of steel with a hole in it, placing the hole below the twist-lock. The hole allows it to be driven fully out of the frame rail. I then beat the twist-lock out of the rail by tapping on the inserted screw, so as not to damage the twist-lock.

HALO feed neck, I turned it down to 1.035" in diameter. It's a very snug fit in the ULE's feed tube.

I realize this is all just some ULE rambling, but I hope it may provide someone with some useful info ;)

pics forthcoming...

askman
04-17-2003, 05:01 PM
I figured that I saved over 8 oz with my setup. I got ULE body, milled rail (saved about 3oz, not as much as ULE Rail, but it did not cost me anything), and xvalve. Mine is setup with warp using ptp adapter. I like it.

Blennidae
04-17-2003, 06:08 PM
I received my black one today. It also had the o-ring (just one) on the detent. I had no problems with my level 10 catching on anything. My 12v revy fits very snugly in the feed neck. So tight that when I was trying to remove it, it stated to unscrew the feed neck from the body.

rehme
04-17-2003, 06:31 PM
you might want to put some locktight on your vert feed because i had my halo on a defiant and it stripped the threads out so watch out how snug you have your hopper

EsPo
04-17-2003, 07:34 PM
is it on the tequilla sunrise E? i wanna see this thing, whens the next time your going to hogans,ill be there this saturday.

Russ
04-17-2003, 08:08 PM
Espo, yes, it's on the "E" I got black back/red tipped CP barrels as well. Me & my kid switched the bottles on the air systems...I got the long "88"" now. It looks a bit goofy, BUT I like where the gun sits on my shoulder, plus when we can only get 3000psi fills, I have plenty of air for all the paint I carry (700+)

Don't know when I'll be back @ Hogan's, you going to AO-NE next week?

EsPo
04-17-2003, 08:32 PM
its a possibility that i can make it to AO NE day.. probably not to good chances.

id probably rather have a longer 88 with a medium sized drop than a 68. I dont use a drop on my 68, and im a small dude, but i still manage to get it nice and tight.

Blazestorm
04-17-2003, 10:43 PM
my friends retro-mag weighs 2 pounds 4 oz my cocker is 3 pounds 2 oz.

but he has a ule body, retro-valve, eclipse bodyrail, eclipse foregrip, dye drop, dye asa, intelliframe.

With revy and tank it weighs a tad over 6 pounds...and the tank weighs more than the gun itself... 88/3295 weighs 2 pounds 8 oz.

my cocker was somewhere around 6 pounds 8 oz. with eggy 2 and 45/45.

My cocker is very light but his mag was lighter :)