PDA

View Full Version : first baseball practice....

EsPo
04-17-2003, 09:27 PM
well, i had my first baseball practice of the year today.
let me start off by saying that im normally really good at baseball, it just.. just read
Problem #1- It was COOLD! i am usually excellent at baseball, but i have something about the cold, and i suck super bad when its cold out, especially this cold

Problem #2- The catcher... i mistook the catcher for Rodney Dangerfield...he could NOT shut his mouth the ENTIRE freaking time. And everything that came out of his mouth was either an insult or a nasty comment. i was ready to turn around and smack him as hard as i could in the head with the bat...

Problem #3- Stingers. if you have EVER played baseball in the cold than you know what stingers are.. when its this cold out, you get one stinger and your pretty much done(well, i am.. go ahead call me a wus or whatever). and i got a stinger the first damn pitch.. ugh.

Problem #4- paintball n00bs.. yes thats right, they were super newbs. These 2 kids on my team got matching black magics..sigh..and i asked them what kinda aftermarket stuff they were going to get. they both said, just a 32* whisper barrel, they are awesome, and with the black magic, they will shoot farther and quieter than any gun on the market. I walked away...quickly.. didnt want to start an argument. I later over heard them talking about how the A-5 has the fastest feeding system on the market.. even later i heard them saying "the DYE INVASION (invision...)throws your voice!!" i cant take it.

Between Rodney Dangerfield (catcher) the cold, and the stingers... i had a pretty bad day.

[/rant]

yeahthatsme
04-17-2003, 09:29 PM
lol espo...atleast your doing SOMETHING.... i just played dance dance revolution and computer games for like...4 hours...

paint_munkey
04-17-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by EsPo
Problem #4- paintball n00bs.. yes thats right, they were super newbs. These 2 kids on my team got matching black magics..sigh..and i asked them what kinda aftermarket stuff they were going to get. they both said, just a 32* whisper barrel, they are awesome, and with the black magic, they will shoot farther and quieter than any gun on the market. I walked away...quickly.. didnt want to start an argument. I later over heard them talking about how the A-5 has the fastest feeding system on the market.. even later i heard them saying "the DYE INVASION (invision...)throws your voice!!" i cant take it.
[/rant]

lol. i would've pegged them.

Remington
04-17-2003, 09:36 PM
Heh, you're starting baseball now?! We started back in the beginning of March. Hell, we've already played 5 games and are 3-2. Funny story about the paintball newbs; doesn't sound like you know many people from your team? Anyway. Good luck this season!

EsPo
04-17-2003, 09:38 PM
remington- i dont really .. know.. anybody at all.. thats fine though, i can still have fun alone.

i had the chance to play the school team, i was pretty much guaranteed a spot there, but im not to into school sports.. to many people/too much politics involved. they started a while ago as well.

paint_munkey- mind you im about 1/2 the size of all these kids..

slateman
04-17-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by EsPo
Problem #2- The catcher... i mistook the catcher for Rodney Dangerfield...he could NOT shut his mouth the ENTIRE freaking time. And everything that came out of his mouth was either an insult or a nasty comment. i was ready to turn around and smack him as hard as i could in the head with the bat...

Problem #3- Stingers. if you have EVER played baseball in the cold than you know what stingers are.. when its this cold out, you get one stinger and your pretty much done(well, i am.. go ahead call me a wus or whatever). and i got a stinger the first damn pitch.. ugh. [/rant]

Catchers always have big mouths. I haven't figuredd out why yet though...

Anyway, are you seroius about the stingers? OMG you ARE a wuss!! All you do is shake you hand a little and take a few practice swings and suck it up. Kids these days...:rolleyes:

:D

EsPo
04-17-2003, 10:01 PM
ahh.. there enlies teh problem.. i couldnt FEEL MY DAMN HAND!..as of right now, i still cant open my hand up all the way without feeling a pain in the middle of my palm

Jonesie
04-18-2003, 09:22 AM
Dude, the catcher did exactly what he was supposed to do. Mess with your head. They're coached to do it. The best remedy is to harass right back!

When you step up to bat, if he makes a crack, make one about his mom. Or why he's called a 'catcher' ;) If he doesn't leave you alone after that, at least you will 1) have gotten into his head, or 2) eased your mind by playing back.

Remember it's all a pshyc game. Why let him have all the fun? :)

Also, I was in my local shop, and the guy working was talking to me about my 10" barrel and said something about longer barrels shooting farther. I left just it alone. :rolleyes:

Later ~ Dave

Darkling
04-18-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Remington
Heh, you're starting baseball now?! We started back in the beginning of March. Hell, we've already played 5 games and are 3-2.

You guys are just starting now? Damn, we've been playing since January. lol, our season is almost over. We have like 2 games left and then the district tournament and were done. Oh, and Espo, I don't want to hear you complain about stingers, lol. I was playing in december batting againt one of the top pitchers in the county (he throws 90+) and I got a nasty stinger. So nasty that the bat (a metal bat, mind you) cracked in half and the top part went flying out. That hurt like hell, lol. Good luck in your season man.

darkling

EsPo
04-18-2003, 10:53 AM
bah.. darkling, you dont know what cold is buddy. it was below 30 at the time.

that does sound like one badarse stinger though.. damn.

BobTheCow
04-18-2003, 11:31 AM
aaah, I remember my baseball days... sometimes I still wonder why I ever stopped playing. And then I see a thread like this!! :D

Brak
04-18-2003, 04:39 PM
well most of those problems will go away, and just show those noobs who the boss is at the field and watch them get their asses whooped (BY ME! now i can probably beat them!). as for rodney behind the plate, if he really gets to you, after you swing (assuming your a righty), let go with your right hand and let the bat nail him in the head, just to shake him up a bit and tell him not to mess with you

Darkling
04-19-2003, 09:28 AM
Nah, the best way is just to hit a bomb and when you get back to the plate after rounding that bases, make some comment back to him (basically, talk crap back to him)