PDA

View Full Version : 2nd gen Side Feed System

backtrack2pb
04-18-2003, 03:00 AM
One emag, with batteries, solonoids, bolts, springs and assorted moving parts, plus one warp feed with spinning discs, batteries, electric motors, gears and a 12v Revvy with it's own batteries, motor, blades, gears and electronic eye is pushing the limit of complexity that I'm willing to carry out onto the paintball field. I know a lot of people who say that this stuff is very reliable, reliable enough that you won't have to worry about it during a game. Did I mention the fact that it's ugly? The automag would be a good platform to build a complete marker system around, a marker that has it's own tank, paintball storage well with force feed system, internal rechargable batteries and the mechanical workings of the gun itself. It would make a very streamlined package that would be easy to handle, ambidextrous and tournament ready out of the box. Not to mention a lower profile with less sharp edges for incoming paint to break on. Excess material could be eliminated, the package lightened, storage capacity could be increased from 200 to 300 rounds or more and I imagine it would be almost as comfortable to shoulder as an AR-15 or other such rifle. What's the downside? Plus, it would eliminate all the seperate systems what you would have to normally depend on and create a package that was mated from the factory.