PDA

View Full Version : I Pulled the Biggest "DUH!" Last Night...

Vex
04-18-2003, 10:52 AM
I decided to change out the parts in my MM valve just because it's been awhile since it was done. So after I get my valve and gun back together, I gas it up, and it's leaking like a cracked dam out the power tube! So I take the whole thing apart and make sure that everything was put in correctly and try again--Same thing happens!
Now I'm thinking that maybe I screwed something up, so I decide to put the old o-rings back in and see if that helps; however, as soon as I break down my gun, I notice that I didn't put the bolt back in...:eek:

Boy, did I feel like a dolt...

I just had to share my stupidity with AO!

Jonesie
04-18-2003, 11:13 AM
That may be the dumbest thing I've ever heard of... ;)

Just Kiddin'! :)

paint_munkey
04-18-2003, 11:19 AM
lol. hey, at least you had the guts to post it :eek:

rehme
04-18-2003, 11:30 AM
lol are you going crazy!!!:D

Blazestorm
04-19-2003, 12:32 AM
ahahahahahaha sorry but that is the funniest thing I've heard of...

I remember when I forgot to put my lug back into my cocker... hahaha... that sucked... I tried screwing my cockign rod in abnd it didn't work... I was so confused.

Or when I put my spyder together without the valve pin... ahahah the entire thing wasa friggen ice cube.

Carbon Blue
04-19-2003, 12:57 AM
lol
i forgot to put the field strip pin (the one that connects from the bottom of the gun into the bolt) and fired her and the bolt would stick leaking out massive amounts of air. So i realized i forgot to and put it back in and all was well :)

tmnothing
04-19-2003, 09:57 AM
when i was installing my level 10 i was starting to get frustrated at one point when i was trying out carriers and shims and i just could NOT get it to stop leaking. finally, i realized that i had been forgetting to screw on the new powertube tip. i felt pretty dumb after that.