PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't NPBS sell mags?

Big'n slo
04-18-2003, 11:22 AM
I'm just getting back into the PB scene and decided to see what NPB had for mags, they had some new parts but no guns. When I asked the kids behind the counter they were kinda surprised I actually had a mag!? Seemed kinda strange that they didn't have any Emags or X's on the wall.
Do they not deal with AGD anymore?

I bought my original mag from Gino back when he was Gino's paintball in a two room store next to the ol' ice cream shop. Actually I went to high school with him and his younger sister a long...long time ago.

Anyone know what the deal is?

FalconGuy016
04-18-2003, 11:48 AM
I have no idea.
Glad you are getting back into paintball though :)

Big'n slo
04-18-2003, 11:52 AM
I'm basically just playing in the woods a little, I'm having more fun tinkering with my guns than anything else. Its a lot more fun with a steady income:p

FalconGuy016
04-18-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Big'n slo
steady income:p AGREED :)

BobTheCow
04-18-2003, 12:08 PM
Its a lot more fun with a steady income:p
*sigh* I wouldn't really know...

Mango
04-18-2003, 12:26 PM
Hey Big'n'slo,

There is a large South Jesey AO contingency, so welcome to the club!! I too bought my first mag from Gino's place way back when it was in the tiny store. I've heard rumors as to why they don't carry them, but nothing has been substantiated.

Anyway, Welcome back to Paintball!

Big'n slo
04-18-2003, 12:29 PM
Your in the W.T.P.D?

I work in Winslow for Churchill Consulting Eng. Small world, thanks for the welcome.

Mango
04-18-2003, 12:34 PM
haha no way! :) yes small World! I just got hired at Winslow, I'm still in the Police Academy at Camden County College. :D We'll have to meet up and play sometime.

Big'n slo
04-18-2003, 12:36 PM
I used to play at Picasso (sp?) lake all the time, now I see Atco raceways got a setup, have to try that out.

StygShore
04-18-2003, 12:51 PM
A LOT of stores just don't carry AGD and mag stuff anymore.

I called 5 local shops and asked for a vertical adapter, or a sear pin. Not a single one of them had any. 2 stores did not have a single solitary part for a mag. Killer Paintball in Michigan is the only one that claims to have Mag parts, and they still have limited stock.

and even further, 1 store told me the mags are a dying breed, and another told me that AGD and the automag are done unless they come up with a completely new design and gun that blows the competition away.

I quote the punk behind the counter : " Mags are dead, nobody uses them anymore. They shoot she same sh##ty way now that they did 8 years ago when I first had one..." then went into some more expletives about mags and lvl 10 and such ( great business demeanor ) Obviously... I won't be going back into that store again, nor recommending it to anyone else.

I guess us mag owners are a special breed :) we like to take the US made mechanical beasts out to the field and show the "rice burners" and electros what the game is all about.

Styg

Big'n slo
04-18-2003, 01:18 PM
Something about simplicity kicking technology's butt gets me going. I'm thinking that most stores don't carry AGD because of a lack of advertising. Kids only want what they see or what looks "cool" which would naturally draw them to the annoed, chrome, flashy, highly complex guns. ( I admit, I like chrome :D ) Plus the big advertising brings the $ in for the stores.

Whatever the case may be, I'll stick with what I know.

AGD
04-18-2003, 01:59 PM
National Paintball has all our stuff in the back room. Tell the nerds at the counter to go in the back and look.

AGD

BobTheCow
04-18-2003, 02:07 PM
*SMACK!!*
yay for mags!!

Big'n slo
04-18-2003, 02:16 PM
Next time I visit I'll mag-whip'm!
Guess I'll have to ask and see if they have an Emag I can take a peek at.

Mango
04-18-2003, 02:44 PM
Big'n'slo,

Forget NPBS, go to OTS in Lindenwold, on the White Horse Pike. Walt and the guys there are cool. They have most of AGD's products (even though they are mostly Angel/Cocker shooters). They have E-mags there on display.

It's right in front of La Martinique bowling alley, if you know where that is. Thier prices are good on markers (kind of high for the clothing though). Paint prices there are fair.

Big'n slo
04-18-2003, 02:57 PM
I'm gonna head over right now and check it out. Gotta get my tank filled anyway.

wobbles82
04-18-2003, 03:05 PM
Yes, OTS has really awesome service, and their team really knows what they are doing. I got my new drop put on my RTX the other day there; If ya ever need service, ask Marty, best tech I ever met. (Too bad OTS has mags but just dont shoot em..the pity,)

wyn1370
04-18-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by StygShore
A LOT of stores just don't carry AGD and mag stuff anymore.

I called 5 local shops and asked for a vertical adapter, or a sear pin. Not a single one of them had any. 2 stores did not have a single solitary part for a mag. Killer Paintball in Michigan is the only one that claims to have Mag parts, and they still have limited stock.

and even further, 1 store told me the mags are a dying breed, and another told me that AGD and the automag are done unless they come up with a completely new design and gun that blows the competition away.

I quote the punk behind the counter : " Mags are dead, nobody uses them anymore. They shoot she same sh##ty way now that they did 8 years ago when I first had one..." then went into some more expletives about mags and lvl 10 and such ( great business demeanor ) Obviously... I won't be going back into that store again, nor recommending it to anyone else.

I guess us mag owners are a special breed :) we like to take the US made mechanical beasts out to the field and show the "rice burners" and electros what the game is all about.

Styg
You must be talking about exotic. I go up there all the time. I actually get a lot of free air from them. It's true they don't sell any mag stuff, but I just showed them my ULE bodied retro and they where quite impressed. I bought my first mini from them back when they where splatz.

StygShore
04-18-2003, 03:41 PM
Yeah, they dont have many parts at Exotic, they just dont stock much of that stuff in the Waterford store, they have much more up in Pinckney.

Extreme was the one that bad mounthed the mag, never been a big fan of that place. They are opening a paintball field inside the Pontiac Mall though.

Wyn- Where do you normally play at? Where you at in Waterford? PM me

Styg

Mango
04-18-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by wobbles82
Yes, OTS has really awesome service, and their team really knows what they are doing. I got my new drop put on my RTX the other day there; If ya ever need service, ask Marty, best tech I ever met. (Too bad OTS has mags but just dont shoot em..the pity,)

You live in Hoboken or go to school there? I LOVE Hoboken! My buddy goes to Stevens. Washington St. is so great!! So many fine ladies up there teehee. The "sophisticated" type. :p

Kevmaster
04-18-2003, 04:22 PM
I guess I wont go into my reasons why NPS doesnt sell Mags (although htey do) because you know Gino...hehe

Big'n slo
04-18-2003, 05:19 PM
Yeah.... I know Gino, that ain't saying much...

Anyways, just got back from OTS and they're kinda $$ and didn't have much in the way of parts for a mag but they at least knew what I was talking about. And that Emag on the wall... droool....

Off topic: My bike insurance just went up $800 !!!? and thats with a $650 good driver discount!?

wobbles82
04-18-2003, 06:38 PM
Yea they have the markers and all at OTS but only carry a few things as of parts, but hey...they are the only store ive ever seen carry a line of Intelliframes and Retro Valves on hand, they can get anything within a few days too. Anyways, nah I dont live in Hoboken, I live in Runnemede, New Jersey, which is very close to all the fields and such. Hoboken is a suite place though man, wish I lived there, has a sorta...ring to it, HO-BO-KEN!

1stdeadeye
04-18-2003, 06:59 PM
I'm just getting back into the PB scene and decided to see what NPB had for mags, they had some new parts but no guns. When I asked the kids behind the counter they were kinda surprised I actually had a mag!? Seemed kinda strange that they didn't have any Emags or X's on the wall.
Do they not deal with AGD anymore?

I bought my original mag from Gino back when he was Gino's paintball in a two room store next to the ol' ice cream shop. Actually I went to high school with him and his younger sister a long...long time ago.

Anyone know what the deal is?

I go there all the time. I live in Pitman 2 seconds away. I am pretty tight with Jared. They sell anything you could want for a mag. They have parts, barrels,repair kits, Warp Feeds, and of course markers. They have no X-Mags now, but who does?

Why are they not on the display wall? Well, they do have an R/T on display. As for E-Mags, Two of my teamates bought their Emags there. Look at the wall carefully next time. See any Angels? See any Matrixes? See any Inpulses? Their display wall contains crap guns and their own products! The only high end gun they display is the Timmy. They sell all the others, you just have to ask for them. When I asked about this, the reason is that all of their higher end guns are kept in the warehouse for security. Most of the Guns on the display wall don't work and have been canabalized for parts.

NPS has the best prices in South Jersey and if you get to know them, they'll take awesome care of you. Heck Jared fixed my R/T last summer. Also bought my Warp feed there! They have a ton of AGD stuff, you just have to ask for it. Remember, if you go into a good cigar shop, they are not going to have their Cubans right in front of you. You have to ASK for the goodstuff!

Kevmaster
04-18-2003, 08:39 PM
Yeah.... I know Gino, that ain't saying much...

So you DONT mind me insulting him and his company? if you want my opinion, i cant give it here.....sorry

Big'n slo
04-18-2003, 11:52 PM
Good point, they did have all the parts for my mags. I did ask if they had any mags (on the wall) guess I should have been a little more specific. They were plenty helpful.

Kev, I've heard a lot of things about Gino since my high school days. Not many have been positive, although you have to admit he's got one heck of a buisness connection ;)

I'll have to practice a little then maybe meet some of the SJ AO. BTW, 1stdeadeye, I'm in your backyard (Ewan)

1stdeadeye
04-19-2003, 04:19 AM
Good point, they did have all the parts for my mags. I did ask if they had any mags (on the wall) guess I should have been a little more specific. They were plenty helpful.

They always are. The reason for all of the High End guns being locked up is security. If you have been there on a Saturday, you'll see how nuts it can get in there. Last year, they had an Angel vanish from the wall during a very busy period. It didn't work, and they caught the guy on tape doing it. They still are waiting for him to come back in and try it again! They want him bad. Joke is that that Angel will never work. It's insides were canabalized. If you want to see any of the mags, just ask. They will bring one up front for you!

Kev, I've heard a lot of things about Gino since my high school days. Not many have been positive, although you have to admit he's got one heck of a buisness connection ;)

I deal with Gino professionally. Yes, he is aggressive and maybe a bit pushy, but he is one hell of a businessman. We are working on a neat expiriment right now. If he does it, it will be a first in the Paintball Industry and mainstream paintball just a bit more.

I'll have to practice a little then maybe meet some of the SJ AO. BTW, 1stdeadeye, I'm in your backyard (Ewan)

Sweet, We will have to play sometime. I am heading up to On Target Paintpall(Field, not Store) in Pemberton next weekend (4/27) if you want to play with us. Just some walk on rec ball. I also play a lot of outlaw PB!

Wc Keep
04-19-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by wobbles82
Yea they have the markers and all at OTS but only carry a few things as of parts, but hey...they are the only store ive ever seen carry a line of Intelliframes and Retro Valves on hand, they can get anything within a few days too. Anyways, nah I dont live in Hoboken, I live in Runnemede, New Jersey, which is very close to all the fields and such. Hoboken is a suite place though man, wish I lived there, has a sorta...ring to it, HO-BO-KEN!

my grandmother used to live in hoboken.

gotta give a plug here. paintballistix carries i-frames, retros, mags, custom mag bodies (pbx slug), and even 4500 flatlines. if you have like 4 hours you should drive up there sometime.

cheetah256
04-19-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by StygShore
Styg

luckily i've had pretty good luck with exotic. never really tried to buy any mag parts there, but they're fairly reasonable. it was interesting when the owner of atomix's son told me that they weren't planning on carrying mag parts, because mags were dead, and AGD would be out of business soon...

we really need to set up a meet at atomix one of these weeks : D

StygShore
04-19-2003, 12:17 PM
Patrick... I think I have seen/met you at Atomix, and you just dont know it :)

Exotic isnt much of a problem, limited selection of stuff, but not too bad.

I think we have a pretty good AGD contingent going in the Waterford area at this point now that I have talked with a few people.

Mayeb we shoudl start a Regional Thread for places to go buy AGD parts and such? Might be a good idea ( instead of cluttering this thread :) sorry )

Styg

mjs1217
04-19-2003, 02:07 PM
(Originally posted by stygshore, but I didn't feel like using the quote feature):
"...and even further, 1 store told me the mags are a dying breed, and another told me that AGD and the automag are done unless they come up with a completely new design and gun that blows the competition away..."

Did someone say Xmag? Gee, I coulda sworn I heard it...