PDA

View Full Version : Pilots training w/paintball guns

joeyjoe367
04-18-2003, 12:59 PM
I read up on MSNBC once in a while and I ran into this interesting article:

http://msnbc.com/news/901855.asp

Basically, some airline pilots are now training to use firearms in planes to deter/stop hijackers.

the pilots will use paintball guns to learn a variety of tactics for shooting over the shoulder.

Aparantly they're going to train these guys to shoot over their shoulders, since a threat will most likely be comming from behind the cockpit.

Kinda interesting where paintball tech comes into play.

I'm betting they use Sydarms :) :)

BobTheCow
04-18-2003, 01:21 PM
Soo... they're training to shoot semi-blindly behind them at what they hope to be the bad guy?? lol maybe it would help if I read the article... but that's cool for all paintball-related purposes!

Miscue
04-18-2003, 06:09 PM
Why don't they just put more effort into locking the cabin door?

eric
04-18-2003, 06:54 PM
Why don't they just put more effort into locking the cabin door?

I personally think it is almost pointless to put effort into locking the door so no one can get in. If terrorists took over a plane but couldnt get into the cockpit they would just threaten to kill people if the pilot wouldnt open the door.

Arming the pilots seems like a much better idea to me

BobTheCow
04-18-2003, 07:02 PM
LOL this reminds me of stories my dad is so fond of telling...
First off, he works for DOT (Department of Transportation *snore*), specifically working with airline stuff.
They have had soooo many suggestions from all those geniuses in the world about security measures that should be on planes in case of terrorist attacks, such as:
Trap door(s) in the floor
Knockout gas
Hypodermic needles in every seat, filled with some sort of knockout serum
and a countless number of other even more ridiculous ideas... I do actually enjoy hearing about them!!

FalconGuy016
04-18-2003, 07:25 PM
Those look like airsoft guns

Sir Chopsalot
04-19-2003, 12:47 PM
hmmmm perhaps i could be wrong but if a pilot shot a gun over his shoulder wouldnt that deafen one of their ears?