PDA

View Full Version : does anyone play starcraft?

WicKeD_WaYz
04-18-2003, 04:00 PM
im not lookig to start one of those "clans" or anything I was just wondering if anyone else here is as addicted to that game as I am. The only way I can play it though is over battle.net , one player games get wayyy too boring.

Ahhh its starting to control my life....:eek:

Sooky
04-18-2003, 08:31 PM
I used to play it all the time!

...since I got Windows XP Pro; now it doesn't work. I can play single player, but when I join BNet and try and enter any game, I get "the game creators latency is too high," whatever that means (I have cable).

So, yeah, I did, and would play Starcraft - if it worked.:mad:

WicKeD_WaYz
04-19-2003, 01:05 AM
ya that usally means your computer isnt fast enough or your connection isnt fast enough. You do know that you should shut down all of the programs you have running prior to playing the game, so you dont lag as much

MagMan5446
04-19-2003, 01:43 AM
yeah I play. My name is austinodo on it. west coast server...

BobTheCow
04-19-2003, 06:14 AM
wow, I used to play that game allllll the time, 56k and all!! But my computer seriously didn't have enough hard drive space for it, and I ended up never having enough time to play a full good game... plus I just got bored of it!! Hey on the east coast server... does anybody know if clan {WTF} is still up and running?? Me and this other kid started it a looong time ago, but it actually caught on!!

NJPaint
04-19-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by WicKeD_WaYz
ya that usally means your computer isnt fast enough or your connection isnt fast enough. You do know that you should shut down all of the programs you have running prior to playing the game, so you dont lag as much

That actually isn't true. There is a bug with SC and XP. I know because I have a 3.06Ghz P4, gig o ram, ATI 9700 and cable and I still have that problem :p. Oh and on any of my other computers or the SDSL line (bussinece line) it still happens.

Fred
04-19-2003, 03:56 PM
I play it... A LOT.

We have about 8 guys in the building who play on the LAN every other day or so.

I'm pretty good with Protoss, decent with Zerg, and suck bad with Terran.

Problem is we play with spawned copies, so only two of us can play on Battlenet at a time...

LAN games are way better though, you can yell across the studio or lab and strategy is easier.

---Fred

shartley
04-19-2003, 04:00 PM
I used to play it a bit, but don’t have time any more. My kids however are Starcraft junkies! :D Jay is a member of “Clan Hunter 2” and Jess is a member of “Clan Terror Squad”.

FutureMagOwner
04-19-2003, 04:12 PM
fred if you want i can give you my brood war and normal star craft cd keys so 3 of you can play on bnet i never play that any more personally

Sooky
04-19-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by NJPaint
That actually isn't true. There is a bug with SC and XP. I know because I have a 3.06Ghz P4, gig o ram, ATI 9700 and cable and I still have that problem :p. Oh and on any of my other computers or the SDSL line (bussinece line) it still happens. I emailed Blizzard's tech help about it, and they mentioned the bug. He said they were "working on it," but who knows if they even care. Although I can play other Blizzard games on Bnet (Diablo II - boring!) I think I'm pretty much outta luck... :(

BobTheCow
04-19-2003, 10:45 PM
aah, I remember this debate raging even when I was still super-obsessed with battlenet... at least 2 or 3 years ago!! :eek:

Miscue
04-19-2003, 11:27 PM
AoEII > StarCraft

:p

RoadDawg
04-20-2003, 12:54 AM
I love it. I'd move on to other games but my computer is barely fast enough to run SCII. After all it is a 133mhz pentium 1 lol.

Peach
04-20-2003, 01:38 AM
I gave up Counter-strike about a month ago to come back to dear old Starcraft(Broodwar) :D

Anyone hear a w00t for an AO Broodwar day? <--- Just kidding

I play on west.

Smoke
04-20-2003, 02:01 AM
I used to play Starcraft all the time. Now I've been addicted to Warcraft III. Wintermaul TD......can't......stop...playing....:D

WicKeD_WaYz
04-20-2003, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by NJPaint

That actually isn't true. There is a bug with SC and XP. I know because I have a 3.06Ghz P4, gig o ram, ATI 9700 and cable and I still have that problem :p. Oh and on any of my other computers or the SDSL line (bussinece line) it still happens.

I dont know about xp. But with my windows 98 sometimes I lag, when my computer is running slow. When I try to join certain games it gives me that message. Then I restart my computer and everything is ok.

DMFunk
04-20-2003, 11:04 PM
I dont wanna sound like a complete geek.. but yeah I am...

...since I got Windows XP Pro; now it doesn't work. I can play single player, but when I join BNet and try and enter any game, I get "the game creators latency is too high," whatever that means (I have cable).

Your problem is a firewall, Open your settings and enable port 6112(battle.net) and then disable your main firewall settings, its the only way to allow the data that needs to come from starcraft to work.

Archangel Kid
04-21-2003, 07:04 PM
wow... if someone doesn't want they're SC and/or BW cds with keys i would gladly take them off your hands :)

Sooky
04-21-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by DMFunk
I dont wanna sound like a complete geek.. but yeah I am...
Your problem is a firewall, Open your settings and enable port 6112(battle.net) and then disable your main firewall settings, its the only way to allow the data that needs to come from starcraft to work. You're not a geek... your a hero!:D

But I've been trying to do as you said, and I can disable the firewall and I followed blizzards instructions on creating ports, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. I can get into the "join game" screen, but every game has the 6 red bars, and when I try to join, it says the latency to the creator is too high.

sneakyhacker420
04-22-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by FutureMagOwner
fred if you want i can give you my brood war and normal star craft cd keys so 3 of you can play on bnet i never play that any more personally

can i have one?

i wanna play SC again but i lost the CD case for it... and that had the key on it :(