PDA

View Full Version : flatline or maxflo?

xen_100
04-18-2003, 04:45 PM
I am going to be purchasing a new tank system here in the next couple weeks.

I know both are high flow and both have 4500PSI. what I am concerned with is the on/off. I know the flatline has the easiest on/off out there, is it reliable? the reason I ask is I have heard that the max-flo on/off can be a pain. leaks and broken o-rings causing it to fail. is this true?

which is better?

rehme
04-18-2003, 04:49 PM
i like the flatline more because it is AGD and it has a higher output pressure i think that max flows only go about 600psi

mxracer33x
04-18-2003, 05:01 PM
flatline on/off is better, max flow is more susceptable to leaks. I own bothe and if its the on/off your concerned about, get a Flatline. Both go high pressure if you get the HP version (for a maxflo) 1000 PSI or better anyhow.

You will be happy either way

paint_munkey
04-18-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by rehme
i like the flatline more because it is AGD and it has a higher output pressure i think that max flows only go about 600psi

i believe the newer max-flos come with both high and low pressure springs.

darklord
04-18-2003, 05:18 PM
I have a maxflow, never had a flatline, but I can say that it's not too bad. Nice on off, a simple lever, but the reg really is prone to leaks. Yesterday I gassed it up a few times and you need just the right pressure in order for it to work right. I love it though.

fire1811
04-18-2003, 06:57 PM
i just got a 68/45 flatline and love it
i have owned many tanks and this is by far the best.
and if you are looking into buying one most places are out of stock i got mine from
www.paintballoutlet.com
first time i ordered from them and i was very impressed

BajaBoy
04-18-2003, 07:34 PM
i think the flatline is the Best all around tank.

like with the flatline everything comes together.. now hear my out

Maxflows-big reg
Apoc-on/off is really stiff (Really)
geddon, no "real" on off
raptor, no real on off at all
Air, more of a lp tank? (i only heard that)

macdev (sp?) heard was awesome but never even seen in real life.

nitroduck, slower recharge? brass regs..

i have such bad luck with presets so i wont even go there.

but out of... Crossfire, pmi, AA, and agd... by far the flatline was alot better for me

TheJester
04-18-2003, 09:10 PM
i did the same exact thread a while ago (no i'm not flaming you for not doing a search) but you can cross refrence the replies i got in mine (it's what i did w/ yours)

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74687

paint_munkey
04-19-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by BajaBoy
i think the flatline is the Best all around tank.

like with the flatline everything comes together.. now hear my out

Maxflows-big reg

i have always hated the design of the reg for the max-flos. the new ones look like they will be more compact though.

FutureMagOwner
04-19-2003, 02:28 PM
get the flat line my maxflow weighs alot and im thinking of dumping it and streamlining all my guns so they can all use the same things easilly and making everything super light