PDA

View Full Version : X-Valve Reviews!?? I need your input

Carbon Blue
04-19-2003, 05:58 PM
Hey guys whats up!? I plan on getting the X-valve for my minimag. What are your reviews/experiences of this valve? is it reliable valve and worth the money!? And will AGD accept my valve if i have the "check it" back half valve on it? and does it really increase your Rate of fire as compared to the stock valve?? thanks for your help!

askman
04-19-2003, 07:43 PM
it is basically aluminum retro valve with level x bolt preinstalled. So you end up with full rt performance at lighter weight. and they will accept your valve as long as front section is AGD with serial number.

TheJester
04-19-2003, 08:46 PM
the x-valve gets a very good review in my book.

cosmeticaly, it looks good, it's a great ano job. performance, i won't lie to you, at first i was dissapointed w/ the reactivness of it (i'm using a preset), i was expecting more, but then i rattled off a long string and was amazed at how it felt. but give it time to break in...i think mags are like a fine wine, they only get better with age. chrono results i can usually get with in +/- 4fps.

now for the "bad", but more of just things you have to do.
you'll have to tune the lvl 10 bolt if you'll want it to do its thing. you'll also have to turn up the velocity as soon as you put it in to get it to fire it, but somewhere on the airgun website it says that. if you have any other ?'s that i forgot to address, or some 1 else doesn't address for you, you can IM me on AIM....TheJester493

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
04-19-2003, 09:49 PM
I went from a classic valve to a x-valve...it is totally worth the money. I got irritated from the shootdown I was getting from my classic valve, so that was the main reason i switched. The reactive trigger is great and I saw a dramatic increase in my ROF. It's between this or the intelliframe as most recommended mod for a mag. FYI the level 10 that comes with it will still need tuning.

Carbon Blue
04-19-2003, 10:46 PM
thanks you guys, is the retro valve and x valve tourney legal? the owner of a local paintball store told me that the retro was banned from tourneys or something.

paint_munkey
04-19-2003, 11:33 PM
most fields/tourneys will allow it.

Dayspring
04-19-2003, 11:45 PM
Owner doesn't know his rump from his elbow.

NPPL and most other tournies allow it. Private fields have their own rulings, but most of the time it's because they think it's more than one shot/ one pull. Edumicate them. ;)

Originally posted by Carbon Blue
thanks you guys, is the retro valve and x valve tourney legal? the owner of a local paintball store told me that the retro was banned from tourneys or something.

Peach
04-20-2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
I went from a classic valve to a x-valve...it is totally worth the money. I got irritated from the shootdown I was getting from my classic valve, so that was the main reason i switched.

Pumping out that 26 BPS I see with the classic valve ;) Don't we ALL love to do that.