PDA

View Full Version : Day after report on Nor Cal AO day

Blennidae
04-20-2003, 12:02 PM
We had a pretty good turnout like Phil mentioned in the meet and greet thread. I was glad to be able to put faces to the names here.

MinimagRockin apparently injured himself and needed some stitches. I did not get to meet him myself.

Since I am mainly a rec-baller I felt a bit outclassed by the more experienced speed demons like covadsucks, but he was helpful in pointing out some of my mistakes, and suggesting ways to improve my game. I think towards the end of the day I was getting a bit better.

Everyone seemed pretty friendly, although we did not all choose to play with the same group.

I was surprised at how many mags were at the field. I normally don't see that many. It was my first time seeing another Emag on the field.

I have some pics of some of the faces, but didn't get to take any action shots. I'll post them later.

Overall, a good day of paintball. I'm looking forward to the next Nor Cal AO day.

LawFox32
04-20-2003, 01:37 PM
pics?,

hitech
04-20-2003, 03:58 PM
Never having played "speedball" before I was felling out classed also. Before we started I was VERY nervous about playing with the advanced group. Covadsucks talked me into it. I was better than I was afraid I would be, but I was still outclassed. I also got some pointers from Covadsucks. He sat out and watched us play so he could provide some useful pointers. I was also having problems with my hyperframe. If I got the ROF up at all it would bolt stick. Having to keep your ROF low against a bunch of very good speedball players on a small field is a real pain.

I did figure out what the problem was. The on/off pin was too long. Problem for me was the shorter one from centerflag is to short. :( However, I just finished putting it on my brothers mini, and fired it at 15bps FULLAUTO. At 16bps, the level 10 started to kick in on some of the rounds (only using a 12volt revy). The long on/off pin was the perfect length for his mini. He is very happy! :D I do wish I would have figured this out before yesterday!

MrMag
04-20-2003, 04:29 PM
i had tons of fun. i was gonna borrow curly's friend's eclipse impy seeing how my matrix is in the shop, but the maxy was messed up; so blennidae being the super cool guy he is let me borrow his retro mini, and his ule bodied emag. BLENNIDAE IS AWESOME!!!

i hadnt played in 2 1/2 months or so, but i did ok. i still dont know what i was thinking when i did that 180 after bunkering that guy.....:rolleyes:

anyway, i cant wait until the next one, and i wish we could have gotten phil on tape saying those things which will remain off these boards since i would prob get a 3day ban for posting em.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

InfinatyBPS
04-20-2003, 04:40 PM
Yes it was indeed fun. I also felt outclassed while playing advanced tho, but I was owning in the intermediate class :D Just to let you know, Im usualy more talkative when I start to get to know people a little, so ya :D

Curly
04-20-2003, 05:12 PM
I also had a great day. It was awesome to meet everyone and see so many mags. I had a lot of fun arguing with Covadsucks about who's gun was faster and what not.

Its been a while since i have seen any emags and it was cool to see at least three of them at the field at once. Especially yagrmiester's reprogramed board which features an electronic safety and 20 bps operation.

I was also suprised at how well you did on the speedball fields hitech. You were getting into the snakes and 50 bunkers and even shot me out once or twice. ;)

All in all it was a great day that i wouldnt mind repeating in the future. I know that you have at least one shot of me Blennidae so whenever you feel like it post em on up.

-Jeremy

MrMag
04-20-2003, 06:21 PM
yah, blen has 2 of me i think..........one of me representing the ghilloti mofia :D

Blennidae
04-20-2003, 10:18 PM
All smack talk, all the time:D Great guy, very helpful.

Blennidae
04-20-2003, 10:19 PM
just kickin' it

Blennidae
04-20-2003, 10:20 PM
actually needs that rack to carry his Mag...;)

Blennidae
04-20-2003, 10:23 PM
a cocker, c'mon, get with the program. Just kidding:)

Blennidae
04-20-2003, 10:24 PM
I'm still cleaning white paint out of my Emag...;)

Blennidae
04-20-2003, 10:26 PM
Trying in vain to hide behind a can of soda.

Blennidae
04-20-2003, 10:28 PM
Very cool Emag software, AGD should really look into it.

MrMag
04-20-2003, 10:41 PM
not too good of a pic of me.......is the other better? anyway, if that lil punk hadnt played on there would be no paint. i shot him through the hole on the 50 and then he reached over and shot your gun up. you should find him and beat him up :D

Blennidae
04-20-2003, 10:46 PM
That is the better of the 2 pics, sorry.

I think we all should thank Phil's wife for making the Pizza and drink run. It was very nice of her to do that.

MrMag
04-20-2003, 10:49 PM
yah, i somehow missed that. i mentioned that i was hungry to jerm on the way back, and he asked if i had any of the pizza. i definately missed out

hitech
04-20-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Blennidae
actually needs that rack to carry his Mag...;)

Yeah, it is a tank. Didn't stop me from getting to the 50. ;)

yagrmiestr
04-20-2003, 11:16 PM
It was great meeting you guys. I had a lot of fun. Next time I gotta hang around longer! :D

So when do we start planning the next one? ;)

InfinatyBPS
04-20-2003, 11:40 PM
Nice pics, but god I hate pics of me smiling so much:p

InfinatyBPS
04-20-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Blennidae
That is the better of the 2 pics, sorry.

I think we all should thank Phil's wife for making the Pizza and drink run. It was very nice of her to do that.

Thanks Phil's wife:D I think we need to find more lady Bay Area players, there were none there. Except for Covad's wife, forgot to ask, but does she play?

Curly
04-20-2003, 11:52 PM
Phil told me she has a black dragon i think.

MrMag
04-21-2003, 12:03 AM
i say we start it now. i will start a new thread in the meet and great section

covadsucks
04-21-2003, 10:33 AM
Mornin' Gents.

I just want to go on record to say that my buddies and I had a great time playing with and against you all. I am looking forward to the next meeting, in which I will have the ez-up with me! Sorry bout the sunburn Blennidae~oops!

My wife did apologize for not getting there sooner and she does play, she's just not into the speedball bit. We'll get the next AO Norcal Day Chapter 2 planned out soon. I'll get an AO Banner made and some other goodies, possibly some AO Cookies and some more pizza...

Blennidae
04-21-2003, 11:44 AM
Phil, no need for any apologies on you or your wifes part. I think we are all thankful she brought the pizza and drinks.

Thanks for all the tips on playing. I appreciate it. Now if I can only learn to communicate. (my wife tells me that too) ;)

The sunburn is minor, and is already turning brown. I needed a little color. Nothing compared to the burn I got on my honeymoon. Pale people just can't snorkel for 2 hrs in the bright Hawaiian sun with no protection and not pay the price...:eek:

Mighty Mike
04-21-2003, 02:52 PM
SPECIAL THANKS to Blennidae and Covad for setting this all up!! I had a great time out there even though I was everyone's bulls eye all day Saturday.:mad:

Every AO member I met was extrememly friendly and i'm seriously looking forward to the 2nd AO Bay Area event!! I thought it was really cool of Covad to sit out some games to check out how other AO members were playing. Thanks Covad for sharing your experience and advice!! Hopefully next time I won't be running out on the field like a chicken with his head cutt off.:p

InfinatyBPS
04-21-2003, 03:13 PM
and just to let everyone know, I had just finished a pretty good game of speedball, then i was in the sun for about 10 mins, so I'm not usualy that red:p

Army
04-21-2003, 03:43 PM
Get a date locked in, and I'll be there.

I'm really sorry I missed this one guys, it looks like you had great weather after that drencher earlier in the week.

covadsucks
04-21-2003, 04:32 PM
I only picked a date with Blennidae, he deserves all of the credit and any accolades for tracking everyone down and inviting them to join us. I just show up and shoot people(and talk a ton of POOP -on and off the field)!!

Mighty Mike wasn't doing the "chicken w/a cocker dance" but he running a mag on CO2 :eek:.

Army, we'd love to have you join us so long as you bring a EZ-Up:p. Again, guys I am sorry my wife did not bring it, this Saturday I'll be back at SCP slingin' more paint.

Curly
04-21-2003, 07:32 PM
Phil: Your hopper only feeds like 13 bps. There is no way that your gun is faster then mine. :)

MrMag
04-21-2003, 09:15 PM
phily poo!!!!! anyway that would be cool if ya came to cali for the meet. they are pretty small but oh well. i cant wait for the next one

InfinatyBPS
04-21-2003, 09:45 PM
Hehehe, I doubt I'm gonna be able to not spend money till the end of the month, so I doubt I'll be there:p

Gitaroo Man
04-21-2003, 10:26 PM
I'll be at the next one for sure! Sorry I missed this one!

Mighty Mike
04-22-2003, 01:31 AM
I didn't take as many pics as I would have liked but here are a few. My future timmy is in Covad's hand.:D

Mighty Mike
04-22-2003, 01:36 AM
Blennidae 2nd to the left.

Mighty Mike
04-22-2003, 01:37 AM
Blennidae taking cover.

Mighty Mike
04-22-2003, 01:39 AM
Blennidae checking to see if he got hit.

Mighty Mike
04-22-2003, 01:40 AM
Blennidae showing off his ule Emag.

Mighty Mike
04-22-2003, 01:52 AM
Actually Blennidae was not hit like the above pictures shows. The paintball bounced off his arm and when he asked the player in front of him if he was hit, that player called him out. It was a bs call.

MrMag
04-22-2003, 09:36 AM
meh, it was basically me vs blen every time on the airball. i would go to one of the towers, and he would go to the back left or right. we dueled it out a lot :D

covadsucks
04-22-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by MrMag
meh, it was basically me vs blen every time on the airball. i would go to one of the towers, and he would go to the back left or right. we dueled it out a lot :D

That is only if you didn't get hit on the break. Or drop a fresh bag of paint on the ground!:D

Blennidae
04-22-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Mighty Mike
Actually Blennidae was not hit like the above pictures shows. The paintball bounced off his arm and when he asked the player in front of him if he was hit, that player called him out. It was a bs call.

Yeah, that was pretty weak. I guess the guy didn't want to share a bunker. You should be able to trust the guy on your own team...:rolleyes:

InfinatyBPS
04-22-2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Mighty Mike
Blennidae 2nd to the left.

and me all the way to the left lol

MrMag
04-23-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by covadsucks

That is only if you didn't get hit on the break. Or drop a fresh bag of paint on the ground!:D

woooo there bucko, that only happened once and someone got in my way. and the paint wasnt fresh, it was at least a week old :D

flatacid
04-23-2003, 01:22 AM
i need to start checking this site out more. i would have loved to play with some ao'ers. i dont have my mag anymore, but it looks like alot of fun.

covadsucks
04-23-2003, 11:32 AM
Flatacid, we'll be planning another soon. So I can show Curly again, how much faster my Timmy is than his. HA HA HA.:p ;)

xadamx
04-23-2003, 12:42 PM
looks like an awesome day of PB! i wish i lived closer to come out and play with you guys.

LittlePaintballBoy
04-23-2003, 06:30 PM
looks like it was a lot of fun. wish me and my dad coulda been there. how bout another one next month? if you guys dont mind driving modestos is cool. they have little tent lookin things(basicly a stationed ez up) and they serve hot dogs at lunch. walk on is $15 and i think its $6 all day air. see for yourself, www.extremepaintballfield.com
ill be free on the 14 and 27 of may. lmk

MrMag
04-23-2003, 08:37 PM
another thread has been started in the meet and great forum